My first ever oil change and takeaways

I’m just gonna do oil changes myself I can’t help myself I like to make 100% that it’s done right. If the dealer is doing it great 95% of the time i don’t want to be that screwed up 5% day. I removed the plastic drip thing around the filter housing also and used SRT 041 filter and this oil i researched to be one of the best Liqui Moly 0W-40.

Unfortunately the oil you used does not meet the Mopar requirements. It doesn't meet the MS-A0921 standard nor does it have the API Donut trademark. If you value your engine warranty you might want to consider something else.

"Engine Oil — 6.4L Engine
We recommend using Mopar® API Certified SAE 0W-40 Full Synthetic Engine Oil which meets the requirements of the manufacturer Material Standard MS-A0921.

Equivalent full synthetic SAE 0W-40 engine oil can be used but
must have the API Donut trademark"

Unfortunately the oil you used does not meet the Mopar requirements. It doesn't meet the MS-A0921 standard nor does it have the API Donut trademark. If you value your engine warranty you might want to consider something else.

"Engine Oil — 6.4L Engine
We recommend using Mopar® API Certified SAE 0W-40 Full Synthetic Engine Oil which meets the requirements of the manufacturer Material Standard MS-A0921.

must have the API Donut trademark"
Unfortunately I think you are right. Probably excellent oil but without the certification....the lawyers come into play.

This oil exceeds Mopar recommended and is API this oil meets strenuous European standards.

Attachments

• 371EE607-AB7D-42B6-8622-2EE4519246A4.png
    371EE607-AB7D-42B6-8622-2EE4519246A4.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 84
This oil exceeds Mopar recommended and is API this oil meets strenuous European standards.

I don't disagree. But if you have an unexpected engine failure you will be asked to prove you did the required oil changes. When they see the oil you used are you confident the factory inspector will agree that you used the correct oil? Why take that chance?

Take a look at the oil you used and see if it meets the following requirement.

must have the API Donut trademark.

It's your money, tread on.

Jeep-392-Oil.jpg

Dropping my oil today for the first time @ 1,701 miles. Ran a good break in process. Sending to Blackstone labs for analysis of break in. Will post upon receipt. For what it's worth, I'm running Amsoil 0W40 signature. I've run Amsoil in all of my vehicles including my competition vehicles. Not seeking validation, just sharing that I am very pleased and thankful for Amsoil. Be well friends!

Same here 7.5 with SRT Filter....
There is some chatter out there that the larger filters will hit the frame when the engine torque causes the engine to twist? Has anybody observed that? I'm getting ready to order every thing for my first change and like the idea of the 041 SRT filter, but might back up on that if this is likely?

There is some chatter out there that the larger filters will hit the frame when the engine torque causes the engine to twist? Has anybody observed that? I'm getting ready to order every thing for my first change and like the idea of the 041 SRT filter, but might back up on that if this is likely?
Snapped some fresh photos for ya. Never mind the speckled appearance. 🙃 top of pictures is front x member. Is a tad close.

Attachments

• 20240106_131730.jpg
    20240106_131730.jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 20240106_131739.jpg
    20240106_131739.jpg
    400.4 KB · Views: 48
I've seen that also and probably posted here. I have used all three Mopar filters and have not noticed any issues. I dont drive it much so 6 months comes long before 5000 miles. I dont think the filter makes a bit of difference in my situation.

Snapped some fresh photos for ya. Never mind the speckled appearance. 🙃 top of pictures is front x member. Is a tad close.
You Rock!! Thanks so much for running out to grab pics like that! This forum is just the best!

Last edited:
That doesn’t look like an SRT filter unless they totally changed them. Looks like a 339…

Might be aftermarket or the Mopar 899 which is same size and black. What's pictured is bigger than a 339

That doesn’t look like an SRT filter unless they totally changed them. Looks like a 339…
That's because it is not an SRT filter. Standard filter body size. Just photos for reference.

You Rock!! Thanks so much for running out to grab pics like that! This forum is just the best!
NP. I was already under there. To clarify, this is not an SRT filter. Standard body size.

This video shows the differences between SRT 041 and 899:

I’ve been using 899 for all my 4 oil changes so far. Very happy with it. I don’t see the need to go with 041 even though it has a stronger build. Still no scientific evidence about the flow.

Changing the oil every 6 months with new filter is sufficient in my case, I’m not racing the 392.

The 339 is about $9, the 899 is about $11 and the 041 is $15.
I’ve used them all. Have a 899 on now and next change will be a 041, since it was $14 last order time.

Back