Just Traded my 2021 Rubicon 392 with 2,650 miles

Just looked up the trade, its on the dealers site for $85,999, ouch!

Just found out Boniface-Hiers listed my 392 for $85,999 (link below). There's definitely room to negotiate that asking price....

Just found out Boniface-Hiers listed my 392 for $85,999 (link below). There's definitely room to negotiate that asking price....

Why don't you let people know what they gave you in trade so if anyone is interested they can negotiate with full knowledge instead of being all coy about it?

Why don't you let people know what they gave you in trade so if anyone is interested they can negotiate with full knowledge instead of being all coy about it?
Loyalty -- Fairness -- Integrity

- Loyalty to my community, which extends to community businesses like Boniface-Hiers -- over the last 22 years they have earned my loyalty through myriad transactions.
- Fairness to everyone seeking to purchase a 392 -- if I reveal inside information to someone on this forum I am not being fair to everyone else outside this forum who might be considering a 392 -- a level playing field.
- Integrity -- "Doing the right thing even when nobody is watching.” It served me well during my 30 years, 27 days on active duty -- It’s ingrained in me.

Good luck!!

I was thinking of trading my in for a rivian truck.

I love my 392 but just got a 69 chevelle with a big block. So that might be my fun and get a rivian truck for the everyday.

dealers offering me around 70-75k for trade in depending on condition of 392..

Loyalty -- Fairness -- Integrity

- Loyalty to my community, which extends to community businesses like Boniface-Hiers -- over the last 22 years they have earned my loyalty through myriad transactions.
- Fairness to everyone seeking to purchase a 392 -- if I reveal inside information to someone on this forum I am not being fair to everyone else outside this forum who might be considering a 392 -- a level playing field.
- Integrity -- "Doing the right thing even when nobody is watching.” It served me well during my 30 years, 27 days on active duty -- It’s ingrained in me.
See Ya!!

All those dealerships on this forum giving us less than MRSP deals over regular folk off the street. The pressure to show loyalty, fairness & integrity and write Grainger an additional $6k is going to be hard but I know I can do it.

Hey @CBH - I used to live down in Cocoa Beach and Titusville. Stationed at NOTU in Cape Canaveral AFS. I sincerely miss that area!

Good luck!!

I was thinking of trading my in for a rivian truck.

I love my 392 but just got a 69 chevelle with a big block. So that might be my fun and get a rivian truck for the everyday.

dealers offering me around 70-75k for trade in depending on condition of 392..
Sounds like a great combo! When I was a teenager living in Germany, a friend had a ’69 Chevelle SS 396. I rode with him one day when he went out on the Autobahn to race Porsches. That was fun! It’s hard to get the sound of that V-8 out of my head.

Hey @CBH - I used to live down in Cocoa Beach and Titusville. Stationed at NOTU in Cape Canaveral AFS. I sincerely miss that area!
The Air Force transferred me to Cape Canaveral in 2001. I “sat console" for every rocket launch, including DASO launches. After a few more transfers (Pentagon, Colorado Springs) I finally retired/retired In 2017 and moved back to Cape Canaveral. It turned out to be a great place to live during the COVID lockdowns, where local authorities took a more common sense approach. In fact, I ran into Sheriff Ivey patrolling the beach one day on an ATV and thanked him for not closing the beach. His reply, “its not my job to take away your civil liberties.” He deserved a Jeep Wave for that!

good-bye..

don't forget your virtue cape
Oh, I won’t. It helps me sleep at night knowing I at least tried to do the right thing every day, including being cordial to people, regardless of how they treat me.

Good way to be! Avoid the negativity. It amazes me how people act a lot of times. Especially online. On another forum, I recently had an experience where I said something that was taken out of context. Someone basically flew off the handle. I simply replied how I didn‘t mean it how they took it and then i then explained what I meant. Now when people read that thread, they see someone who handled themselves with respect, and others who handled themselves like angry teenagers (and based on the forum, I know they aren’t actually teenagers, they’re supposed to be intelligent adults).

I’d rather come out of it looking like the adult than some 14 year old kid who can’t control their emotions. That is especially true in real life. When I see someone acting poorly, I try to give them the benefit of the doubt (they’re having a bad day, they’re genuinely in a rush, etc), but that's up to a point. We can't condone bad behavior. Luckily I live in a pretty rural place where people generally respect each other.

Of course in the case of online, some people are there to troll, but *shrug*, if one acts in a respectable way, you don’t run the risk of getting trolled either.

Last edited:
The Air Force transferred me to Cape Canaveral in 2001. I “sat console" for every rocket launch, including DASO launches. After a few more transfers (Pentagon, Colorado Springs) I finally retired/retired In 2017 and moved back to Cape Canaveral. It turned out to be a great place to live during the COVID lockdowns, where local authorities took a more common sense approach. In fact, I ran into Sheriff Ivey patrolling the beach one day on an ATV and thanked him for not closing the beach. His reply, “its not my job to take away your civil liberties.” He deserved a Jeep Wave for that!
Nice! You and I may have crossed path's during DASO's on the radio. I filled roles as a Test Engineer (TE) on the boat's and Test Conductor (TC) on the LASS. You ever get to the Greenhouse?

I ordered it loaded -- came in just under $79K -- OUCH!
Although relatively new here, I've enjoyed reading your posts...sorry to see you go. Much respect for your values and the code you live by.

You will enjoy your Rebel. Had one a few years back and also owned a Longhorn. Really had fun with them and especially enjoyed modding the Rebel.

Godspeed @CBH

Although relatively new here, I've enjoyed reading your posts...sorry to see you go. Much respect for your values and the code you live by.

You will enjoy your Rebel. Had one a few years back and also owned a Longhorn. Really had fun with them and especially enjoyed modding the Rebel.

Godspeed @CBH
Thanks. I was fortunate to have had great mentors throughout my career, which helped me mentor the people I was fortunate enough to lead as I moved up in rank.

What kind of mods did you do to your Rebel?

Nice! You and I may have crossed path's during DASO's on the radio. I filled roles as a Test Engineer (TE) on the boat's and Test Conductor (TC) on the LASS. You ever get to the Greenhouse?
Never got to the Greenhouse. I did get to NOTU once for an orientation visit, and when I was in training I got to go aboard the USS Tennessee that was dry-docked at King’s Bay. It was fascinating, the third leg of the Triad, compared to my time pulling nuclear alert underground in Montana in the ‘80s.

Good way to be! Avoid the negativity. It amazes me how people act a lot of times. Especially online. On another forum, I recently had an experience where I said something that was taken out of context. Someone basically flew off the handle. I simply replied how I didn‘t mean it how they took it and then i then explained what I meant. Now when people read that thread, they see someone who handled themselves with respect, and others who handled themselves like angry teenagers (and based on the forum, I know they aren’t actually teenagers, they’re supposed to be intelligent adults).

I’d rather come out of it looking like the adult than some 14 year old kid who can’t control their emotions. That is especially true in real life. When I see someone acting poorly, I try to give them the benefit of the doubt (they’re having a bad day, they’re genuinely in a rush, etc), but that's up to a point. We can't condone bad behavior. Luckily I live in a pretty rural place where people generally respect each other.

Of course in the case of online, some people are there to troll, but *shrug*, if one acts in a respectable way, you don’t run the risk of getting trolled either.
I had two assignments in Montana and one in Wyoming; got to meet some really great people -- farmers, ranchers, real cowboys; the best of America. One day I’m on alert in a launch control center underground in eastern Montana and one of the ranchers called to tell us, “somebody is near my missile silo”. The farmers/ranchers were very protective of missiles silos on their property, which have been their since the 1960’s -- they were unofficially our first line of defense. 👍

It was fascinating, the third leg of the Triad, compared to my time pulling nuclear alert underground in Montana in the ‘80s.
I've always envisioned that as the most boring, stressful job on earth.

I've always envisioned that as the most boring, stressful job on earth.
It was boring most of the time and stressful all the time. For young lieutenants crew duty gave you time to work on your education while trapped underground for your 24-hour shift, but at the same time, missile operations is always stressful because you are constantly under scrutiny where a single mistake can alter the trajectory of your career. On the plus side most missile officers leave crew duty with a Master's degree and an enhanced level of discipline and attention to detail, attributes which make you a valuable resource no matter what you do the rest of your career.

Back