Jeep on train for over a month and a half!

Maxx

Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Rides
‘21 392 AEV JL370
My Jeep has been on a train for over a month now. Is this normal? Getting concerned because no one at dealership or customer service can tell me where it is and I get a different answer every time I speak with someone.

Well that is certainly not encouraging. I just heard from my dealer, apparently my Jeep has been built and is awaiting quality assurance inspection, for over 20 days.

That certainly seems odd. My 392 took one week from Ohio to NC. I can’t understand why your dealer cannot determine what is occurring.

That certainly seems odd. My 392 took one week from Ohio to NC. I can’t understand why your dealer cannot determine what is occurring.
Yeah. Something is not quite right with the staff and management there. The Jeep is going from Ohio to Southern California, but over a month on a train does seem odd. Still hoping for the best.

Last edited:
Yeah. Something is not quite right with the staff and management there. The Jeep is going from Ohio to Southern California, but over a month on a train does seem odd. Still hoping for the best.
I have a friend that is the commercial sales manager at my Chevy dealership in town. He told me last week there is a huge shortage of empty rail cars right now. They have over 20 vehicles sitting at the Chevy manufacturing plant waiting for a car to put them on. :(

Feel your pain! When Jeep ships your vehicle it's like it drops into a black hole, once the rail yard has it, it could sit for weeks in a sorting yard with Jeep having no communication from the rail company. Sometimes it will just magically show up at the dealer and no one knows how it got there.

Hey, thanks @tjohnson and @RKKRAWL. I feel a bit better after hearing what you’ve said. Only accurate info I have is that my Jeep left Toledo on train for destination at beginning of November. Was beginning to wonder if something shady was happening.

Last edited:
My 392XR was built this week and is currently awaiting inspection and shipping. There have been many threads on the timing of both these issues. I feel your pain! It’s hard for me to comprehend waiting another 6 weeks for an assembled vehicle to get delivered. One long wait after another 😕

My 392XR was built this week and is currently awaiting inspection and shipping. There have been many threads on the timing of both these issues. I feel your pain! It’s hard for me to comprehend waiting another 6 weeks for an assembled vehicle to get delivered. One long wait after another 😕

Seems like it would be easier in many cases to just let buyers of custom orders pickup at the plant instead of shipping. They could easily still give credit to dealer for sale.

Seems like it would be easier in many cases to just let buyers of custom orders pickup at the plant instead of shipping. They could easily still give credit to dealer for sale.
You can actually do that exact thing with BMW. You use your local dealer to order and do all the paperwork... then you fly to Germany and pick up your car. My friend did it a few years ago... actually saved him about $4,000 because you take ownership in Germany, and then they transport it to the US without any of the tariffs, etc.

He said it was quite the celebration... they have the car on a turning platform when you arrive. They give you a tour of their facility and then you drive the car away. It was about a 4-6 hour deal. The big advantage is he got to drive it on the Autobahn at 120+mph. The downside is it takes 6-8 weeks to be delivered to the US... and that was before all this cargo ship mess. LOL

You can actually do that exact thing with BMW. You use your local dealer to order and do all the paperwork... then you fly to Germany and pick up your car. My friend did it a few years ago... actually saved him about $4,000 because you take ownership in Germany, and then they transport it to the US without any of the tariffs, etc.

He said it was quite the celebration... they have the car on a turning platform when you arrive. They give you a tour of their facility and then you drive the car away. It was about a 4-6 hour deal. The big advantage is he got to drive it on the Autobahn at 120+mph. The downside is it takes 6-8 weeks to be delivered to the US... and that was before all this cargo ship mess. LOL
Yup. Thats what i was thinking about.... think porsche does that as well. Seems like a missed marketing opportunity for Jeep imho. They could have a whole jeep experienece at the plant. Off road course, etc. Let people pick up their jeep.

I feel your pain. I live in south Florida, and it’s been several weeks since my Jeep was done. It left Toledo on a train about three or four weeks ago I guess, went to Michigan and sat for a couple weeks, and according to my dealer today should be in Tampa next week finally. But then, it has to get off the train and onto a truck for delivery to the dealership. So just because it’s finally off the train doesn’t mean the journey and waiting will end. But, I have a strong feeling I’ll have it within a couple weeks now. It’s getting close!

FCA uses a freight management service called Rubicon VLS (not related to the Wrangler model) to track shipments. You can ask your dealer to search by VIN and they will get a report showing where your vehicle was scanned last. Every dealership has access to this service, but you may have to push them a bit to check. It only takes a few minutes. You can have them check as often as you like.

I’ve asked both sales and sales manager several times about this and they either can’t or won’t check the Rubicon VLS system. It appears they have no idea what this is.

I’ve asked both sales and sales manager several times about this and they either can’t or won’t check the Rubicon VLS system. It appears they have no idea what this is.
That seems very suspicious. Since the query is VIN driven, I wonder if another dealership can check for you?

My Jeep has been on a train for over a month now. Is this normal? Getting concerned because no one at dealership or customer service can tell me where it is and I get a different answer every time I speak with someone.
The first time I was informed by the dealer that my Jeep was on a train we thought it was headed for the dealership. However, after making plane reservations to go to Michigan to pick it up I was then informed that it was actually headed to Toronto for installation of MOPAR parts. Scratch Plane reservation. Jeep and God only knows why the "MOPAR" parts couldn't be installed in Toledo. Bottom line is that the Jeep arrived at the dealership a month later from Toledo after final inspection.

Last edited:
Maybe Siri rerouted the assembly line due to high traffic?

😂

The first time I was informed by the dealer that my Jeep was on was loaded on a train we thought it was headed for the dealership. However, after making plane reservations to go to Michigan to pick it up I was then informed that it was actually headed to Toronto for installation of MOPAR parts. Scratch Plane reservation. Jeep and God only knows why the "MOPAR" parts couldn't be installed in Toledo. Bottom line is that the Jeep arrived at the dealership a month later from Toledo after final inspection.
Did you ever find out what parts?

7% off 2024 Jeep Wrangler 392 Granger Motors Just Bolt Ons.com MARK CDJR in Lake Charles Louisiana Underground Graphics

Latest Discussions

Back