Jeep Introduces New 2024 Wrangler

Featured
jeep-wrangler-2024-press-release.jpg

The new 2024 Jeep® Wrangler, the most capable and recognized vehicle in the world, builds on its legendary history with an unmatched combination of off-road capability, authentic Jeep design, open-air freedom, advanced powertrains, superior on- and off-road dynamics and a host of innovative safety and advanced technology features.

The latest evolution of the world's most off-road capable and most iconic SUV adds greater capability, new technology and advanced safety features, all while staying true to the Wrangler formula and delivering the freedom to go anywhere and do anything.

• Wrangler Rubicon models add even more legendary 4x4 capability with an available factory-installed 8,000-lb.-capacity Warn winch, up to 100:1 crawl ratio and new Dana 44 HD full float solid rear axle that allows for tire upsizing by customers and up to 5,000-lb. maximum towing
  • New Willys model delivers more capability with larger tires, more ground clearance, high fender flares and improved traction
  • Iconic Wrangler exterior features new seven-slot grille, windshield-integrated trail-ready stealth antenna, 10 all-new wheel designs and multiple open-air freedom options, including exclusive Sky One-Touch powertop
  • Refined interior with more technology and amenities, including available 12-way power adjustable front seats, all-new instrument panel featuring Uconnect 5 system with best-in-class 12.3-inch touchscreen radio and standard wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
  • Wrangler now delivers standard first- and second-row side-curtain airbags, standard forward collision warning (Sport S and above) and standard advanced cruise control with stop (Sport S and above)
  • Two new models expand Wrangler's unrivaled portfolio:
    • Sport S 4xe brings lower entry price point to best-selling PHEV in America
    • Rubicon X elevates Rubicon nameplate with standard 35-inch tires (2.0- and 3.6-liter automatic powertrains), integrated off-road camera and steel bumpers
  • First factory application of Trails Offroad delivers comprehensive off-road trail guides for the 62 Jeep® Badge of Honor trails loaded right into the Uconnect 5 system, with an upgradable subscription that unlocks full catalog of 3,000-plus Trails Offroad trail guides
  • Jeep Wrangler 4xe continues as the best-selling PHEV in America, building on Jeep brand's goal of Zero Emission Freedom to produce the most capable and sustainable Jeep SUVs
  • New for 2024, Wrangler 4xe offers Jeep 4xe Power Box, which features four 120-volt outlets with 30 amps of total output, allowing the battery pack to power external devices
  • By the end of 2025, the entire North America Jeep brand lineup will be electrified. By 2030, 50% of Jeep brand sales in the United States will be fully electric

New for the 2024 model year, the Jeep brand is taking the Wrangler capability game to new heights with its first full-float Dana rear axle, available 100:1 crawl ratio, new factory Warn winch and increased 5,000-pound tow capability. Inside, customers get to experience more comfort and safety, with a new interior featuring available power front seats, standard 12.3-inch Uconnect 5 touchscreen radio and standard side curtain airbags in the first and second rows.

2024-jeep-infotainment.jpg

"The Jeep Wrangler is the archetypal adventure hero, embodying the spirit and the soul of the Jeep brand," said Christian Meunier, Jeep brand CEO. "Since its introduction, we have sold almost 5 million Wranglers around the world, setting new levels of 4x4 capability with each new generation. Today, we are raising the bar once again by combining the most capable Wrangler to date, with more technology, comfort and safety features. This is a no-compromise combination enhanced by the freedom to choose from four different powertrains, including our electrified 4xe, which is the best-selling PHEV in America."

Building on its legacy of freedom and adventure, the new Wrangler is a testament to its loyal enthusiast fan base.

"The new 2024 Jeep Wrangler is an illustration of how powerful the Jeep community is and how they keep driving improvements based on their expectations of greater capability, advanced technology and more refinement," said Jim Morrison, senior vice president and head of Jeep brand North America. "With the plug-in 4xe playing a lead role in the lineup, the new Wrangler takes the best and makes it better, with even more legendary 4x4 capability, thanks to our first full-float Dana rear axle that makes it possible for Wrangler owners to easily upsize tires; a more advanced and comfortable interior with a standard 12.3-inch touchscreen and available power seats tested for water fording; more safety and technology, including standard side-curtain airbags; and a stylish, fresh take on the iconic seven-slot grille that keeps the overall design true to the original."

The 2024 Jeep Wrangler will be available in Sport, Willys, Sahara, High Altitude, Rubicon and Rubicon 392 models. Ordering is open now and vehicles will start to arrive in U.S. Jeep dealerships later in 2023. The 2024 Jeep Wrangler will also be available in markets around the world.

Last edited:
The new 392's come with the full float axle as well but the tow ratings aren't changing because of the weight of the Hemi
The weight of the Hemi? This logic doesn’t make sense to me.

Using the 2023 Rubicon 392 & 3.6 Liter to pull my data for comparison…

The 392 has a 300 lbs. greater gross vehicle weight rating over the 3.6 Liter. [both having the semi-float D44s]

Aside from a heavier vehicle already being more stable when towing (especially when it comes to braking), please help me understand how a vehicle that already has a greater gross vehicle weight rating capability (which includes trailer tongue weight) can’t have an increased towing capacity due to it having a Hemi in it?

I’m not saying there isn’t something that’s preventing the 392 from having an increased towing capacity, there obviously is some reason if indeed true, but it being due to the weight of the Hemi??? Please cite where you gathered your data. Thank You in advance.

2023 Rubicon 392 Cite: https://www.autoblog.com/buy/2023-Jeep-Wrangler-Rubicon_392__4dr_4x4/specs/
Curb 5,098 Lbs.
Gross weight 6,100 Lbs.

2023 Rubicon 3.6 Liter Cite: https://www.autoblog.com/buy/2023-Jeep-Wrangler-Rubicon__4dr_4x4/specs/
Curb 4,449 Lbs.
Gross weight 5,800 Lbs.
---------------------------------
392 > 3.6
Curb Difference 649 Lbs.
Gross Difference, 300 Lbs.

The 392 has a 300 lbs. greater gross vehicle weight rating over the 3.6 Liter. [both having the semi-float D44s]

Aside from a heavier vehicle already being more stable when towing (especially when it comes to braking), please help me understand how a vehicle that already has a greater gross vehicle weight rating capability (which includes trailer tongue weight) can’t have an increased towing capacity due to it having a Hemi in it?

I’m not saying there isn’t something that’s preventing the 392 from having an increased towing capacity, there obviously is some reason if indeed true, but it being due to the weight of the Hemi??? Please cite where you gathered your data. Thank You in advance.

2023 Rubicon 392 Cite: https://www.autoblog.com/buy/2023-Jeep-Wrangler-Rubicon_392__4dr_4x4/specs/
Curb 5,098 Lbs.
Gross weight 6,100 Lbs.

2023 Rubicon 3.6 Liter Cite: https://www.autoblog.com/buy/2023-Jeep-Wrangler-Rubicon__4dr_4x4/specs/
Curb 4,449 Lbs.
Gross weight 5,800 Lbs.
392 > 3.6
Curb Difference 649 Lbs.
Source was Scott Blum (can't find the post, but he mentioned it on one of the Facebook groups) and an engineer that was at EJS. Pretty sure someone else mentioned it as well.

Then there is this (left column showing FF axle) Certainly if they would have increased towing, they would advertise it.
Maybe they couldn't get the proper bracing for towing because of the exhaust. Or maybe it's because of the factory suspension on the 392 being too soft or something. Notice as well, they aren't touting any increase towing in the 4XE which shares the same transmission/transfer case setup as the 392. Might be something with that as well. Maybe the Hemi engine weight excuse was a copout, who knows.
2024-392SPECS.jpeg

Hmm, that would make sense with the jeep blog stating that the 5k towing would be on the Rubi 3.6 and 2.0 engines. I guess technically the 4xe uses the 2.0, but it's a 2.0 'PHEV' designation. So maybe it really is just non 392 and non 4xe rubicons that get the upgraded towing. If so, that's a shame.

The 'new' steering wheel must be spectacular since they mentioned it twice. :p

Here's a Stellantis media site that mentions the 5000k on the 3.6 and 2.0. Before that they list the four power trains as the 2.0 phev separate. So yah, I wonder if the 4xe and 392 don't get the towing increase. At least the axle is still a benefit off road.

• 2.0-liter turbocharged PHEV 4xe: 375 horsepower, 470 lb.-ft. of torque
  • 2.0-liter turbocharged I-4 engine: 270 horsepower and 295 lb.-ft. of torque
  • 3.6-liter V-6: 285 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque
  • 6.4-liter V-8: 470 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque

By using a full-float axle design, the weight of the vehicle is transferred to the axle tube rather than the axle shaft itself. Thus, the axle shaft is subjected only to torsional loads, with its sole function being to transmit power to the wheel hub. This stronger, more robust full-float construction enables a maximum towing capacity of 5,000 pounds on Rubicon 2.0-liter and 3.6-liter automatic models.

Last edited:

Curb 5,098 Lbs.
Gross weight 6,100 Lbs.

Curb 4,449 Lbs.
Gross weight 5,800 Lbs.
392 > 3.6
Curb Difference 649 Lbs.

Correction............I read one of Scott Blum's post about the new JL with 5000lb tow capacity.... It's a combo of many things but mainly lateral stability during the aggresive maneuver part of the J2807 test of the limit of the Wrangler. The 392 specifically, being front heavy and then doing an aggressive maneuver makes the vehicle unstable.
Said... It's why the Gladiator, with the same power train as the JL, has more towing capacity. The longer wheelbase really helps the stability in aggressive maneuvers. Said... The hitch is the same on JL's and it's not the limiting factor.

Later in the post a guy stated how his 2006 Unlimited 2-door with inline 4.0L engine also has a 3500lb tow rating. Scott replied... that's a different rating method used at the time. Said today it would rate closer to 2000lb.
The new 5000lb tow rating full-float Dana 44 applies only to the 3.6L and 2.0L.

Last edited:
I agree that engine cooling requirement is the most likely explanation. The increase to 5000 lbs. puts significant strain (cooling-wise) on the V8 that is already cramped into a small engine bay. On the other hand, the 4xe requires significant cooling for the battery to begin with and probably at max cooling requirement already. I hear the European JL can pull up to 5000, but is there a European 392 or 4xe that is certified to pull that much?

I hear the European JL can pull up to 5000, but is there a European 392 or 4xe that is certified to pull that much?

They've never offered 392 in Europe. 2.0 Turbo and 3.6 Pentastar were available and were able to tow 5000lbs. It looks like now they only offer 4xe and it's only rated for 3500lbs. What a joke 4xe is.

Hear you on the build quality, looks like I'm in production. Easter time, hope I don't get a Friday Jeep.
🤞Believe we are going to need it with this 20A run as they attempt to rush production through to deliver all 20A’s by the end of May (Was with my dealer yesterday who is a friend as well confirming this is Jeep’s Goal)…While they continue to hold back the pricing on the 2024 🤔

I'm probably wrong, but the fact that they are holding off on pricing could be a good thing? If they would be raising the price a ton, people would be more likely to stick with the 20A so they just would have released pricing already.

More likely though they just want to keep it unknown, have people get their 20As, and then put out a hefty price increase - win win for them I guess.

There’s likely no conspiracy here, it takes manufacturers time to source their supply chain, establish material costs, and these days also apply a crystal ball to the economy. Once the bean counters figure out all the costs, they’ll publish pricing.

Curb 5,098 Lbs.
Gross weight 6,100 Lbs.

Curb 4,449 Lbs.
Gross weight 5,800 Lbs.
392 > 3.6
Curb Difference 649 Lbs.
Here’s an update to what I posted earlier. I guess this is how the weight is affecting things

5E38ACD9-49AD-45AC-9B11-3D8398490D3A.png

I'm probably wrong, but the fact that they are holding off on pricing could be a good thing? If they would be raising the price a ton, people would be more likely to stick with the 20A so they just would have released pricing already.

More likely though they just want to keep it unknown, have people get their 20As, and then put out a hefty price increase - win win for them I guess.
Agree with the 2nd Paragraph 100% - My Long Time Friend and Jeep Dealer feels the same - Nobody is implying anything about a conspiracy theory, it’s just common sense the way they rolled out the 2024 bank without pricing, immediately after booking all of the 20A Orders ✌️

...and another thing - LOL - how in the world does r&d think about a 12 way adjustable power seat but NOT ventilation? I can probably understand, since the power components are probably contained where the ventilation would probably be susceptible to water issues. The winch also seems to be problematic with being under sized. I would think that would create liability issues for jeep with trying to pull a 392 out of a situation and problems arise with using under sized winch, since it should be warranted from factory? Don't want to be "that guy" slamming something new because I have something not new (after all it is a 392)- just throwing everything out there. But if we are wishing - wouldn't it be awesome if we could get a manual transmission with the active exhaust and a hemi?!?! Who would need a horn - ever?
Chris

...and another thing - LOL - how in the world does r&d think about a 12 way adjustable power seat but NOT ventilation? I can probably understand, since the power components are probably contained where the ventilation would probably be susceptible to water issues. The winch also seems to be problematic with being under sized. I would think that would create liability issues for jeep with trying to pull a 392 out of a situation and problems arise with using under sized winch, since it should be warranted from factory? Don't want to be "that guy" slamming something new because I have something not new (after all it is a 392)- just throwing everything out there. But if we are wishing - wouldn't it be awesome if we could get a manual transmission with the active exhaust and a hemi?!?! Who would need a horn - ever?
Chris
Had ventilated seats on my F250. Very nice feature in hot climate.

Just noticed the 22my has been removed from the Jeep build and price page, maybe we will see the update for 24my soon.🤞29648288-201A-41AC-8EE3-0371CE55F658.png

Was removed a couple days ago, Hopefully 24's show up soon.

Order just went into D status. Am surprised it’s progressed so quickly. When do you think they’ll start scheduling these this year?

I still have a 20A in D1 from 2/16/2023 - Will be very interesting if they start pushing out 2024’s before they finish up the 20A Run…Highly Doubtful but you never know with Jeep✌️

I still have a 20A in D1 from 2/16/2023 - Will be very interesting if they start pushing out 2024’s before they finish up the 20A Run…Highly Doubtful but you never know with Jeep✌️
I would expect there to be some minor tooling changes for the new models. I'd think they would have to change over some of the stations on the assembly line to switch to the 24s, unless the same tooling fixtures can do both dash styles, and seats, and whatever other small changes between the two.

Meaning I would expect them to finish the 23s before starting on the 24s.

My 20A just went to G status or "Trim" status but is still showing D1 on Jeep On Order.com. So, this tracker clearly is not updated routinily.

7% off 2024 Jeep Wrangler 392 Granger Motors Just Bolt Ons.com MARK CDJR in Lake Charles Louisiana Underground Graphics

Latest Discussions

Back