Jeep Introduces New 2024 Wrangler

Featured
jeep-wrangler-2024-press-release.jpg

The new 2024 Jeep® Wrangler, the most capable and recognized vehicle in the world, builds on its legendary history with an unmatched combination of off-road capability, authentic Jeep design, open-air freedom, advanced powertrains, superior on- and off-road dynamics and a host of innovative safety and advanced technology features.

The latest evolution of the world's most off-road capable and most iconic SUV adds greater capability, new technology and advanced safety features, all while staying true to the Wrangler formula and delivering the freedom to go anywhere and do anything.

• Wrangler Rubicon models add even more legendary 4x4 capability with an available factory-installed 8,000-lb.-capacity Warn winch, up to 100:1 crawl ratio and new Dana 44 HD full float solid rear axle that allows for tire upsizing by customers and up to 5,000-lb. maximum towing
  • New Willys model delivers more capability with larger tires, more ground clearance, high fender flares and improved traction
  • Iconic Wrangler exterior features new seven-slot grille, windshield-integrated trail-ready stealth antenna, 10 all-new wheel designs and multiple open-air freedom options, including exclusive Sky One-Touch powertop
  • Refined interior with more technology and amenities, including available 12-way power adjustable front seats, all-new instrument panel featuring Uconnect 5 system with best-in-class 12.3-inch touchscreen radio and standard wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
  • Wrangler now delivers standard first- and second-row side-curtain airbags, standard forward collision warning (Sport S and above) and standard advanced cruise control with stop (Sport S and above)
  • Two new models expand Wrangler's unrivaled portfolio:
    • Sport S 4xe brings lower entry price point to best-selling PHEV in America
    • Rubicon X elevates Rubicon nameplate with standard 35-inch tires (2.0- and 3.6-liter automatic powertrains), integrated off-road camera and steel bumpers
  • First factory application of Trails Offroad delivers comprehensive off-road trail guides for the 62 Jeep® Badge of Honor trails loaded right into the Uconnect 5 system, with an upgradable subscription that unlocks full catalog of 3,000-plus Trails Offroad trail guides
  • Jeep Wrangler 4xe continues as the best-selling PHEV in America, building on Jeep brand's goal of Zero Emission Freedom to produce the most capable and sustainable Jeep SUVs
  • New for 2024, Wrangler 4xe offers Jeep 4xe Power Box, which features four 120-volt outlets with 30 amps of total output, allowing the battery pack to power external devices
  • By the end of 2025, the entire North America Jeep brand lineup will be electrified. By 2030, 50% of Jeep brand sales in the United States will be fully electric

New for the 2024 model year, the Jeep brand is taking the Wrangler capability game to new heights with its first full-float Dana rear axle, available 100:1 crawl ratio, new factory Warn winch and increased 5,000-pound tow capability. Inside, customers get to experience more comfort and safety, with a new interior featuring available power front seats, standard 12.3-inch Uconnect 5 touchscreen radio and standard side curtain airbags in the first and second rows.

2024-jeep-infotainment.jpg

"The Jeep Wrangler is the archetypal adventure hero, embodying the spirit and the soul of the Jeep brand," said Christian Meunier, Jeep brand CEO. "Since its introduction, we have sold almost 5 million Wranglers around the world, setting new levels of 4x4 capability with each new generation. Today, we are raising the bar once again by combining the most capable Wrangler to date, with more technology, comfort and safety features. This is a no-compromise combination enhanced by the freedom to choose from four different powertrains, including our electrified 4xe, which is the best-selling PHEV in America."

Building on its legacy of freedom and adventure, the new Wrangler is a testament to its loyal enthusiast fan base.

"The new 2024 Jeep Wrangler is an illustration of how powerful the Jeep community is and how they keep driving improvements based on their expectations of greater capability, advanced technology and more refinement," said Jim Morrison, senior vice president and head of Jeep brand North America. "With the plug-in 4xe playing a lead role in the lineup, the new Wrangler takes the best and makes it better, with even more legendary 4x4 capability, thanks to our first full-float Dana rear axle that makes it possible for Wrangler owners to easily upsize tires; a more advanced and comfortable interior with a standard 12.3-inch touchscreen and available power seats tested for water fording; more safety and technology, including standard side-curtain airbags; and a stylish, fresh take on the iconic seven-slot grille that keeps the overall design true to the original."

The 2024 Jeep Wrangler will be available in Sport, Willys, Sahara, High Altitude, Rubicon and Rubicon 392 models. Ordering is open now and vehicles will start to arrive in U.S. Jeep dealerships later in 2023. The 2024 Jeep Wrangler will also be available in markets around the world.

Last edited:
Some nice updates in the refresh, but that new grill is atrocious in my opinion. The slots are far too short compared to the the 2018-2023 JL appearance. Almost has a Renegade look to it. Perhaps its just the camera angle in this picture, but the change makes the bumper and plastic skid plate look like a bruised bottom lip, accounting for over 50% of the front surface area.

The increased tow rating is a welcomed improvement, along with the wireless Android Auto & CarPlay. The rest are fairly minor IMO, but everyone will have their own take.
I'll be interested to see where pricing falls with all of these changes. The way the car market is, it seems manufactures feel the sky is the limit on pricing.

2024-jeep-wrangler_100880668_h-jpg.19811

5fc7ca3369af6c68c62f7d4abfa7dcfb.jpg

Attachments

• 2024-jeep-wrangler_100880668_h.jpg
    2024-jeep-wrangler_100880668_h.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 1,883
Profit, pure profit.

Profit, pure profit.
The 20A Rubicon shall henceforth be referred to as "The Sticker Edition".....only real difference is sticker shock, fancy stickers and sticking it to the loyal customers who ordered what they thought would be special!. Way to go Stellantis.

If I’m reading this right, it looks like the Dana44 and increased tow rating is ONLY for the 2.0 and 3.6 engines….not the 392.😭

……
Wrangler customers are always pushing the capability envelope, routinely upsizing to bigger tires and installing heavy-duty full-float rear axles to handle the larger rubber. Now, Wrangler customers can get full-float axles, typically found on heavy-duty commercial trucks, straight from the factory. Wrangler Rubicon’s first full-float rear axle design consists of a wheel hub assembly that is separate from the axle shaft, with a spindle bolted to the axle tube that supports the wheel hub via a pair of wheel bearings.

By using a full-float axle design, the weight of the vehicle is transferred to the axle tube rather than the axle shaft itself. Thus, the axle shaft is subjected only to torsional loads, with its sole function being to transmit power to the wheel hub. This stronger, more robust full-float construction enables a maximum towing capacity of 5,000 pounds on Rubicon 2.0-liter and 3.6-liter automatic models.

Legendary capability for Wrangler Rubicon comes from a full list of off-road features, including:
  • First Dana 44 HD full-float solid rear axle
  • Rock-Trac part-time transfer case with 4:1 4LO ratio
  • Electronic front sway-bar disconnect
  • Tru-Lok front- and rear-axle lockers
  • 17-inch aluminum wheels with 33-inch BFGoodrich all-terrain tires
The new Rubicon X, a more premium take on the Rubicon, adds:
  • Rock-Trac full-time transfer case
  • Integrated off-road camera
  • Steel bumpers
  • Xtreme 35 Package with beadlock-capable wheels and 35-inch BFGoodrich all-terrain tires (2.0-liter and 3.6-liter automatic powertrains)
The 470-horsepower Wrangler Rubicon 392 returns for 2024 with standard Xtreme 35 Package, 4.56 axle ratio and Selec-Trac full-time transfer case with 4LO ratio of 2.72:1.
…..

That red interior.. AWFUL. Am I understanding this correctly, the 392 gets RED and only RED as an interior color option?

Yeah, not a fan of the new grill, the vertical slats are all open. It just looks weird and almost like they were trying to add bling to the Jeep. Its not really a 7 slot grill anymore, it’s more like a gaping hole with trim. That odd dead space under the headlights leaves me with more questions. Over designed and lost heritage .
11D04566-6590-447F-B3D5-06BC27A36331.png
DEBBBDFB-4D79-4D6F-95D5-30909B11E1D1.png
Definitely not envious of the 24my.

If I’m reading this right, it looks like the Dana44 and increased tow rating is ONLY for the 2.0 and 3.6 engines….not the 392.😭

……
Wrangler customers are always pushing the capability envelope, routinely upsizing to bigger tires and installing heavy-duty full-float rear axles to handle the larger rubber. Now, Wrangler customers can get full-float axles, typically found on heavy-duty commercial trucks, straight from the factory. Wrangler Rubicon’s first full-float rear axle design consists of a wheel hub assembly that is separate from the axle shaft, with a spindle bolted to the axle tube that supports the wheel hub via a pair of wheel bearings.

By using a full-float axle design, the weight of the vehicle is transferred to the axle tube rather than the axle shaft itself. Thus, the axle shaft is subjected only to torsional loads, with its sole function being to transmit power to the wheel hub. This stronger, more robust full-float construction enables a maximum towing capacity of 5,000 pounds on Rubicon 2.0-liter and 3.6-liter automatic models.

Legendary capability for Wrangler Rubicon comes from a full list of off-road features, including:
  • First Dana 44 HD full-float solid rear axle
  • Rock-Trac part-time transfer case with 4:1 4LO ratio
  • Electronic front sway-bar disconnect
  • Tru-Lok front- and rear-axle lockers
  • 17-inch aluminum wheels with 33-inch BFGoodrich all-terrain tires
The new Rubicon X, a more premium take on the Rubicon, adds:
  • Rock-Trac full-time transfer case
  • Integrated off-road camera
  • Steel bumpers
  • Xtreme 35 Package with beadlock-capable wheels and 35-inch BFGoodrich all-terrain tires (2.0-liter and 3.6-liter automatic powertrains)
The 470-horsepower Wrangler Rubicon 392 returns for 2024 with standard Xtreme 35 Package, 4.56 axle ratio and Selec-Trac full-time transfer case with 4LO ratio of 2.72:1.
…..

Well it definately doesn't mention 392 for increased tow capacity. Hmm..

Minor updates for 392 owners, don't see much of a reason to "upgrade."

Minor updates for 392 owners, don't see much of a reason to "upgrade."
Agree. There are some cool things, but it sounded way more exciting when it was first leaked.

I thought there would be an all digital dash. The pic below (from the fb group post) looks analog. A little annoyed at that.

FBAA9A28-AA69-431B-B2A5-3C9CA55171F5.jpeg

Honestly, this is the coolest thing to me:

• New for 2024, Wrangler 4xe offers Jeep 4xe Power Box, which features four 120-volt outlets with 30 amps of total output, allowing the battery pack to power external devices

That doesn’t even apply to us 392ers.

I agree that earl/red combo looks good.

Is that hideous red interior mandatory or is a normal black interior a no cost option? Been kicking around a new order just to get the power seats and UC5 center stack but I still don't want 4.56 gears and if it's red only I'm 100% out.

Is that hideous red interior mandatory or is a normal black interior a no cost option? Been kicking around a new order just to get the power seats and UC5 center stack but I still don't want 4.56 gears and if it's red only I'm 100% out.
I would agree, total red only seats in the 392 doesn't make sense. Not very appealing unless you really like red interiors. Maybe later in the model year when they open ordering up for more paint colors.

You could get black seat covers, but you’d lose the custom 392 seat stitching obviously.

Even the 20A seats have some black in them. Those all red seats are just nah for a lot of exterior colors.

You could get black seat covers, but you’d lose the custom 392 seat stitching obviously.

Even the 20A seats have some black in them. Those all red seats are just nah.
I'm still waiting for my 20th. If I can't live with the red when I see it in person, I'm springing for new leather seat covers.

Same. I might consider Katzkins and get the ventilated ones/cooled ones.

Same. I might consider Katzkins and get the ventilated ones/cooled ones.
I wanted to do that with my 2021 and Katzkin said they can’t do it. I have heard of at least a couple folks that have gotten a local installer to do it, but Katzkin won’t warranty it. Something to do with the airbag placement. Unless that changes with the new power seats, but it will be a while before Katzkin confirms that.

I like the red/black in the 20A but this all red I hope it's not like that.....

Back