ECU Bracket replacement

Sorry Ron we hijacked your main topic here!!

Reactions: Ron
Did yours go back to normal once you removed? It doesn't make sense that it would if something isn't loose. Let me go get a picture of mine.View attachment 34590View attachment 34591
My alignment looks just like yours with the struts installed. The benefit definitely outweighs the slight aesthetic appearance for me anyway. And yes sorry for hijacking the thread. ✌🏻

Reactions: Ron
Speaking of. I read a thread where someone put these struts on their 392 and it pushed his hood forward. I called BS but my hood is pretty far forward now and the spring under the front of the hood even catches on the trim. I would say that the hood sticks out 1/4 of an inch more than the rest of the front. Maybe I just didn't noticed this before?
My spring twangs every time I open the hood even if I bend a bit to the rear of the Jeep. I don’t remember if it did this b4 I installed the hood struts. I don’t see how it’s possible the hood could move forward. Someone who remembers chime in please.

My spring twangs every time I open the hood even if I bend a bit to the rear of the Jeep. I don’t remember if it did this b4 I installed the hood struts. I don’t see how it’s possible the hood could move forward. Someone who remembers chime in please.
Both my 2021 392 and my 20a do that with the emergency catch... both before installing the Redline struts. FWIW.

FYI Reply from redline:

“….As far as the alignment of the hood, it can be the “slop” or tolerance buildup in the hinge assembly. Due to the extreme weight of the 392 hood we use a stronger gas spring than the standard Jeep. When the hood is closed the gas springs sit horizontally and can put a forward force on the hood. If there is excess tolerance in the hinge assembly it can push the hood forward. We have not seen this in any other 392 application, but it may be what is causing your alignment issue.

Yes it did go back to normal and perfectly aligned on all four corners.
I had exactly similar to your photos.
Just crossed my mind, that on 392 hoods one should be even more carful with alignment as hydro guide needs to be aligned with intake duct for proper seal and fit.
Well crap. If I have to remove them, I want my money back.

lol. It just bugs me that I went too far

If you cut/removed a little too much material from the steel factory ECU bracket.... simply mix some two part epoxy like JB Weld to fill-in and strengthen.
Ask how I know...lol.

I seen a pic from someone else on this forum, so I did the same thing.
1714194571052.jpeg

That’s what I did. I just feel like I went a little too ham and may have grounded a little bit too thin. I can take a picture later, but I think there’s maybe less than a quarter of inch of material at the thinnest point.

Probably not worth worrying about and it’ll probably never go anywhere, but I’m a little bit weird with trying to make things perfect.
I thought mine was a little thin as well so I did this to give it some extra strength
IMG_3427.jpeg
IMG_3428.jpeg
IMG_3429.jpeg

That’s pretty much what mine looks like. I’m gonna assume that that bracket isn’t anything you could tell me where you found it or did you make it?
Made a cardboard template then had some 1/16 inch sheet metal laying around bent it up drilled holes ground the corners painted it. Done

Back