Borla's 392 Exhaust

Im somewhat concerned that ATAK may be too loud after reading some posts on other vehicles but. You can always add a resonator to take the edge off. I don’t mind if the loud setting is crazy loud but hope the quiet setting is at least comfortably quie Atak has pretty much been broken in on my
Im somewhat concerned that ATAK may be too loud after reading some posts on other vehicles but. You can always add a resonator to take the edge off. I don’t mind if the loud setting is crazy loud but hope the quiet setting is at least comfortably quiet
My Jeep is my daily, and I travel for work. So, my Atak system has pretty much settled in now. “Loud” is subjective, but I believe the sound is just right.

However, If you go WOT it does sound a little “tuner”- “can-y” from the inside to me. I thought that would go away, but it’s still there.

Although, I haven’t actually listened to normal acceleration or WOT from the outside. Maybe I can get my husband to floor it while I stand in the driveway lol.

Im somewhat concerned that ATAK may be too loud after reading some posts on other vehicles but. You can always add a resonator to take the edge off. I don’t mind if the loud setting is crazy loud but hope the quiet setting is at least comfortably quiet
I have a hearing deficit.
although, I admit, in my GC SRT, with the windows down, full throttle 5-6k RPM, actually hurt my ears.
I also had some other work and pushing about 625HP through those pipes.

Just ordered mine.
picked it up for $2600
ATAK in Black.

I was along similar thinking on the color. Then, decided against the polished. My GC SRT had the polished. I did the ceramic coating myself, and it lasted the duration of 5 years, but was starting to chip around the edges.
Borla warranties the polished/chrome for 1 million miles. They only warranty the black coating for 1 year. You tell me which will hold up better.

Borla warranties the polished/chrome for 1 million miles. They only warranty the black coating for 1 year. You tell me which will hold up better.
Yeah… I’m not concerned.
The polished is guaranteed longer simply because it’s the raw stainless polished and not an applied coating.
If it gives way, I’ll remove it and reapply a new ceramic coating, in flat black.

Cancelled my AFE order. Looking forward to hearing yours once installed

Had my s-type installed yesterday....sounds so damn good!!

Ordered my ATAK last thursday for $2505 from goturbo.net. No tax free shipping.

Got here today. They ship it signature required, but I left my delivery guy a note and he left it for me.

Got it installed tonight after work.
If you are DIY, get

Lisle 38350 Exhaust Hanger Removal Pliers. $20 on Amazon.​

They make the task much easier. Everything went smoothly although I almost messed up the threads on the vacuum actuators by removing them with a dewalt 1/4" impact driver. I use that thing all the time and I've never messed up a thread removing a bolt, but had a close call on this one and almost had to get creative to get the nut back on, but was able to mess with it and get it going.

Just follow the instructions, but get that exhaust hanger tool. Clearance is pretty darn tight to the tow hook in the back, but it clears and does not rattle.

It sounds AWESOME. Like a race car sitting there idling in loud mode. Quiet mode is quiet. Little bit of v8 sound and sounds lot better than stock quiet mode, but not intrusive at all. No drone at all.

Much deeper throatier sound than stock in loud mode and ridiculously loud when standing on it. I thought my wife was going to chew me out and say "Too loud!" when I was standing on it, but I looked over at her and she was laughing uncontrollably :). She's a keeper ;).

Glad I went with the ATAK. I think they pretty well nailed it with this for me. I think if we are cruising in hilly country with whole family in car, we will need to be in quiet mode whereas before loud mode was OK most of the time even with everyone talking in car.

I pretty much never ran in quiet mode before. Now I think I will run in quiet mode sometimes because in loud it is just EPIC. I love it.

Build quality and fitment were top notch and install was easier than I thought it would be. No regrets here. The pops on decel in offroad + are louder and deeper. I don't think the ATAK is raspy at all which was part of my concerns. It is just right for my inner high school boy.

Got here today. They ship it signature required, but I left my delivery guy a note and he left it for me.

If you are DIY, get

They make the task much easier. Everything went smoothly although I almost messed up the threads on the vacuum actuators by removing them with a dewalt 1/4" impact driver. I use that thing all the time and I've never messed up a thread removing a bolt, but had a close call on this one and almost had to get creative to get the nut back on, but was able to mess with it and get it going.

Just follow the instructions, but get that exhaust hanger tool. Clearance is pretty darn tight to the tow hook in the back, but it clears and does not rattle.

It sounds AWESOME. Like a race car sitting there idling in loud mode. Quiet mode is quiet. Little bit of v8 sound and sounds lot better than stock quiet mode, but not intrusive at all. No drone at all.

Much deeper throatier sound than stock in loud mode and ridiculously loud when standing on it. I thought my wife was going to chew me out and say "Too loud!" when I was standing on it, but I looked over at her and she was laughing uncontrollably :). She's a keeper ;).

Glad I went with the ATAK. I think they pretty well nailed it with this for me. I think if we are cruising in hilly country with whole family in car, we will need to be in quiet mode whereas before loud mode was OK most of the time even with everyone talking in car.

I pretty much never ran in quiet mode before. Now I think I will run in quiet mode sometimes because in loud it is just EPIC. I love it.

Build quality and fitment were top notch and install was easier than I thought it would be. No regrets here. The pops on decel in offroad + are louder and deeper. I don't think the ATAK is raspy at all which was part of my concerns. It is just right for my inner high school boy.
Very useful write up man! I could feel your joy from your words.

If you are DIY, get

Sound clips👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Has anyone installed the borla exhaust with an AEV Bumper?

Unbelievable. Ordered from goturbo yesterday evening and it arrived today. Will see about getting it installed this week

Unbelievable. Ordered from goturbo yesterday evening and it arrived today. Will see about getting it installed this week
Polished or black?

Has anyone seen a black Atak in stock anywhere?

I have had the S-Type now for several weeks. If anyone wants sound bites just PM me your cell and I’ll send through text. Probably the easiest way

Is this the best price anyone has found on these? Seems good, but I was thinking there was a forum vendor who might have been a little lower.

Sound clips👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
I took a video with the phone. IMO, the clips just don't transmit that much useful information. After watching a bunch of clips and listening to it in person.......

There is a much bigger difference between stock and ATAK than there is on the clips.

Loud mode

Cold start is absolutely EPIC. It is louder and deeper than stock. It is the dominant sound inside the vehicle. Settles down quite a bit after warming up. It is comfortable while cruising, but gets significantly loud with moderate acceleration and going up moderately steep hills. Sounds aggressive in a strong way. Not like a ricer at all to me. It is very loud under full throttle. Louder than I need it to be, but not loud enough to make me want to add a resonator to quieten it down. Significantly louder than stock at all times, but under very light load, like cruising on flat road doing 60 or 70, wind and road noise are dominant sounds and the exhaust is background. 4cyl sounds different than stock. The drone sound is much diminished but the transition between 4cyl to 8cyl is more noticeable. I never have liked the 4cyl sounds that much. Still don't like them.

Quiet mode

Much quieter than loud mode. It is louder than stock quiet mode which was too quiet for me. Almost made engine silent. With ATAK it is still quiet, but you can tell you have a V8 under the hood. Maybe on about same sound level as a Grand Wagoneer or a stock, well muffled V8 pickup truck. Not intrusive at all. Engine sound is background to the road and wind noise almost all the time. 4cyl sounds very muted. It is a viable option now and I do hit the quiet button some. Only thing I don't like is when you hit the gas, it goes from quiet to like a nuclear bomb went off. Acceleration hits and then very shortly thereafter it is loud as HE11. Going from quiet to riot is enough to unsettle passengers. Would not be cool if you had kids or wife trying to sleep...

The ATAK in loud mode is like thermonuclear war. No conventional weapons, no tactical nukes, just full release and it would be too much for me if I couldn't turn it off at times, but I love it. It is loud, crazy, ridiculous and a ton of fun, like the 392 is meant to be.

Last edited:
I took a video with the phone. IMO, the clips just don't transmit that much useful information. After watching a bunch of clips and listening to it in person.......

There is a much bigger difference between stock and ATAK than there is on the clips.

Loud mode

Cold start is absolutely EPIC. It is louder and deeper than stock. It is the dominant sound inside the vehicle. Settles down quite a bit after warming up. It is comfortable while cruising, but gets significantly loud with moderate acceleration and going up moderately steep hills. Sounds aggressive in a strong way. Not like a ricer at all to me. It is very loud under full throttle. Louder than I need it to be, but not loud enough to make me want to add a resonator to quieten it down. Significantly louder than stock at all times, but under very light load, like cruising on flat road doing 60 or 70, wind and road noise are dominant sounds and the exhaust is background. 4cyl sounds different than stock. The drone sound is much diminished but the transition between 4cyl to 8cyl is more noticeable. I never have liked the 4cyl sounds that much. Still don't like them.

Quiet mode

Much quieter than loud mode. It is louder than stock quiet mode which was too quiet for me. Almost made engine silent. With ATAK it is still quiet, but you can tell you have a V8 under the hood. Maybe on about same sound level as a Grand Wagoneer or a stock, well muffled V8 pickup truck. Not intrusive at all. Engine sound is background to the road and wind noise almost all the time. 4cyl sounds very muted. It is a viable option now and I do hit the quiet button some. Only thing I don't like is when you hit the gas, it goes from quiet to like a nuclear bomb went off. Acceleration hits and then very shortly thereafter it is loud as HE11. Going from quiet to riot is enough to unsettle passengers. Would not be cool if you had kids or wife trying to sleep...

The ATAK in loud mode is like thermonuclear war. No conventional weapons, no tactical nukes, just full release and it would be too much for me if I couldn't turn it off at times, but I love it. It is loud, crazy, ridiculous and a ton of fun, like the 392 is meant to be.

Thanks for the write up!

One of my favorite things about the stock exhaust is deceleration in off-road+.

Down in 2nd or 3rd gear, coasting up to a light around 20mph, I just love the rumbles and gurgles it produces.

Im curious if you have any feedback on what that’s like with the Atak? It seems to be the one thing people skip over in their videos and descriptions. 🙂

Thanks for the write up!

One of my favorite things about the stock exhaust is deceleration in off-road+.

Down in 2nd or 3rd gear, coasting up to a light around 20mph, I just love the rumbles and gurgles it produces.

Im curious if you have any feedback on what that’s like with the Atak? It seems to be the one thing people skip over in their videos and descriptions. 🙂
Right there with you.

Back