2021,22,23 Vs 2024 Interior Noise

It’s a download link (at least it was on my iPhone)

2024 Jeep Wrangler Specifications -

Thanks. While that document contains no specific statement of authorship, it is nonetheless convincingly thorough and comprehensive with its content and the presentation is professional. But who owns it, I asked myself.

The URL domain is a storage site. I traced it back to a Stellantis media page that I had no idea existed:

A URL worth bookmarking.

Click on "Brands and Products" and select Jeep > Wrangler from the drop down menu. Then scroll down, on the right side are a series of Press Kits for Jeeps going back to 2009 and, below that, are Product Specifications going back to 2010 and where this 2024 PDF is listed.

This vets the PDF for me as manufacturer documentation evidencing the 5000 towing capacity. Looks like it's 5000 for the MY2024 Wrangler but only if it's a Rubicon with 4-doors, automatic transmission, and 4.10 axle ratio. Implied here is the presence of the rear full floating axle as a requirement, referenced on page 5 of the PDF and verbalized by Stellantis Reps in two YT videos that I have seen as the reason for the 5000. Page 2 of the PDF parenthetically lists the criteria for the 5000 but misleadingly omits the 4.10 axle requirement seen on page 12.

Thank you, @ameldorf. I'm new to this and never new about that Stellantis Media URL.

Last edited:
  • The 12,3" touch screen's is cool, but the cameras and other software is still designed to fit the UConnect 8.4 inch screen so even in the extra wide screen the image you get is still the 8.4" view with a filler area added to the left side, kinda a missed opportunity by Jeep to not take advantage of all the area on that new display. Also you loose the round vent that blow hot air right on your hand on a cold winter's morning :)
  • Unfortunately the 2024 392 doesn't have Dana M220 full float axels so the tow rating is not 5,000 lbs, its 3,500 lbs.
  • The AMP's dash mount.... mehhh. I have the 67 design rail which has more flexibility and options and is very well Made in Texas.
  • The Warn winch from the factory is nice but you could add a winch yourself and go with the better built and more appropriately sized Warn Zeon Platinum 10s or 12s.
  • Power driver seat are also nice, but correct me if I am wrong there is no memory function on the 2024? If that is the case defiantly a missed opportunity to add a very useful feature for 2 different drivers. Also I'm not sure my twin ARB compressor will fit under the pax seat now, which kinda a bummer. Also my EPIC Kraken Air-Inflation System won't work with the new seats. I think I would take the old manual seat. If it had seat driver position memory then that would be a no brainer. I also don't care for the red leather seat. I like redheads and red Jeeps, but not red leather seats.... weird?!?
  • The side curtain airbags are a huge improvement. Side impact improvements.... hmmm.... I don't know about that one... I'll let them crash it at IIHS first and then see if it makes any real difference.
  • NVH: Filling the windshield with great stuff spray foam is a great idea. Most of the wind noise is coming from there so every bit helps. Now laminate side windows I am not a fan of, if you end up in the water while off-roading then your not going to be a fan of them either. You can't brake laminate side windows so there is a good chance your going to drown. Now that it's a very slim possibility that you'll submerge your Jeep, but I keep a vehicle escape tool in my glove box for that possibility. The carpet is an interesting way to dampen the sound. 2-5db is a huge improvement, decibels are logarithmic so 2-5 dB is defiantly noticeable. I'll have to test drive a 2024 to hear it for myself. Good on them, and the new 7 mic array sounds like a big improvement over the two mic array in my 392. I think the NVH has defiantly improved.
  • The new grill looks cool. I liked it so much I ordered one painted to match my red '22 Jeep. I think it's more of a branding thing than a airflow thing, but either way it looks cool IMHO.
  • Antenna in the windshield is dumb. Jeep windshields break a lot, it's basically a glass flyswatter cruising down the freeway. A replacement 2024 392 OEM windshield is $2270. A replacement 2022 392 OEM windshield is $810. I'll keep the little antenna on the side.
I defiantly think a 2024 392 is a big improvement from a 2018 JL and it's a hell of a Jeep. The sound proofing on the 2024 sounds like it is a definite improvement. The airbags is an excellent addition. The grill looks cool, so I am jealous and adding one to my 2022. The other stuff is a mixed bag, some I like, some I think is dumb like the red seats and the windshield antenna. In the end its a JL with a BGE (Big Gas Engine) under the hood, and its fun, enjoy.
The 24 392 DOES have the DANA M220 Wide Full–Floating Rear Axle the weight of the vehicle and the XR package keep it from having the 5K lb towing.
You are correct the seats DO NOT have memory and yes would be great if they did. They are comfortable and people comment my 24 does not ride bad at all for being a Jeep!

• The 12,3" touch screen's is cool, but the cameras and other software is still designed to fit the UConnect 8.4 inch screen so even in the extra wide screen the image you get is still the 8.4" view with a filler area added to the left side, kinda a missed opportunity by Jeep to not take advantage of all the area on that new display. Also you loose the round vent that blow hot air right on your hand on a cold winter's morning :)
  • Unfortunately the 2024 392 doesn't have Dana M220 full float axels so the tow rating is not 5,000 lbs, its 3,500 lbs.
  • The AMP's dash mount.... mehhh. I have the 67 design rail which has more flexibility and options and is very well Made in Texas.
  • The Warn winch from the factory is nice but you could add a winch yourself and go with the better built and more appropriately sized Warn Zeon Platinum 10s or 12s.
  • Power driver seat are also nice, but correct me if I am wrong there is no memory function on the 2024? If that is the case defiantly a missed opportunity to add a very useful feature for 2 different drivers. Also I'm not sure my twin ARB compressor will fit under the pax seat now, which kinda a bummer. Also my EPIC Kraken Air-Inflation System won't work with the new seats. I think I would take the old manual seat. If it had seat driver position memory then that would be a no brainer. I also don't care for the red leather seat. I like redheads and red Jeeps, but not red leather seats.... weird?!?
  • The side curtain airbags are a huge improvement. Side impact improvements.... hmmm.... I don't know about that one... I'll let them crash it at IIHS first and then see if it makes any real difference.
  • NVH: Filling the windshield with great stuff spray foam is a great idea. Most of the wind noise is coming from there so every bit helps. Now laminate side windows I am not a fan of, if you end up in the water while off-roading then your not going to be a fan of them either. You can't brake laminate side windows so there is a good chance your going to drown. Now that it's a very slim possibility that you'll submerge your Jeep, but I keep a vehicle escape tool in my glove box for that possibility. The carpet is an interesting way to dampen the sound. 2-5db is a huge improvement, decibels are logarithmic so 2-5 dB is defiantly noticeable. I'll have to test drive a 2024 to hear it for myself. Good on them, and the new 7 mic array sounds like a big improvement over the two mic array in my 392. I think the NVH has defiantly improved.
  • The new grill looks cool. I liked it so much I ordered one painted to match my red '22 Jeep. I think it's more of a branding thing than a airflow thing, but either way it looks cool IMHO.
  • Antenna in the windshield is dumb. Jeep windshields break a lot, it's basically a glass flyswatter cruising down the freeway. A replacement 2024 392 OEM windshield is $2270. A replacement 2022 392 OEM windshield is $810. I'll keep the little antenna on the side.
I defiantly think a 2024 392 is a big improvement from a 2018 JL and it's a hell of a Jeep. The sound proofing on the 2024 sounds like it is a definite improvement. The airbags is an excellent addition. The grill looks cool, so I am jealous and adding one to my 2022. The other stuff is a mixed bag, some I like, some I think is dumb like the red seats and the windshield antenna. In the end its a JL with a BGE (Big Gas Engine) under the hood, and its fun, enjoy.
Epic is working on a solution for the 24 seats to work with there system.

Back