2021 392 99 mph speed limit.

ValB

Reaction score
Current Rides
2021 392 Jeep Rubicon
Has anybody seen a way around the 99 mph speed limit yet?

That limit is there for a reason. And it is not arbitrary. Not for your safety since most these days don’t care about others. There are things on your Jeep that are speed rate limited to 99, like your tires….

That limit is there for a reason. And it is not arbitrary. Not for your safety since most these days don’t care about others. There are things on your Jeep that are speed rate limited to 99, like your tires….
Yes sir mine are "T" Rated...https://www.firestonetire.com/tire/destination-at2/P285-70R17/#section-tech-specs

Set your tire size to be 28” and you will be going a lot faster than your Speedo thinks. This is something not to do a lot as you zf8hp75 will not like it.
Let me think this out, I actually think you have to set it to a larger size to be going faster than the speedo thinks. But yes, that is a way.

Let me think this out, I actually think you have to set it to a larger size to be going faster than the speedo thinks. But yes, that is a way.
Not to correct you, but remember switching to bigger tires? Your speedo reads low. Smaller tire setting with bigger tires installed equals lowers speedo reading.

Not to correct you, but remember switching to bigger tires? Your speedo reads low. Smaller tire setting with bigger tires installed equals lowers speedo reading.
Correct, I was thinking backwards. Sorry.

Use a taser to change your tire size to 50”! Will still stop at 99 but you would be going a lot faster! Haha

Last edited:
B3575A07-67F7-4DB3-A01E-9D464E1A6945.jpeg

Problem solved, it will handle a lot better as well.

As much as I love high speed driving, NO WAY would I want to get into triple digits with a Wrangler.

I’ll stick with my Lamborghini Diablo Roadster or Ford GT for that purpose, they are both engineered and rated for 200+ mph driving.

As much as I love high speed driving, NO WAY would I want to get into triple digits with a Wrangler.

I’ll stick with my Lamborghini Diablo Roadster or Ford GT for that purpose, they are both engineered and rated for 200+ mph driving.
^^ How to say you have a lot of money without saying you have a lot of money! Haha

Young Texas State Trooper clocked me at 92 mph in my 2018 Sahara, he was very nice young man, he said you were doing ok at 82 mph, then you passed a car and you increased your speed to 92 mph....

I told him, sir had no reason to be going that fast, not even in a hurry...it is time to pay the piper, haven't had a ticket in years...he looked at me funny and said thats about as honest as you can get, please slow down and drive safe...

I shook his hand and told him "We need more fine young men like you as troopers"...I respect what you men do out here...I slowed my a$$ down the rest of the trip...he was a FINE young man with an excellent attitude...

PS: I have driven my 2018 Jeep Sahara for "several miles" at 120 mph...with no issues at all, actually there were two or three of us running together...one was a Dodge Charger R/T it sounded awesome...don't know what he had in it, but when I slowed to get off the interstate, he left me like he was shot out of a cannon... :LOL: 😲

^^ How to say you have a lot of money without saying you have a lot of money! Haha
Nope, what I do have is the ability to set a goal, make a plan to meet the goal, and keep working at the plan until the goal is reached.

Took my 9 years to save up to buy the Diablo and 6 years to buy the FGT. For a middle class Engineer that meant hundreds of hours in overtime each year, and taking in side work.

So if you consider 15 years of sweat equity a humble brag, go right ahead, I’m proud that I met these goals without spending a dime of my regular paycheck.

Nope, what I do have is the ability to set a goal, make a plan to meet the goal, and keep working at the plan until the goal is reached.

Took my 9 years to save up to buy the Diablo and 6 years to buy the FGT. For a middle class Engineer that meant hundreds of hours in overtime each year, and taking in side work.

So if you consider 15 years of sweat equity a humble brag, go right ahead, I’m proud that I met these goals without spending a dime of my regular paycheck.
Respect 👍🏾

7% off 2024 Jeep Wrangler 392 Granger Motors Just Bolt Ons.com MARK CDJR in Lake Charles Louisiana Underground Graphics

Latest Discussions

Back