Which Exhaust System?

For those that have done MF street, Borla, or AWE. Is the $2800+ price tag warranted for the clearance and sound? I don’t like how low the stock exhaust hangs, but rally love being able to turn quiet mode on when in my neighborhood.

I’m torn between a skid plate. Next Venture is top of my list since it also protects the tips, but that’s a $1,000 part. So doing ‘Jeep math’ I could do a skid plate, or for $1800 more I could get AWE, have it tucked up and get a slightly nicer sound.

YES!

Clearance, sound, and aesthetics! The stock exhaust is an eyesore. I much prefer the look/sound/fit of the AWE.

20230323_143117.jpg

AWE all day!! 🙌🏼 I had their exhaust on my 2019 Grand Sport and, fortunately, they dropped their exhaust for the 392 just days after purchasing mine. I didn't even consider any others. Great product, excellent people to work with, added ground clearance, +9 horsepower (🤣🤷🏽‍♀️) and the sound.....well, it's amazing! So many great pops and growls in offroad+! And when you put your foot into it, so good! I definitely have more frequent stops at the gas station after installing it. Haha

For those that have done MF street, Borla, or AWE. Is the $2800+ price tag warranted for the clearance and sound? I don’t like how low the stock exhaust hangs, but rally love being able to turn quiet mode on when in my neighborhood.

I’m torn between a skid plate. Next Venture is top of my list since it also protects the tips, but that’s a $1,000 part. So doing ‘Jeep math’ I could do a skid plate, or for $1800 more I could get AWE, have it tucked up and get a slightly nicer sound.
I'm honestly not worried about a skid. With the added clearance and their built in bash guards, I've had no issues. It returned home from Moab unscathed!

View attachment 31991
AWE all day!! 🙌🏼 I had their exhaust on my 2019 Grand Sport and, fortunately, they dropped their exhaust for the 392 just days after purchasing mine. I didn't even consider any others. Great product, excellent people to work with, added ground clearance, +9 horsepower (🤣🤷🏽‍♀️) and the sound.....well, it's amazing! So many great pops and growls in offroad+! And when you put your foot into it, so good! I definitely have more frequent stops at the gas station after installing it. Haha
There's that dang Gas Station issue again... this has to be at least a TSB by now. Mine stops at every gas station too.

For me, the sound was #1 and added benefit was increased ground clearance. MF Street also seriously help with drone. For serious off-roading I'd also add a rear muffler skid. Muffler tips can be removed for off-road wheeling trip, but you still risk damage to an expensive muffler. Really depends on type of wheeling you do.
Another option is MF rock crawler exhaust that eliminates rear muffler. Would sound like Street system in Performance mode. I rarely run in Quite mode.

Last edited:
Well, now I just need a vendor to do a sale, haha. Maybe I’ll luck out around Easter Jeep Safari time.

I didn’t see a ship date, just confirmation of the order. I was expecting them to be in stock, or be made aware at time of order that it was not in stock.
I received a message, you need to create an account. It basically just said they have the order, no ETA. I am in no hurry as have too many other projects I am working on currently with the 392. Just as long as it gets delivered by May.

Anyone here compared the sound of the AWE Switchpath to a resonator delete in person? (regular resonator delete, not the MRT pipe)

I love the tone of the AWE, but I've got a regular resonator delete right now and don't want the AWE to be quieter than what I have now. Videos are cool, but too hard to tell volume differences.

I received a message, you need to create an account. It basically just said they have the order, no ETA. I am in no hurry as have too many other projects I am working on currently with the 392. Just as long as it gets delivered by May.
I think we ordered ours at about the same time, but I do have an account and got an updated expected arrival of March 15. I reached out to see if that was the one they were expecting yet, or if that's when I should receive it. I'm pretty sure Magnaflow ships it to them, and they ship it to us and that I will see it sometime after the 15th.

I am REALLY looking forward to mine. I picked up a new creeper from Griot's so I will be comfy doing the install :D

I just started looking into exhausts and I’m leaning towards the magnaflow street. For those that went magnaflow, besides making the exhaust deeper, does it make the pops and crackles louder also?

Also are the tips on any of the systems removable? I’d hate to flatten one on a rock if they aren’t removable

I just started looking into exhausts and I’m leaning towards the magnaflow street. For those that went magnaflow, besides making the exhaust deeper, does it make the pops and crackles louder also?

Also are the tips on any of the systems removable? I’d hate to flatten one on a rock if they aren’t removable
Artec does make a skid protection system for the for the Magnaflow if that would interest you.

I'll be pulling my muffler skid and running the Magna Flow rock crawler exhaust. If anyone needs a muffler skid....ping me! Cheers

Anyone know if the 2024 exhaust is any different? I have Borla from my 21 and may be getting a 24

Any of these exhausts support quiet mode and allow for an expansion fuel tank? Bonus points if tips are more tucked in than stock...

Any of these exhausts support quiet mode and allow for an expansion fuel tank? Bonus points if tips are more tucked in than stock...
Borla, AWE and magnaflow catbacks have the same vacuum actuated exhaust switch as the factory…. As far as supporting an expansion fuel tank probably not without modification.

It's not the muffler that is in the way of an extra fuel tank.... well some fuel tanks....

Aux tanks like the Long Ranger one install much like the factory tank, but on the drivers side, taking up the space between the driveline and the frame rail, which is right where the exhaust runs. With other engines there is a single (possibly smaller diameter) exhaust pipe in that area. With our 392, there are two (possible larger diameter) exhaust pipes running parallel to each other in that same space.

It's this pair of exhaust pipes that prevent the aux tank from being installed in our 392s.

The other style of aux tank is a rear tank, like used to be in the TJs. IT installs in the space beneath the cargo area, which is occupied by the 392s huge muffler and cutout system. All of that would have to be cut out, along with the cargo cubby to put a tank there.

So the only real option I see, if to have a custom exhaust made joining the two sides together, and running a single pipe to the rear muffler. I've wondered if the new section could be made out of square tube as to effectively use the available space for exhaust flow versus a round tube.

I really want to add a second tank, but the sound of this thing is so perfect, I'd hate to screw it up. Still, I might try it eventually, if I can find someone willing to do the exhaust work, and if I hate it, I'll switch it back.

It's not the muffler that is in the way of an extra fuel tank.... well some fuel tanks....

Aux tanks like the Long Ranger one install much like the factory tank, but on the drivers side, taking up the space between the driveline and the frame rail, which is right where the exhaust runs. With other engines there is a single (possibly smaller diameter) exhaust pipe in that area. With our 392, there are two (possible larger diameter) exhaust pipes running parallel to each other in that same space.

It's this pair of exhaust pipes that prevent the aux tank from being installed in our 392s.

The other style of aux tank is a rear tank, like used to be in the TJs. IT installs in the space beneath the cargo area, which is occupied by the 392s huge muffler and cutout system. All of that would have to be cut out, along with the cargo cubby to put a tank there.

So the only real option I see, if to have a custom exhaust made joining the two sides together, and running a single pipe to the rear muffler. I've wondered if the new section could be made out of square tube as to effectively use the available space for exhaust flow versus a round tube.

I really want to add a second tank, but the sound of this thing is so perfect, I'd hate to screw it up. Still, I might try it eventually, if I can find someone willing to do the exhaust work, and if I hate it, I'll switch it back.
>the sound of this thing is so perfect, I'd hate to screw it up

Thats where I'm at haha! I'd love even 10G extra fuel, if LRA made a smaller tank that fit with stock I'd be all over it...

>the sound of this thing is so perfect, I'd hate to screw it up

Thats where I'm at haha! I'd love even 10G extra fuel, if LRA made a smaller tank that fit with stock I'd be all over it...
I know right. I'm leaning toward maybe just adding the AEV bumper/carrier/gas tank combo. 10 extra gallons... check.

7% off 2024 Jeep Wrangler 392 Granger Motors Just Bolt Ons.com MARK CDJR in Lake Charles Louisiana Underground Graphics

Latest Discussions

Back