What did you do to your Jeep 392 today? 🛠️

Must be going around 🤣
I’m sorry to say fellas I must stop following both of your builds for fear I may be next…. 🤣. Seriously sucks for you both and all the rest. I admit I have taken one direct hit that I feel the Ultrashield did its job. There’s a divot in the film…. But so far that’s it 👍🏻

I’m sorry to say fellas I must stop following both of your builds for fear I may be next…. 🤣. Seriously sucks for you both and all the rest. I admit I have taken one direct hit that I feel the Ultrashield did its job. There’s a divot in the film…. But so far that’s it 👍🏻

There’s no doubt that whatever rock I caught on I25 would have had a far greater consequence on the standard glass.

I guess I’m within the Gorilla Glass 2 yr warranty…. I’ll call the local dealer today to see what needs to be done to get the ball rolling. I do have the zero cost glass coverage rider on my insurance, but maybe I can avoid involving them altogether.

Originally I was interested in Exoshield, and now Ultrashield.

Might be worth checking into them again once I have the replacement completed….

There’s no doubt that whatever rock I caught on I25 would have had a far greater consequence on the standard glass.

I guess I’m within the Gorilla Glass 2 yr warranty…. I’ll call the local dealer today to see what needs to be done to get the ball rolling. I do have the zero cost glass coverage rider on my insurance, but maybe I can avoid involving them altogether.

The GG warranty excludes any cracks longer than something like 3 or 4 inches. I've never heard of one actually being replaced under the warranty.

Mine broke at like 3k miles. Cracked too long for the warranty. It cost 1100 bucks to replace with GG, but only 180 to replace it with standard glass.

I dropped the almost a grand extra to get the GG, but next time I will not. Having been through about 10 replacements on former Jeeps, I don't see that the GG is any better. The only thing that actually worked was a full scratch-resistant polycarbonate one.

Yeah sorry to hear. Like I said I know my days coming…. But the exo/ultra shield I do feel helped. Another I was looking at is the racing optics one. Has a few “tear off” layers. Not going to lie they are kind of a PIA to install without bubbles / contaminate and there is about a week to two total drying time. But they are easier to replace than the windshield. Mine isn’t the gorilla glass but if / when I do have to replace I’ll go that route. Keep us posted on your replacement ✌🏻

The GG warranty excludes any cracks longer than something like 3 or 4 inches. I've never heard of one actually being replaced under the warranty.

Mine broke at like 3k miles. Cracked too long for the warranty. It cost 1100 bucks to replace with GG, but only 180 to replace it with standard glass.

I dropped the almost a grand extra to get the GG, but next time I will not. Having been through about 10 replacements on former Jeeps, I don't see that the GG is any better. The only thing that actually worked was a full scratch-resistant polycarbonate one.

I had read about the crack length warranty restrictions and thought it might be an issue.

It initially was about a 4” wide, about 2” out in both directions from the point of impact. It did manage to grow a little, and I’d say total length is close to 8” now.

I have taken at least 6 hard hits and no cracks. Definitely some pucks and one that looks like a diamond but so far so good. It sucks that when you turn off the highway, to my favorite OHV park, there's a rock plant on the way so there are a bunch of trucks, throwing rocks through there. On my last trip, I found a back way in that is 100% better.

Got the Rusty’s fuel tank skid in
IMG_6448.jpeg

IMG_6449.jpeg

Added the Banks iDash SuperGauge using their lower mount grab bar Stealth Pod. Really easy, really clean install.

Being connected to the ODBII port, much like a JScan, not only can it read codes without having to turn the Jeep off and go into a diagnostic mode (like is required by the Tazer), which can cause some intermittent codes to disappear (such as what happened to me on my old JL when the locker sensors were acting up), but it can also display up to 8 vehicle parameters at a time (from a selection of up to 300 parameters, depending on the vehicle). So, I've currently got it setup to show Engine Coolant Temp, Engine Oil Temp, Trans Temp, Oil Pressure, Battery Voltage (the 5 gauges that display on the Off-Road Pages app), as well as Ambient Air Temp and RPM. It also has a programmable "shift light" (which I've set to bright red) where you can have it alert you to shift when approaching a certain RPM; in my case, it's great because when I want to "bark" the exhaust on a shift at high RPM when I'm driving by the back of the former HOA president's house, I see a red light in my periphery and I don't have to take my eyes off the road.

i-fCc24VF-XL.jpg

Banks really did a nice job with the Stealth Pod. Has that factory stippling look to it, and fits securely in the grab bar. I did have to remove the lower CMM mount I had there, but I have a CMM mirror mount on the upper side of that grab bar, with a ball mount, so not a big deal.

i-TTJDxBw-XL.jpg

Today we added our new licence plate:cool:

Last Wednesday 2 more of my toes were amputated for bone infections, now a total of 4 toes -- adios.

One of my friends gave me this plate as a joke.

My custom orthotics guy came by today to start updating the fit, and said in the ski boot biz, they see 6 toes on one foot frequently- with God's help I'll finish out with 6 total!!!

IMG_0884.jpeg

Last edited:
Added the Banks iDash SuperGauge using their lower mount grab bar Stealth Pod. Really easy, really clean install.

Being connected to the ODBII port, much like a JScan, not only can it read codes without having to turn the Jeep off and go into a diagnostic mode (like is required by the Tazer), which can cause some intermittent codes to disappear (such as what happened to me on my old JL when the locker sensors were acting up), but it can also display up to 8 vehicle parameters at a time (from a selection of up to 300 parameters, depending on the vehicle). So, I've currently got it setup to show Engine Coolant Temp, Engine Oil Temp, Trans Temp, Oil Pressure, Battery Voltage (the 5 gauges that display on the Off-Road Pages app), as well as Ambient Air Temp and RPM. It also has a programmable "shift light" (which I've set to bright red) where you can have it alert you to shift when approaching a certain RPM; in my case, it's great because when I want to "bark" the exhaust on a shift at high RPM when I'm driving by the back of the former HOA president's house, I see a red light in my periphery and I don't have to take my eyes off the road.

i-fCc24VF-XL.jpg

Banks really did a nice job with the Stealth Pod. Has that factory stippling look to it, and fits securely in the grab bar. I did have to remove the lower CMM mount I had there, but I have a CMM mirror mount on the upper side of that grab bar, with a ball mount, so not a big deal.

i-TTJDxBw-XL.jpg
Very clean design and install. Banks makes top shelf products!

Today we added our new licence plate:cool:

Last Wednesday 2 more of my toes were amputated for bone infections, now a total of 4 toes -- adios.

One of my friends gave me this plate as a joke.

My custom orthotics guy came by today to start updating the fit, and said in the ski boot biz, they see 6 toes on one foot frequently- with God's help I'll finish out with 6 total!!!

View attachment 34737
Yikes

7% off 2024 Jeep Wrangler 392 Granger Motors Just Bolt Ons.com MARK CDJR in Lake Charles Louisiana Underground Graphics

Latest Discussions

Back