Goose Gear

ParadigmDawg

Reaction score
Current Rides
2023 Wrangler Rubicon 392, 2024 Wrangler Rubicon X
My Goose Gear cargo plate arrived today. The projected lead time from them was 8 weeks and it was delivered today, which was 17 days from the time I ordered it.

Fit and finish is perfect and it was a very quick install....or it would have been...had I not decided to forgo their slide as I wanted two slides mounted and their slides were almost twice as much as the Iceco slides. I have no doubt that the GG is a lot nicer but I don't think a slide should be that expensive. My hope going in was that some of the predrilled holes with nut inserts would line up. Out of the 38 holes, only 1 lined up to the location I was wanting to install the slides. I am horrible at any type of woodworking but it turns out that using a drill guide and nut inserts, it was quick and easy work. It was time consuming since I had to test fit so many different times but I actually had a good and relaxing day completing the project.

One negative has been getting in touch with Goose Gear. Post sell, I have tried emailing them twice and calling them twice with no contact back to me. This was just for some basic questions that I had. Also my cargo plate didn't come with the key. It is not that important at this point because the cubby hole is blocked by the slide but I feel like there should have been a key since there is a lock.

All in all, I really wanted to go with the system from American Adventure Labs because their customer service is some of the best that I have ever seen. I was torn on getting their Mass Cargo Plate but I really wanted the option to go with the seat delete in the future. I called them 3 times and they either answered immediately or called back within minutes. Goose Gear should take a play out of their handbook. The only thing that I need a solution for is my EcoFlow power station. Since I was so impressed with AAL, I ordered their cargo shelf and when it comes in, I will mount my power station to it. Heck, they will probably send me the key to my cubby hole...lol...
20240502_093857.jpg
20240502_103505.jpg
20240502_103527.jpg
20240502_121306.jpg
20240502_121414.jpg
20240502_125036.jpg
20240502_132632.jpg
20240502_132719.jpg
20240502_135612.jpg
20240502_135621.jpg

Like the pix -- planning on deleting my rear seat on the JK 2 door dedicated wheeler and was looking at their stuff. I think will be a nice upgrade.

Got the American Adventure Lab cargo shelf in and installed. Took around 10 days to receive it even though the projected time was a lot longer but they did say it depends a lot on how back logged the powder coating company is.

Perfect fit and finish, super impressed with the Milwaukee mount. Also top notch customer service during the entire process.
20240513_143633.jpg
20240513_143541.jpg
20240513_130357.jpg

I had a similar experience with GG and their tailgate table...never did talk to anyone or get a return email. I went with AAL and no regrets.

Looks great and for sure Jeeps are legos for grown ups...

I swear on AALs site they have a rear seat delete kit also? Have you seen it?

I had a similar experience with GG and their tailgate table...never did talk to anyone or get a return email. I went with AAL and no regrets.

Looks great and for sure Jeeps are legos for grown ups...

I swear on AALs site they have a rear seat delete kit also? Have you seen it?
I did see the AAL rear seat delete. Not as clean as Goose but had I known then, what I know now, I may have went all AAL.

Back