W A R N I N G ! ! !

Hi..
Thanks for your advice.. How did they break it to me… I showed up to the dealership with a bad feeling in my gut.. I spoke to the manager and informed him that I had received confirmation of my Jeep being delivered.. he asked me to wait.. After 30 min another manager asked me if I wanted my security deposit back and I replied that I wanted my Jeep.. after another 30 min they called me to the sales office and told me they sold my Jeep.. I got heated really quick.. I wanted then to explain why they would do something so unprofessional.. they told me they didn’t have to explain.. I was asked to leave the office and I refused.. then they told me to contact the GM and leave the dealership immediately.. On my way out I walked into the finance office and tried to find out what the hell was going on.. the woman in the office could not believe that they could do such a thing… she said to me I would be Pissed too.. at that point I realized I needed to leave because it wouldn’t have ended well.. at the end of the day I know it’s just a car.. but I just have a hard time getting taken advantage of and lied to..
F them!

It was painful reading this. It brought back the bad memories of that day when my local Land Rover dealer did the same thing to me....and that was 15 years ago! I feel your pain. I would definitely file a Better Business Bureau complaint and then write a letter to the CEO of Stellantis. He and others need to know what this dealership is doing to brand loyalty and trust....and it might help you unload some of your anger and frustration, that is entirely justified, but IMO bad for your health.
Yep, similar thing happened to me at my local Ford stealership. Still hate that pos to this day. Every time I have to drive by I honk my horn and give them the finger (even if it's closed). and oh MAN, I can't wait to get my 392 so I can drive by with the exhaust opened up wagging my finger at them out my window. :cool:

Last edited:
How was communication with this dealership throughout the building process? Who contacted you to let you know the car had come in? Did you have to call them to get updates?

So let me get this straight... you had a 22 XR order in with them, you got the letter/call from Jeep asking if you wanted a 22 non-XR or to roll over into a 23 XR and then when your 23 XR came in they sold it out from under you? What a bunch of dirty thieving rat bastards. They took advantage of your custom order and Jeep's rollover offer and made a bunch of ADM. They're very lucky that you left so reasonably, have you contacted the GM or any owners that you can find?

I'd probably be sitting parked outside the dealership every day with hand painted signs on my current vehicle letting everyone who stops in know what a bunch of scumbags they are but that's just me.

The other thing to do is actively direct other people away from the dealership. I've been doing that. I've already had a few people intending to go there and I convinced them not to. There was an out of towner with a broken down ford who asked where the dealership was. I directed him to a local smaller guy shop instead of the dealership (the ford dealer is just a small pos shop anyway too though).

As others have said, definitely let Jeep know. I called Ford more than once to let them know about the treatment I got.

Back