Trading diesel for 392

OutWill

Reaction score
Current Rides
'21 JLURD
BLUF: Ordered a white Final Edition!

Hey gang! I just recently retired from the USAF. I have a yellow '21 JLURD and while the diesel does have nice power I worry about the longevity of it with reports I read and a recall for the fuel pump that I haven't been able to get fixed in 2 years. So I figured I'd treat myself and upgrade to the '24 Final Edition. I ordered it in white but I was really hoping to get it in green or orange; part of me still hopes that one of those colors will appear and I can change my order before they start building (I'm not holding my breath though). I just moved from CO Springs and loved wheeling there. Post retirement I got my first dirty contractor job out her in Venice CA (Silicon Beach). There's def a lot of fake Jeepers here but I'm not too far from some good west coast trails. My 392 won't be a pure pavement princess, just a little.

Any rumors of when production will start on the FE's?

First, thank you for your service, @OutWill !! And Welcome to the forum!
I wish they still made the diesel version - I'd have it for daily use! Well, maybe, the 392 is just way too much fun - still as much as it was day one! You'll love it and won't regret it... until your fuel gauge reads "E" with just 200 miles on the tank!

Thanks for your service 👊! I was in the Army just shy of 14 years. I'm a huge diesel fan, but couldn't find one so went for the 392 and couldn't be happier. Come up to Big Bear when you get a chance, tons-o-trails. Jeep Jamboree starts next week. My wife insisted on sarge green as it was a fitting color...she's a keeper.

Welcome aboard.

Welcome to the forum @OutWill, thank you for your service and congrats on the 392 order!

BLUF: Ordered a white Final Edition!

Hey gang! I just recently retired from the USAF. I have a yellow '21 JLURD and while the diesel does have nice power I worry about the longevity of it with reports I read and a recall for the fuel pump that I haven't been able to get fixed in 2 years. So I figured I'd treat myself and upgrade to the '24 Final Edition. I ordered it in white but I was really hoping to get it in green or orange; part of me still hopes that one of those colors will appear and I can change my order before they start building (I'm not holding my breath though). I just moved from CO Springs and loved wheeling there. Post retirement I got my first dirty contractor job out her in Venice CA (Silicon Beach). There's def a lot of fake Jeepers here but I'm not too far from some good west coast trails. My 392 won't be a pure pavement princess, just a little.

Any rumors of when production will start on the FE's?
Welcome Outwill there are a few diesel’s in our club can you expand on recall for fuel pump

As with your concerns I also just made the switch from the '22 JLURD high velocity last Saturday evening, picked up a used '23 with 12k on odometer. Congrats on your order!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1711337872150.jpg
    FB_IMG_1711337872150.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 11
  • FB_IMG_1715609478229.jpg
    FB_IMG_1715609478229.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 11
Congratulations on your retirement and on your 392 FE order. I am also a USAF retiree lol. I retired back in Dec 2020 and life has been great. Enjoy in good health!

Back