Tire PSI & MPGs

I like my tires to wear evenly. 37psi cold per manufacture wears the center out. Yes you get better MPG but tires do not wear properly.

I found for my 24 392 that 32 front and 30 rear has better road contact and even wear. I tried 34 from and 32 rear and front was ok not perfect but rear contact path was not as good as 30psi - cold. Jeep is sock on stock OEM BFG tires.
I’m at 32/30 as well cold. Does a cold 28 set the dash warning ?

45 psi would ride like a rock 17 on the Hwy was the best I ever got 15 is average. I run 35s at 32 psi (nitto trail grapplers c rated)
I don’t drive it daily. And mostly around town. I did think it was riding rougher, but e range feels like rocks even at 30 psi. 😂

I’m at 28.5psi and got 16.7mpg on my 3 hour roadtrip back from jeep beach 😳 (didn’t think to check on the way there) otherwise around town I’m usually at about 9.5mpg 🤣

I found on my custom rock Jeep with 42" tires...it not being a daily driver, sometimes it sits for weeks or more... that if I put more air pressure in tires, they won't flat spot as bad. So if I know it will sit for a couple of months, I air up closer to 40 psi.

I’m at 28.5psi and got 16.7mpg on my 3 hour roadtrip back from jeep beach 😳 (didn’t think to check on the way there) otherwise around town I’m usually at about 9.5mpg 🤣
That is about where I'm at but I have seen a brief 14 mpg on the highway as my best.

Mine is at 45 warm. Averaging 12mpg. Dash was reading 13mpg at 80mph on the highway over the weekend. Guess I’ll lower them but my mileage is atrocious.

Mine is at 45 warm. Averaging 12mpg. Dash was reading 13mpg at 80mph on the highway over the weekend. Guess I’ll lower them but my mileage is atrocious.
Gearing? Or a lot of throttle work?

32 PSI all around...not sure on the MPG, will have to pay attention next time. The way I drive, I prefer handling over MPG....and maybe bigger brakes. Say 37x12.5R20 on GC Trackhawk wheels and Monster Brembo's...sorry getting off topic there...giggity!

Same here, which is why I run 37-38 psi on the street…..the mileage improvement is just a side benefit
Interesting...I found the higher the PSI, the more it darts around and is way to squirrely for me. I like 32 so it feels planted. Plus I think tire wear takes a hit as at those pressures, the side tread doesn't touch the ground.

@Shark01 ....At 37-38 psi cold you will be at 41/42 psi hot and much less tire on the road thus WORSE traction/handling. Lower psi's to a point provide more tire on the road and much better traction and handling. This applies to any vehicle/tire.

Back