The IMMOBILIZER

Possibly a reseller of Ampire. I'm installing mine this weekend on my TRX; ordered from an eBay reseller. They will program for your vehicle and ship from Germany. There are 2 versions; the Pro version includes BT connectivity. More info here (also search eBay for better deals): https://www.ampire.de/WFS400-PRO.htm?shop=ampire_en&SessionId=&a=article&ProdNr=WFS400-PRO&p=59260

Their support matrix doesn't specifically list the 392. Or am I just reading it wrong?

1000003672.jpg

If anyone needs some guidance regarding this immobilizer, reach out the thread creator “Onthereel” over at the TRX forum. He’s a very knowledgeable guy

Their support matrix doesn't specifically list the 392. Or am I just reading it wrong?

View attachment 34246
I will reach out to Ampire. Likely it would use the JL program listed on the top, but hopefully they can confirm. As you may have noticed, the catalog of listed makes/models is very comprehensive (world-wide). Another thing is the 392 is basically a $40k JLU with $40k+ in options. :)

View attachment 34246
Ampire responded that the JL program (12475) would be the correct one. Tech support contact: Axel Mohren, +49-2181-81955-0.

Ampire responded that the JL program (12475) would be the correct one. Tech support contact: Axel Mohren, +49-2181-81955-0.
OK, thanks. Interested in your experience when you install it. I'd think it would be about the same when you do your TRX as it would be to do one of these 392s. I also like that it isn't some smoke and mirrors where an installer installs it and charges a tremendous up charge when it really isn't rocket science to do it.

OK, thanks. Interested in your experience when you install it. I'd think it would be about the same when you do your TRX as it would be to do one of these 392s. I also like that it isn't some smoke and mirrors where an installer installs it and charges a tremendous up charge when it really isn't rocket science to do it.
Installed the Ampire immobilizer tonight. Allow yourself about 4 hours, but much of this will be accessing a good location and hiding your tracks. Follow OnTheReel's advice, use service info to find a good location and Do Not Use the location in the instructions, which is way too obvious (at least it is for the TRX). This video shows the most complex part of the install, which is tapping into the four wires, power/ground/CAN+/CAN-

I used the soldering iron to clear a splice location instead of wire strippers.
The sequence to start is: with foot off brake, push start twice (ACC-RUN), enter sequence of steering wheel buttons, push brake, and hit start. Works like a champ.

Are you also adding one to your 392?
I showed my wife the Ampire start sequence on my TRX. I got the big eye roll, so I think it might be awhile before I install it on the 392. The Pro version has a Bluetooth fob, which might be the only way she'd agree to it.

Back