Similar to JL Wrangler site: 2023 XR wheels beauty ring get design change and new look....

Wonder what in the world Jeep is thinking, changing beauty ring from 25 to 10 bolt look?
Couldn't be much of cost or time difference to make the original 25 bolt version.
Especially considering a Jeep in this price range. 🤔

Unfortunately, the chance of taking delivery, on either one of those builds, are highly unlikely. XR (not In production at all) and half-doors, (extremely limited), orders like those, are just going to sit in the purgatory status
Thanks for the optimism, 😜 The one is ‘built’ but it’s just in I (final inspection) status. Granted that’s not KZ but it’s at least nearing the end of the process. The one in D1? Well who knows.

Last edited:
Wonder what in the world Jeep is thinking, changing beauty ring from 25 to 10 bolt look?
Couldn't be much of cost or time difference to make the original 25 bolt version.
Especially considering a Jeep in this price range. 🤔

My wild ass guess would be stocks on the 25 hole rings are low or ran out, and now they are using the 10 hole rings just so they can keep getting Jeeps out the door at the factory. I'm a little ignorant on this though. If the holes are actually drilled into the wheel itself, then it's probably more a wheel issue. Using up whatever stocks they have so the can keep pushing Jeeps out to customers.

Last edited:
My wild ass guess would be stocks on the 25 hole rings are low or ran out, and now they are using the 10 hole rings just so they can keep getting Jeeps out the door at the factory. I'm a little ignorant on this though. If the holes are actually drilled into the wheel itself, then it's probably more a wheel issue. Using up whatever stocks they have so the can keep pushing Jeeps out to customers.

That's BS. If that would have been the case and if they'd like to keep the face there should have been a remark during the delivery that downgraded rings will be replaced by Jeep at no charge as soon as they are available on stock again. And that's not the case. Otherwise this is ridiculous, not to mention situations as described above when they deliver a Jeep with four crappy rings and one normal. They are pathetic and have zero respect for the customer. To me that kind of thing is unacceptable on a $40k vehicle, and we're talking $100k top dog.

That's BS. If that would have been the case and if they'd like to keep the face there should have been a remark during the delivery that downgraded rings will be replaced by Jeep at no charge as soon as they are available on stock again. And that's not the case. Otherwise this is ridiculous, not to mention situations as described above when they deliver a Jeep with four crappy rings and one normal. They are pathetic and have zero respect for the customer.
Agreed. It’s bad enough to get the 10 hole rings on the four tires in service, the spare has the 25 on my 392. If you are going to downgrade … At least match them all. smh ….

I was lucky enough to get my '22 XR delivered with no downgrades but this situation still makes me mad. I'm disappointed to say the least. If they are playing that kind of games with something that clearly visible at the first glance I wonder what else is missing that we don't know. Maybe folks don't have airbag modules in their '23's? lol

The assembly of vehicles is kind of like what goes on aboard a navy carrier.

If you spend one day on a carrier, and EVERY American should if given the chance, you would be blown away by the shear enormity and complexity of the operation.

The assembly plant is a really complex operation. They would love to give every customer exactly what they want & in a timely manner but there are an extreme amount of variables that say otherwise. Many of them out of their control.
Yes the plant is basically concerned with vehicles out the door because that's how they're paid. They move roughly 1,200 + vehicles out every day their running, depending on the plant.

There's no name or picture on the build sheet as the vehicle goes down the line. The operator performs an operation regardless of base msrp or who the custom is etc.

There are many people in the chain that are concerned with satisfying every customer but they aren't necessarily at the plant level, so ya there feels like there is a disconnect from plant to customer.
It seems like they're working harder these days at closing that gap.

But are they going to reach out to each person when tough decisions are made on each specific build, mmmm probably not.

The assembly of vehicles is kind of like what goes on aboard a navy carrier.

If you spend one day on a carrier, and EVERY American should if given the chance, you would be blown away by the shear enormity and complexity of the operation.

The assembly plant is a really complex operation. They would love to give every customer exactly what they want & in a timely manner but there are an extreme amount of variables that say otherwise. Many of them out of their control.
Yes the plant is basically concerned with vehicles out the door because that's how they're paid. They move roughly 1,200 + vehicles out every day their running, depending on the plant.

There's no name or picture on the build sheet as the vehicle goes down the line. The operator performs an operation regardless of base msrp or who the custom is etc.

There are many people in the chain that are concerned with satisfying every customer but they aren't necessarily at the plant level, so ya there feels like there is a disconnect from plant to customer.
It seems like they're working harder these days at closing that gap.

But are they going to reach out to each person when tough decisions are made on each specific build, mmmm probably not.

That's another BS and excuse to make more profit and lower the cost. You are telling me that with current technology, automation, robotics and computers it is not possible to put a vehicle together correctly and sort out the parts the customer ordered? :ROFLMAO: Back in the 80's or 90's it was possible to order a car with a ton of customizations, different interior options and colors and with a ton of exterior colors. Now with the 392 we have like 5 exterior colors, one unified interior and like 5 option packages, only to make everything unified and cheap to manufacture. And they still cannot deliver that? lol
And again, if supply chain is an issue they could easily fix it. They don't give a single %& cause they are fully aware of the fact that people will keep buying their products regardless. And that doesn't apply only to Jeep ofc.

Last edited:
I have a 392 with 12 hole rings. Yes, 12 holes:

Jeep Wheel 1.jpg

Except it's made in China
Jeep Wheel 2.jpg

That's another BS and excuse to make more profit and lower the cost. You are telling me that with current technology, automation, robotics and computers it is not possible to put a vehicle together correctly and sort out the parts the customer ordered? :ROFLMAO: Back in the 80's or 90's it was possible to order a car with a ton of customizations, different interior options and colors and with a ton of exterior colors. Now with the 392 we have like 5 exterior colors, one unified interior and like 5 option packages, only to make everything unified and cheap to manufacture. And they still cannot deliver that? lol
And again, if supply chain is an issue they could easily fix it. They don't give a single %& cause they are fully aware of the fact that people will keep buying their products regardless. And that doesn't apply only to Jeep ofc.
No, I certainly wouldn't make excuses for them, I know better.
You're correct on the fact that there is a lot of technology in today's plant.
And because of it there are WAY fewer assembly errors than there was in the 80' & 90's. Back then they relied more on the operator to make the correct choice.
It became cost prohibitive to have so many individual options (end items to the plant) so they began to bundle and outsource sub-assemblies.
Everything you outsource you lose a tiny bit of control.
Anyway, I could go on for days about the good, bad, & ugly of car assembly because I lived in that world for 44+ years. But I won't cause I retired last year and it should now be ancient history.
I will say this though, I know roughly why they operate the way they do and there is still much more they could do to improve.
But it's an extremely slow moving machine and it needs a cultural change to move significantly in the right direction, but that's not going to happen no matter how much they talk the talk. Always good in theory.
They will and are improving, just not as much as we would like.

Years ago I ordered a vehicle and walked the line, following the build, because I could and I was determined to receive a defect free car. Guess what, nope, it still had issues. It wasn't the assembly plants fault, it was a supplier part that passed inspection at their facility.

I can get equally frustrated, probably even more, because I was very close to it.
With each new vehicle I purchased over years, and when I'm at the dealer picking it up, I usually got a strange look from the sales person because of the way I looked the vehicle over.
I'd just say "never mind I know too much about the build of this car".

I didn't get a chance to get close to the 392 since it was built after I retired.

But I look at this bad ass 392 today, that is finally a vehicle that checks all the right boxes for me, and I'm still in awe of how roughly 5000 individual pieces came together that brings so much joy. So I forgive the flaws.

And, hoping the 25 bolt wheels don't end up in short supply if we rub rocks.

I just picked mine up two weeks ago and it is 10 across the board with the XR package. I ordered in mid-July.

Mine arrived at dealer today, he just sent me pics. It has the 10 bolts, I ordered June 18th. 25 or 10 doesn't matter to me whatsoever being I'm swapping to a different tire/wheel combo, but I guess it matters to some. I'll either sell off the stocker set or just wrap them up on a pallet and store them in my shop. They still seem like pretty nice wheels FWIW

Back