Official Reveal: Jeep Low Down Concept at 2024 Easter Jeep Safari EJS

Jeep Low Down Concept

Jeep just announced that the Wrangler 392 is heading off to the junkyard in the sky, but not before the brand makes a monster Easter concept out of it. The Low Down Concept pays tribute to the Wrangler Lower 40 concept from the 43rd Easter Safari held 15 years ago.

The old Lower 40 concept put 40-inch tires on a Wrangler with stock suspension, to keep the center of gravity low. However, Jeep went even further this time, sticking 42-inch BFGoodrich Krawler mud-terrain tires, wrapped around beadlock wheels, on a Wrangler 392 with stock suspension. To fit the massive tires, carbon fiber high-clearance fender flares were fitted, allowing the tire necessary clearance without raising the Wrangler's ride height. Dana 60 axles replace the stock 392's Dana 44 axles but no changes were made to the 392-cubic inch V8, which still makes 475 horsepower.

Jeep Wrangler JL Official Reveal: Jeep Concepts at 2024 Easter Jeep Safari EJS easter-jeep-safari-51

Jeep Wrangler JL Official Reveal: Jeep Concepts at 2024 Easter Jeep Safari EJS easter-jeep-safari-50

Jeep Wrangler JL Official Reveal: Jeep Concepts at 2024 Easter Jeep Safari EJS easter-jeep-safari-48

Jeep Wrangler JL Official Reveal: Jeep Concepts at 2024 Easter Jeep Safari EJS easter-jeep-safari-62

Jeep Wrangler JL Official Reveal: Jeep Concepts at 2024 Easter Jeep Safari EJS easter-jeep-safari-55

Jeep Wrangler JL Official Reveal: Jeep Concepts at 2024 Easter Jeep Safari EJS easter-jeep-safari-57

Jeep Wrangler JL Official Reveal: Jeep Concepts at 2024 Easter Jeep Safari EJS easter-jeep-safari-52

There is no radio or infotainment screen. How does one know anything about what is going on electronically?

No handles on the rear doors and that body line in the fender looks like the fender opens with the door.

No handles on the rear doors and that body line in the fender looks like the fender opens with the door.

Guess they had to design that way to fit 42” tires with no lift.
Concept Jeep anyway, doesn’t mean that much.

Wonder how many would have ordered a Jeep like this, if available?
Factory Dana 60’s & 42” tires.

Last edited:
Just go ahead and give us 42s a lift, axles and a hellcat red eye or demon engine and be done with it. I would be all over it if they offered this.

Looks like the rear fender flares are 2 pieces, one being attached to the rear door.
I wonder if they changed the front bump stop /bounce tube? Being a stock suspension...

I like the old school tailgate jeep lettering. It's like the old school Bronco lettering that everyone and their Grandmother puts on their 6G.

I was wondering if those rear tires would actually clear the frame/fenders under flex. It looked pretty close on some mild bumps.

There is no radio or infotainment screen. How does one know anything about what is going on electronically?
Use the force... ;)

Screen Shot 2024-03-28 at 12.27.04 AM.png

I really like the retro direction they went with, like using the JEEP tailgate logo used on the Honcho in Twister and the vintage 4-wheel dive logo they bought on eBay. Very cool, too bad the 392's V8 is also now considered 'vintage' and out of production. 😢

It looks like they built it off of a '23. There is a lock cylinder on the tailgate and the grab bar is not from a '24. The grille is from a '24 though.
This is one Jeep we know they will never build, but it looks fun!

The 392 Scrambler last year was my favorite hands down. It had some cool fender flares I wish would come to market

Guess they had to design that way to fit 42” tires with no lift.
Concept Jeep anyway, doesn’t mean that much.

Wonder how many would have ordered a Jeep like this, if available?
Factory Dana 60’s & 42” tires.
uh yeah that’s the ticket I’m in

I think it would be considered a “hard-tail”. The rear cannot move up at all, it is sitting on the lengthened bumps. So no up travel.
Well of course it would have to be 110% full function

It looks like they kept the Factory XR shock on it made by Tenneco/Rancho RS7MT. For a factory shock, I like this shock.

Attachments

• IMG_7151.png
    IMG_7151.png
    766.5 KB · Views: 13
Back