Jeep 392 MPG / Gas Mileage thread

Picked this up on Friday. Had 9 miles on it at delivery. Just did my first 500 miles. City and Highway combined 17.5. This morning just Highway was 19. To be fair I was taking it easy. Now that I hit 500 miles I'm sure it will get a lot worse.... But the fun factor goes up accordingly. I had my 2019 JLRU for 29,000 miles and averaged 16.5. total. I am very impressed with this beast. So much fun to drive. So much fine to listen to. Enjoy everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_0624.JPG
    IMG_0624.JPG
    172 KB · Views: 102
Picked this up on Friday. Had 9 miles on it at delivery. Just did my first 500 miles. City and Highway combined 17.5. This morning just Highway was 19. To be fair I was taking it easy. Now that I hit 500 miles I'm sure it will get a lot worse.... But the fun factor goes up accordingly. I had my 2019 JLRU for 29,000 miles and averaged 16.5. total. I am very impressed with this beast. So much fun to drive. So much fine to listen to. Enjoy everyone!
Yea sorry, that won’t last, but neither will your boredom while driving.

The break-in calls for full range of the RPMs during the 300 to 500 mile (use paddle shifters) phase. That was a lot of fun. I even red lined it a few times. Lol.

11mpg 600 mi
I noticed a decrease in mileage with the increase in altitude and lack of 93 octane fuel here in Arizona. I was getting around 20 mpg in Michigan where I picked the Jeep up from the dealership. Went down hill as I headed West and only 91 octane available. Got even worse when I installed 37” tires.

I'm getting around 14 in town if I drive like a mature adult. I've done 2 trips Florida-Texas and back to Florida with cruise set to 72 I was getting 19.2mpg.

I noticed a decrease in mileage with the increase in altitude and lack of 93 octane fuel here in Arizona. I was getting around 20 mpg in Michigan where I picked the Jeep up from the dealership. Went down hill as I headed West and only 91 octane available. Got even worse when I installed 37” tires.
What did it go to with 37's?

I'm getting around 14 in town if I drive like a mature adult. I've done 2 trips Florida-Texas and back to Florida with cruise set to 72 I was getting 19.2mpg.
With the cruise control set at 70mph, some stop and go traffic, and a 60 mile trip, I got 18.4 mpg. in city it is about 14.5mpg.

With the cruise control set at 70mph, some stop and go traffic, and a 60 mile trip, I got 18.4 mpg. in city it is about 14.5mpg.
Maybe me using ethanol free premium or just the fact it was all interstate driving non stop until time to fill up again that helped me with the 19.2mpg. I'm gonna keep trying for more, but only on the interstate. Just too tempting to flex it's exhaust sound in stop and go town traffic.

A little over 900 miles on mine so far and average is 16.1. mix of highway city and some off road excitement.

Last edited:
A little over 900 miles on mine so far and average is 16.1. mix of highway city and some off road excitement.
15.8 on mine with about 2000 miles of a mix of off road, city, and I'd call it minimal highway.

Lol I get 7 drive it like you stole it 🤪
I don't even pay attention to the mpg on the streets but I try on the interstate. I know it's not designed to be good like my Prius. The only thing I look at pertaining to gas is what the tank level looks like and if I need to top it off. And I do give it some hell a little when I drive it. Have had a few street races so far. Most recent Mercedes C63 AMG. Did my torque launch, light turned green and whooped it good.

What kind of mileage are people getting that have 37's (like me) and then changed the gear ratio to 4:56....asking for a friend....

What kind of mileage are people getting that have 37's (like me) and then changed the gear ratio to 4:56....asking for a friend....
Another member with the XR package was getting 18mpg (instant display) driving 70mph. I did the same test (35's but with regular gears) and I got 19mpg at 70mph. I would guess going to 37's would drop it another 1mpg maybe??

Another member with the XR package was getting 18mpg (instant display) driving 70mph. I did the same test (35's but with regular gears) and I got 19mpg at 70mph. I would guess going to 37's would drop it another 1mpg maybe??
I have 37s on 20s getting 11 mpg with 6000 miles. I have 4:56 gears on order. I’ll let you know

Another member with the XR package was getting 18mpg (instant display) driving 70mph. I did the same test (35's but with regular gears) and I got 19mpg at 70mph. I would guess going to 37's would drop it another 1mp

I have 37s on 20s getting 11 mpg with 6000 miles. I have 4:56 gears on order. I’ll let you know
I have 37's....STT Pro 37x12.5x17 mounted on the lightest 17x9 wheels I could find....Vision Nemisis....that's about what I'm getting at 1500 miles....it still has plenty of power but rarely sees 8th gear....
But I still smile from ear to ear!!!

We had a customer who inquired with 37'tires and was getting 4.7 MPG. Can not buy this rig for the fuel economy

Back