How many miles on your jeep at delivery?

19... picked up my '22 HVY-XR yesterday.. WOOT! Hello all, btw... :)
392.1.jpg
392.2.jpg

Every vehicle leaving the plant will have a few miles on it due to it going thru "Rolls Test".
If it goes to 1 of 3 holding lots near the plant that would add 1.5 (furthest lot).
Stellantis has recently mandated that the dealer drive it for 5 to 6 miles to complete a quality check list.

The plot thickens. Out of curiosity, I wanted to see what Jeep Chat could tell me. They have documentation that it was delivered to the dealership with 0 miles on it.

I am not a happy person right now.

Spoke with dealer and they are now saying the documentation always says 0 miles on intake but almost all cars coming in now have over 10 miles on them.

Can anyone confirm this to be "normal"?
It is normal. Very few cars are delivered with 0 miles on them. They get driven during QA, dealer setup, etc. Anything under 50 is reasonable imho.

The plot thickens. Out of curiosity, I wanted to see what Jeep Chat could tell me. They have documentation that it was delivered to the dealership with 0 miles on it.

I am not a happy person right now.

Spoke with dealer and they are now saying the documentation always says 0 miles on intake but almost all cars coming in now have over 10 miles on them.

Can anyone confirm this to be "normal"?
That’s likely a default input.
They drive them off the line, to the carrier, move around from carrier to train/truck. Drive it from truck to holding depot parking spot, then either to the dealer or another carrier.

The lowest mileage I’ve ever had with any new vehicle was .4 mile.
I literally drove it off the rail car in Manassas, VA.
That .4 was from the factory line, to a truck, to a train and into my hands.

Last edited:
I learned something new, that blew me away, when I was at the dealer picking mine up and I inquired about acceptable mileage at delivery.
The salesman stated that the dealer can put up to 500 miles on a new vehicle and still sell it "as new".
500 MILES??!!
I wonder if that varies by state.
Anyway, doesn't seem right to me.

I learned something new, that blew me away, when I was at the dealer picking mine up and I inquired about acceptable mileage at delivery.
The salesman stated that the dealer can put up to 500 miles on a new vehicle and still sell it "as new".
500 MILES??!!
I wonder if that varies by state.
Anyway, doesn't seem right to me.
True story.

Mine had 15 miles on it when I picked it up.

Picked mine up with 12 miles, it could have had 500 and I would still have had that tingling feeling in my gut and a grin from ear to ear when that monster came to life the first time I pushed to button.

Thanks all. I realize that i need to be reasonable. Appreciate the support and calming me down.

Hopefully, I'll pick it up tomorrow. They are out of tags right now but it is ready to go.

7 miles.. but glad someone got to enjoy them a little bit.. beautiful truck

Mine was 21 but I ran out of gas at 23, someone drove it hard to burn up 4 gallons of gas, it was showing 8 avg mpg .

26 miles on mine. My sales guys showed me it’s build schedule. It went between the plants a lot of times one plant in particular (forgot which one, body or something ) back and forth. He said that is why you’ll will sometimes see a few more miles than you normally would on these things.

Picked mine up yesterday very clean all over 14miles on it

Attachments

• 47C70FA3-0A84-4E57-9B3A-D20246E81F4E.jpeg
    47C70FA3-0A84-4E57-9B3A-D20246E81F4E.jpeg
    414.9 KB · Views: 31
  • E108FDCF-04A4-49CE-8CAF-EE319D4883F9.jpeg
    E108FDCF-04A4-49CE-8CAF-EE319D4883F9.jpeg
    375.8 KB · Views: 32
Mine has finally arrived and I am setting up the delivery, hopefully for this weekend. The salesman mentioned to me that there are 23 miles on the odometer but only about 4 were from the dealership for the PDI.

I'm curious when yours were picked up what they had on them for miles. I've read some had like 50 or 60 and had mud everywhere while some others were in the single digits. If it were one way or the other, I know the direction i would take.

thoughts?
Mine had 9 miles on it…..

Back