Driving in the snow

If it was me and I was going to keep the vehicle for a long time, yes I would get it sprayed. If it is a short trip to an area that uses salt or calcium then I would use Fluid Film. Once you return home it is more easily washed off. A more permanent solution is Woolwax. You can still wash it off but it is much more thick and greasy and a better option for long term winter conditions. Both make for a very unpleasant situation for working on the vehicle afterwards. Making the Fluid Film the best option for short term and a Jeep could be sprayed at home with 6-10+ spray cans depending on how thoroughly you applied it. park over a tarp before spraying if you care about your driveway or garage floor.

Took my 392 for its last ride yesterday to top off the tank, this morning woke up to a few inches of snow and the salt trucks running the roads. Wont put my Jeep back on the road until late April.
Treated our 392 with Woolwax a few months back. Found a couple areas of light rust (2 month old Jeep with zero salt exposure). Didn't want to park it for the winter, but didn't want a rust bucket, either. I opted for a 5 gallon bucket of Woolwax rather than rattle cans. Treated my Taco and my TRX, too. Looking forward to some fun in the snow.

@bigfishbobby
Applying too much brake will put a vehicle into a bad situation just as easy as higher speeds do. White knuckle driving will also get you into trouble. Relax, choose a good speed within reason, and keep a safe distance from others. Finally, try to have an out at all times to escape collision. Be safe.

You will be absolutely fine without chains. Leave extra room ahead of you in traffic. Bridges freeze before the roads. You will be better equipped than 99% of the other vehicles on the road.

Should you apply an undercarriage protection against the rusty caused by salt or not?
I was getting my 2008 Nissan Titan ready for winter and I was touching up the undercoating. So I figured i would show what a nasty mess this stuff makes out of a vehicle but how well it protects

2C256665-1B5C-4B60-B1A8-9F929E095F66.jpeg
This is looking up inside the rear body, between the outer fender and the box.
CECCEFBC-E9C2-4F79-88B9-22051E83A773.jpeg
This is the frame directly under the cab halfway between the front and rear tires, where most road spay would hit.
82FC9454-DADE-4A12-B8C9-60B95BA243C5.jpeg
This is the same section of frame but I wiped off a small area and the factory paint is still shiny, just like the day I got the truck. Not bad after 14 years of road salt. The last 3-4 years the truck was sprayed with woolwax and it’s is still so thick and greasy that I touched up the usual trouble areas myself rather than have it completely resprayed.

Last edited:
If you get pulled out by a Toyota, you should light your Jeep on fire. 🤣
Some how oddly relevant... I had zero offroading experience when I bought my first Wrangler 2D Rubicon December 18th of 2013. It was one of the last new units on the dealers lot. I was dying to understand what this bad boy could do, so the next day at the mall, there was a 3-4 ft hill of snow from the previous week. I decided I was going to crawl my Jeep over that hill of snow. I put it in 4L, locked front and rear, told my wife to get out and film it, disconnected my sway bar, and crawled onto that hill. Got a few feet in and then sunk up to my axles. A taco cruised by (I didn't know the whole taco war at that time) and the driver sticks his head out and says, "Looks like your stuck, Do you need a tow". Yup... first time my Wrangler was stuck was in the mall parking lot and I was saved by a taco. After that I bought a winch and never have been stuck again.

Some how oddly relevant... I had zero offroading experience when I bought my first Wrangler 2D Rubicon December 18th of 2013. It was one of the last new units on the dealers lot. I was dying to understand what this bad boy could do, so the next day at the mall, there was a 3-4 ft hill of snow from the previous week. I decided I was going to crawl my Jeep over that hill of snow. I put it in 4L, locked front and rear, told my wife to get out and film it, disconnected my sway bar, and crawled onto that hill. Got a few feet in and then sunk up to my axles. A taco cruised by (I didn't know the whole taco war at that time) and the driver sticks his head out and says, "Looks like your stuck, Do you need a tow". Yup... first time my Wrangler was stuck was in the mall parking lot and I was saved by a taco. After that I bought a winch and never have been stuck again.
I don’t know if it’s sadder that you got pulled out by a Toyota or the fact that you knew what it meant to lock the front and rear as well as disconnect your sway bar and I have ZERO clue how any of that works or what it actually does. 😂 Yep, I’m a pathetic mallcrawler with not only one, but two 80k Jeeps in our house. You should be proud of your attempt at manhood because mine would be the stuff viral tik toks are made of.

I see you’re in Denver. Was this at Flatirons?

I don’t know if it’s sadder that you got pulled out by a Toyota or the fact that you knew what it meant to lock the front and rear as well as disconnect your sway bar and I have ZERO clue how any of that works or what it actually does. 😂 Yep, I’m a pathetic mallcrawler with not only one, but two 80k Jeeps in our house. You should be proud of your attempt at manhood because mine would be the stuff viral tik toks are made of.

All of the things the sales person said that made the Rubicon awesome.

I see you’re in Denver. Was this at Flatirons?

Maybe... =P

7% off 2024 Jeep Wrangler 392 Granger Motors Just Bolt Ons.com MARK CDJR in Lake Charles Louisiana Underground Graphics

Latest Discussions

Back