CarPlay connectivity

We can link up and I can plug mine into your center console and see if my phone links up to it. That may solve your issue, you wouldn't need the cable in the dash at all then. It's annoying though, I get it.
I may just take you up on that offer. I'll see what next week looks like.

I received the MFI approved cables, been connected without incident for a few hours. Could it be that simple?
The owners manual says to use cables that came with your phone. I have tried that.

The owners manual says to use cables that came with your phone. I have tried that.
MFI certified cables are about $8-10 bucks depending on which one you choose. Might be worth the experiment…..

1696779061073.png

Thanks for the info in the previous posts on this thread. I was having trouble with CarPlay locking up and disconnecting after 15 seconds to a minute when connected to the USB in the center console. It worked great when connected to either port on the dash (same Apple USB cable). I tried everything including rebooting the Infotainment by press and hold of radio power button - no dice.

I Bought this wireless adapter and installed it in the center console and it appears to be working, granted with only a 20 minute test in garage. There is no lag at all. I like the compact size and will Velcro it to the inside wall of the armrest.

One annoyance. My iPhone does stay connected to the CarPlay for about 15-20 minutes after parking in garage attached to the house. Jeep continues to power USB ports for a long time after turning off ignition. Not that big of a deal as I can easily disconnect from it by swiping down from top right of iphone, pressing the WiFi button and choosing to disconnect CarPlay. For the most part I can just let Jeep power timeout after 20 minutes and iPhone connects to home WiFi automatically.

I've been having problems with Car Play going in and out. Keeps wanting to try and pair with iPhone, but that's already been done. I've read a few items on line you have to ensure you have an MFI approved cable. Will try that and see what happens.

Anybody else having this issue?

Your thoughts?
THX
B
I had issues like this with a cable I had. Some times it worked others no go. Seemed like it the phone was connected when I started it , it would work but not if connected later. I replaced the cable with an apple cable and no more. problems for me.

Thanks for the info in the previous posts on this thread. I was having trouble with CarPlay locking up and disconnecting after 15 seconds to a minute when connected to the USB in the center console. It worked great when connected to either port on the dash (same Apple USB cable). I tried everything including rebooting the Infotainment by press and hold of radio power button - no dice.

I Bought this wireless adapter and installed it in the center console and it appears to be working, granted with only a 20 minute test in garage. There is no lag at all. I like the compact size and will Velcro it to the inside wall of the armrest.

One annoyance. My iPhone does stay connected to the CarPlay for about 15-20 minutes after parking in garage attached to the house. Jeep continues to power USB ports for a long time after turning off ignition. Not that big of a deal as I can easily disconnect from it by swiping down from top right of iphone, pressing the WiFi button and choosing to disconnect CarPlay. For the most part I can just let Jeep power timeout after 20 minutes and iPhone connects to home WiFi automatically.

I had issues like this with a cable I had. Some times it worked others no go. Seemed like it the phone was connected when I started it , it would work but not if connected later. I replaced the cable with an apple cable and no more. problems for me.
Try this, under key off options in settings.

Attachments

• IMG_4659.jpeg
    IMG_4659.jpeg
    151.3 KB · Views: 12
Back