At the risk of being boo'ed to "Bolivia", how many miles do you have? Problems? Mpg?

Man, I don't understand how anyone averages more than 13mpg. I'm about 1500 miles into my 2024, and am averaging about 12mpg overall. Being really nice to it, I can average 14ish for short periods, but rarely any more than that

Man, I don't understand how anyone averages more than 13mpg. I'm about 1500 miles into my 2024, and am averaging about 12mpg overall. Being really nice to it, I can average 14ish for short periods, but rarely any more than that
Both stop-and-go, and high speeds just kill our MPGs. Running errands around town, and blasting down the interstate at 80 mph, both get me about 12mpg.

But 55mph on a long stretch of 2-lane with no stops.... and I see 15-16 pretty regularly.

I know the risk I run but I am too curious after reading thread after thread. It seems like some have their fair share of issues, and some have had really great luck. Sounds like a solid vehicle compared to some other boards I've been on. As a new member, I am curious about your experiences.

How many miles do you have? Curious if anyone has put in a ton of miles, but not expecting much since the 392 run has been so short.

Have you had many issues?

I just got my rig recently and am only 100 miles into my journey and putzing around town I am seeing 11 mpg being a real light foot. I am surprised and amused at how bad that is. I thought I'd get the 13 as advertised at least. Let me know your experiences please.

Please and thank you.
2021 Non XR with 37s averaging 13 mpg... I have the pedal commander, lift, mid muffler delete etc...

Attachments

• IMG_3124 (1).PNG
    IMG_3124 (1).PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
22XR. Two years of ownership at end of May. 27k miles. Daily driver. No off-roading beyond a gravel country road a few times a year.

I've just changed oil and rotated tires every 6k miles.

The only "issue" I've experienced is leaking gas tank as I am only getting 9mpg in city (real city driving, not suburbs). Dealer swears there is no hole in tank. LOL. I do average about 16 on extended highway road trips though. I've hit 17.5 a few times. Drove to Chattanooga from Chicago two weeks ago for Spring Break and averaged 16.

Seriously, the only issues I've experienced is a weird burning / fishy smell when heat was on the first winter I had it. Happened maybe two or three times randomly. It thought it was a leaky heater core or coolant leak. It seemed to burn itself off and never returned. Never even made it to dealer and haven't had issue since.

The OEM battery seemed to have a bad cell of some sort. We had a cold snap back in January with temps down to around -15 degrees overnight. The Jeep barely started and gave off a low voltage warning that I couldn't use aux switches until battery charged. The battery never seemed to recover and I'd get the low voltage warning maybe 50% of the time when i started Jeep. I replaced the battery two weeks ago and it is all good.

I've noticed a very light brake squeal when backing out of garage now after jeep sits over night at goes away almost immediately. I'll get that checked out as I'd be surprised brakes/rotors need replacing after 27k miles but maybe the 35s wear them out quick.

That's it. It's been very reliable.

You guys are my inspiration. I am under 1k into ownership and mixed am getting 11 and thats me being pretty gentle. I am going to just tell myself its a break in thing and I will be seeing your type of numbers soon. lol

You guys are my inspiration. I am under 1k into ownership and mixed am getting 11 and thats me being pretty gentle. I am going to just tell myself its a break in thing and I will be seeing your type of numbers soon. lol
Yep I get the same as uncommon sense does

You guys have to be Flintstone pedaling at times! Its the only answer!
100% agree. Reset one of the trips (I've kept trip A running since mile 8 for "engine hours") and verify again. I'm able to consistently achieve up to 16.2 in most "average" cases on my daily commute which completely wide open highway in the AM and bumper to bumper for 40 minutes in the PM.

I documented this in another post but the biggest thing to note is the MPG drop after 2k rpm. 65-68 seems to be the most efficient speed provided stock tires/gearing/load etc etc.

The first 2 weeks I owned my 392 I saw 152 mile range on a full tank :p so.. I get it lol.

Bought mine last August with 6k miles, it now has just shy of 19k. Only issue was the rear locker needs service error. Came on every time I forced 2wd, but my Jeep guru fixed it for good using the Tazer by-pass module. MPG...never look, I fill her up when empty, done. Change the oil every 4k miles. Happy! 🍻

Last edited:
2021 Non XR with 37s averaging 13 mpg... I have the pedal commander, lift, mid muffler delete etc...
I only have 20k miles on my Jeep, but the 392 motor has been out for so many years I dont worry about the reliability of it as long as you take care of it. I havent had any issues at all....your engine is still new and after it breaks in youll get 13 mpg..enjoy it - there are a lot of people out there that would love to have one.

Back