adding winch

IMG_1975.webp
IMG_1975.webp
IMG_1970.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1965.webp
    IMG_1965.webp
    255.2 KB · Views: 1
Warn is a good go to.How ever Ive read good things about the Grimm winch plate NorthRidge sells.
 
What mounting bracket is that for the solenoid?
It’s actually a part of the OEM bracket that held the rear bumper in place. I took it off and replaced it with a metal cloak rear bumper support. I cut it and repurposed it for the solenoid since it was scrap. You just need something that’ll fit in the space.
 
Granted - I am in a 21 OG 392, so MAYBE this has changed. I decided to go with the mopar winch plate - thinking it being mopar, it would fit just perfectly. NOT true - at that point anyway. What a pita. Had to drill out the winch mounting holes (oh yeah that was fun). Also had to cut bolts after mounting to be able to get FACTORY bumper back on. PITA. Anyway - as many have already said - go with the warn plate, regardless of winch.
Chris
I went with RH4x4’s winch plate. Seems solid. Didn’t have to make any modifications to the plate. However, with the Badlands APEX 12k winch, the handle does hit my winch guard. I’ll have to cut the handle down to change the winch to free spool.
 
It’s actually a part of the OEM bracket that held the rear bumper in place. I took it off and replaced it with a metal cloak rear bumper support. I cut it and repurposed it for the solenoid since it was scrap. You just need something that’ll fit in the space.
I’ll have to reach out to a buddy of mind who keeps a lot of scrap metal. I like that idea. I previously used a hurricane tie on my last jeep and it was perfect. Can’t get it to fit anywhere on this one. I appreciate the pictures though!
 
Just helped a friend install a Badlands Apex on his Gladiator, its a beast and great value as well. We did a little test and it could drag his gladiator up a 10 degree grade without breaking a sweat.

Without a doubt it money wise it will give a prospective Warn purchaser a pause! Quiet, powerful and super bang for the buck!
Its a winner all the way around!
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top