392s in the wild...

OP
OP
U

Uncommon Sense

Reaction score
Current Rides
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Finally saw a 392 local to me in my town. A Sting Gray (non-xr).

HearHear

Reaction score
Current Rides
Lexus, Nissan, 392 Wrangler
Here in southwest Florida I’ve seen zero. None. My dealer claims he sold a few, but I haven’t seen any anywhere (besides my garage). Seen plenty of non 392 Wranglers, and Gladiators, tons of them, but no 392’s except mine. I’m not complaining, because it really makes me feel cool, unique.

Reaction score
Current Rides
2021 JLU Rubicon 392
Just curious how often others see 392s? I am in Chicago and saw my first 392 in the wild. I was driving through Indiana and saw a non-XR Hydro blue cruising briskly down 65. Had the 1941 side stripe. Hydro blue looks great in low light. I love the Sting Gray I ordered but Hydro Blue keeps calling me too. I couldn't tell if it was on 33s or 35s. It looked kind of imposing.

Every time I think I see a 392, it turns out to be a Mojave.
Funny story. The day I went to test out a sting gray diesel 2021 new rubicon at my local dealer…I was driving home thinking I wish the dealer had a 392 in stock…like magic I see headlights behind me (it’s was nighttime - knowing it was a JL) and I noticed a hood scoop…I slowed down and told my gf in the passenger seat “that’s either a Mojave or a 392”… low and behold it was a 392. I lower the window and signal the driver to do the same and I tell him “get on it one sec, I wanna hear that thing”… the guy did just that! The sound was intoxicating…factory ordered mine the next day! Haha. That was in October 2021. Saw 2 more in the Miami area from October till I took delivery in Jan 2022 (both sting gray)

byhumba

Founding Member
Jeep 392 of the Month
Reaction score
I finally saw a white one yesterday, Sunday, while driving my TJ Wrangler. I was getting off the freeway as the 392 was getting on the freeway.

Reactions: dog

taysby

Reaction score
Current Rides
Purchasing 392
I live in Southern Utah which is basically the jeep capital of the world (ok, moab is but it's close enough) and it's filled with retired people with way too much money and even I've seen one only like 5 times. And I think 3 of those times were the same dude haha

Spartan

Reaction score
Current Rides
2012 JKU Sahara, 1978 CJ5
I haven't seen a single one. My dealership told me they have only sold two; mine and one other. I am not sure if the other was even local although it was ordered the day before mine and was kept as a 2021 whereas mine was bumped to a 2022.

JEEPGEEK

Jeep 392 of the Month
Reaction score
Current Rides
1975 Jeep J20, String Gray 392 XR
Amazingly, out here in the middle of Wyoming I have seen another, Snazzberry XR, passed it on the road one day and then it was parked at a house at the end of my block on Saturday. As we were driving past, I really wanted to go knock on the door to see if they would be willing to talk Jeeps and compare ownership notes. My wife was less inclined lol.

YukonCornelius

Moderator 🛠️
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Rides
A Quarter Horse Named "Lex"
Saw another “exclusive” FE Bronco today. That’s 4 or 5. Have seen more than a dozen non-FE’s. But I STILL haven’t seen any 392’s Yet.

OP
OP
U

Uncommon Sense

Reaction score
Current Rides
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Saw another “exclusive” FE Bronco today. That’s 4 or 5. Have seen more than a dozen non-FE’s. But I STILL haven’t seen any 392’s Yet.

I've seen quite a few broncos including the first editions. I saw 2 door first edition the other day. Not going to lie, it looked great. I've seen three 392s now (all within the past month!) but have been looking for them since last summer.

392s are quite rare around here. Makes me feel good about the long term prospects of my purchase.

Asuperheat

Founding Member
Reaction score
I did a charity poker run last Saturday. There were 5 there including mine. All different color's. At this point I have seen every color except red locally. The White one I had seen previous was a sheriffs vehicle!

JeepnJam

Founding Member
Reaction score
A week after I picked mine up, I saw two parked next to each other outside my favorite hibachi restaurant. I have not seen another once since then. I commonly will see Mojave Gladiators thinking they are a 392…but then I see the bed and realize it’s not.
FDF4E24E-DAE0-4A39-975B-12C089127539.jpeg
48258FC6-8E9E-4C1D-89D5-837B08D76E69.jpeg
83ECDAB6-7302-49B2-A924-537677669E79.jpeg

BenLandry

Founding Member
Reaction score
I live north of Houston in Conroe, TX near The Woodlands. I have seen 5, all different colors. I have also seen several Broncos, couple already full of mods. They look like a reversed engineered Jeep to me. In fact, from a far I thought they were Jeeps. Same stance when lifted and larger tires. Very cool looking…just like Jeeps. I made sure they all knew I was in a 392 tho

Gnomad

Reaction score
Current Rides
2021 Jeep 392 XR 2019 Corvette Z06
I’ve yet to see one in South Charlotte. I wave at all Jeeps, so I’m looking! I did spot a 4XE just yesterday, have only seen 1/2 dozen or so of those.

I brought home my 2018 JLUR in January of that first year. Was about the only one on the road. Was fun watching the new JLs start appearing those first few months. 😎

Proptrash

Reaction score
Current Rides
2015 Jkur
Saw a white one yesterday. That makes 3 for me. Henderson Nv. Blue, green and white. Hopefully I’ll add a Sting to the Henderson mix soon. The Sarge Green is really nice on the 392. Much better in person imho. I’m second guessing my Sting choice after seeing Sarge, it’s badass. Sting is too. Damn.

OP
OP
U

Uncommon Sense

Reaction score
Current Rides
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Saw a hydroblue 392 day in my town up close. Looked great. Love the Sting Gray I ordered but that hydro blue looks phenomenal in low light.

It was a non-XR. The 392 looks very imposing in traffic. I was actually quite surprised how high it sits. It looked like a beast even on the 33s.

avery

Reaction score
Current Rides
'22 392 (AEV JL370)
Came across another AEV 392 while on the road today. We were both pleasantly surprised!

IMG_5650.jpeg

2022 Wrangler 392 - $6,000 OFF MSRP! Granger Motors