392 Price Increase

I just get irked when people think we can just make more oil here and that means prices go down.
Get irked.
More supply (if all that can be encouraged is US production alone then it should be done). Same demand US/Global. ----> Lower prices.

Get irked.
More supply (if all that can be encouraged is US production alone then it should be done). Same demand US/Global. ----> Lower prices.
Again, that's not how it works. Lets say Russia, Saudi, and us all produce 33.33 barrels a day. We up ours to 50 but each of them cut to 25. Do prices go down? Nope. They don't want cheap gas prices and will cut production to maintain prices. Again, it's a global market. We're just one player. It's a constant battle with OPEC when they up cut volume. 98% chance gas prices go up next year bc it's an election year for us, regardless what we do, and anyone with a brain will be able to look at why. Saudi will cut production to inflict pain on our economy to help a certain someone, the father in law of someone they just gave $2b to. It's going to happen and there's nothing we can do about it. And millions of people will sit back and blame POTUS for it. That's hilarious and sad to me at the same time.

Again, that's not how it works. Lets say Russia, Saudi, and us all produce 33.33 barrels a day. We up ours to 50 but each of them cut to 25. Do prices go down? Nope. They don't want cheap gas prices and will cut production to maintain prices. Again, it's a global market. We're just one player. It's a constant battle with OPEC when they up cut volume. 98% chance gas prices go up next year bc it's an election year for us, regardless what we do, and anyone with a brain will be able to look at why. Saudi will cut production to inflict pain on our economy to help a certain someone, the father in law of someone they just gave $2b to. It's going to happen and there's nothing we can do about it. And millions of people will sit back and blame POTUS for it. That's hilarious and sad to me at the same time.
Yeah, that's why is good when POTUS is respected by the world, doesn't start stupid wars, doesn't tell world leaders that he needs to go to bed, doesn't push idiotic green new deal on us, etc, etc.

Why do you enjoy letting floaters in this pool? Get irked somewhere else. Leave politics at the front door.

BTW, nobody cares about what you think about other's opinions, except yourself. Stop being so narcissistic.

Yeah, that's why is good when POTUS is respected by the world, doesn't start stupid wars, doesn't tell world leaders that he needs to go to bed, doesn't push idiotic green new deal on us, etc, etc.

Why do you enjoy letting floaters in this pool? Get irked somewhere else. Leave politics at the front door.

BTW, nobody cares about what you think about other's opinions, except yourself. Stop being so narcissistic.
I'd be upset to learn the truth after mainlining Fox News, too. I get it. Have a good day, man.

I just get irked when people think we can just make more oil
Again, not a political response, but an observation... "Oil as a fossil fuel" t is the biggest lie this administration is pushing, like many before it. Oil is not a fossil fuel. It is a chemical process. Oil is not in limited quantity, it can be created. If it has carbon, it can be made into oil. We do it EVERY day, with even the simplest carbon based algea. This is where I take issue with the EV push. We can get darn near-zero emissions from ICE. Why not focus there? Why not find more ways to create oil? Why not continue stiving for perfect efficiency? Why make mandates that ICE vehicles will not be sold or manufactured after "X" date? Why? Because it IS political. Bureaucrats control the narrative. The narrative controls us.

Like everything in this world, it should be about supply and demand... but in the modern world of "big oil" we are beholden to whatever OPEC says. Want to fix oil prices? Get rid of OPEC.

Wow. Just wow.
I mean you make it sound so simple. It's not. It's a very complex issue. Here's a long article about when things got nasty a year ago.

I mean in a perfect world the US govt would take over the US oil companies and we'd just have our own little oil market that we completely controlled and prices were always low and didn't fluctuate much. We all know that's not realistic so we're left with reality of a global market we don't control.

Or we figure out a way to not be dependent on a select few countries. I don't care what the tech is, but we shouldn't have to rely on Saudi and Russia to play ball.

Didn't mean to get this deep into things again. It's just amazing to me how many people think POTUS is pulling the levers behind gas prices. It's incredible how dumb the media has made so many people. People really judge the economy off gas prices. That's hilarious and sad.

It's incredible how dumb the media has made so many people.

That's one thing we can agree with. Your nonstop posts on this topic are proof of that.

Go enjoy your 392 (unless that's a lie too), and stop pushing your "wisdom" on others. There are other forums for that.

Last edited:
That's one thing we can agree with. Your nonstop posts on this topic are proof of that.

Go enjoy your 392 (unless that's a lie too), and stop pushing your "wisdom" on others. There are other forums for that.
You really seem upset about this. We've had similar conversations many times on this board with no issue. Mostly a good back and forth and learning from others. Maybe just hit the ignore button bc I'm not going to follow your directions. It's funny you're barking orders, honestly.

1694639863217.gif

I'm sure you have figured out how to do that, too.
Actually it's freshman level economics.... the more oil you produce that is not controlled by OPEC, the more you reduce their ability to control the price.

Gutting domestic production, while throwing your hands up declaring "oh well, it's a global market" is a sham that only fools believe.

Actually it's freshman level economics.... the more oil you produce that is not controlled by OPEC, the more you reduce their ability to control the price.

Gutting domestic production, while throwing your hands up declaring "oh well, it's a global market" is a sham that only fools believe.
We can't produce enough to overcome OPEC. We just can't. We're #1 now and we're still reliant on the others to play ball.

We haven't gutted anything. Stop believing Fox News. Numbers don't lie.

Instead, while the United States’ reliance on OPEC for oil imports has diminished, the country’s fuel market is still dependent on decisions made at the oil cartel’s meetings in Vienna — no matter how much oil comes out of U.S. shale fields.

U.S. oil production is forecast to average an all-time high of 12.8 million barrels a day this year and keep growing to 13.1 million in 2024, the federal Energy Information Administration said in its latest forecast. That’s up from the most recent trough of 5 million barrels a day in 2008, and probably enough to help the U.S. to keep its title as the No. 1 global crude oil producer.

1694641481298.png

Math is r___st!

We can't produce enough to overcome OPEC. We just can't. We're #1 now and we're still reliant on the others to play ball

The title of this very insightful article: "The U.S. is pumping oil faster than ever. Republicans don’t care." And yet no word on the New Green Deal agenda, a stupid war with the country that was supplying EU with gas (which btw, when another POTUS criticized, he was called names), and calling Saudis criminals just prior meeting them.

This is what "I'm here to learn and exchange ideas" means for someone that will call anyone that dares to disagree "angry, lacking a brain, etc.

So sad we have these attention seekers that hijack threads for sheer trolling. Adding @dblplay1212 to the ignore list.

Last edited:
I see y'all glossed over numbers you don't like and will continue with the narrative you want to be true. I'm shocked.

The title of this very insightful article: "The U.S. is pumping oil faster than ever. Republicans don’t care." And yet no word on the New Green Deal agenda, a stupid war with the country that was supplying EU with gas (which btw, when another POTUS criticized, he was called names), and calling Saudis criminals just prior meeting them.

This is what "I'm here to learn and exchange ideas" means for someone that will call anyone that dares to disagree "angry, lacking a brain, etc.

So sad we have those attention seekers that hijack threads for sheer trolling. Adding @dblplay1212 to the ignore list.
1. We're not at war.
2. Saudis are criminals.
3. We all know you won't.

Back