37” tires

Putting 37x12.5x17 Nittos on mine this weekend. Going with stock wheels for now, but will probably swap in something else when the wallet agrees.
your a brave man running 37x12.5 on a 7.5 wheel with 470hp, don't weave through traffic on the highway at high speeds.

Installed 37-12.50x17 Goodrich KM3s mounted on 17x8.5 Hutchinson RockMonster dual beadlock wheels on my 'Expedition System'. No rubbing or "hitting" anywhere so far. Waiting on the Mopar aftermarket spare tire carrier to mount the spare and see how that works.

I looked and didn't see any black Hutchinsons for a JL, now you are a man with taste and brains. Looks like there will be a deal on a set of black Borah's here shortly.

Found this surfing the web awhile back. It has great pics showing what a 392 sitting with 37's on 20's looks like

From the description:
Fuel 20x10 Rebel Wheels.
37x12.50x20 Toyo open Country M/T tires.

Nice find. Good visual for me as I will be installing a similar set up next week.

I looked and didn't see any black Hutchinsons for a JL, now you are a man with taste and brains. Looks like there will be a deal on a set of black Borah's here shortly.
Just Found this (maybe for a second time) so in case I didn't respond earlier... Check out Northridge 4x4, they have several different styles of Hutchinsons for Jeeps as well as other vehicles.

You should have asked, that is the identical set up I have sitting in my garage 50 ft away.

What do you want to see? I would be happy to take some pics for you.

I did extensive R&D with a 392 and a Gladiator involving wheels, tires, wheel spacers, as when any new model comes out you have to find the right LOOK for a Jeep.

35 years of messing with Jeeps and I must say the JL/JT is not only the most capable of all the Jeeps but Jeep is listening to the consumers and not only giving them what they want, they are keeping the "extras" out of the third parties pockets as much as can be expected.

20 years ago I would buy a Jeep and plan on spending another 10k min on making int a Jeep, I can do the same thing now for more like 3-4k max. 10 was the min.

So hats off they have effectively lowered the price of the Jeep by 6k which makes up for part of the increase in the base cost.

I am way ok with that.

20's look badass but they ride hard, I would stick with an 18.

While, like everyone else, I have not seen actual vehicle - current Rubicon JL's with mopar 2 inch lift run 37x13.50 with no rubbing. That will ultimately be my plan - just depends on how long factory tires last...LOL
37x12,50 no problem, 13.5 yes problem depends on wheel width and offset

just remember if a 20x 8or 9 vs 20 x 10 and then a 13.5 thats a lot of footprint you dont want a Jeep that looks cool but hunts a lot. No thanks

17 or 18 doesnt matter

I chatted with Les Schwab guys and they said 37” will be too wide for the 17” stock wheel. He recommends a wheel with a bit of an offset. What do you all think?
Did you get this answer? I just got my 392 extreme recon with 35” and hope with the extra small lift of the ER i can trade the 35” for 37” the BF Goodrich K2 “Cheeto” tires pick up too many rocks hate them. How did your situation work out? Thanks

Did you get this answer? I just got my 392 extreme recon with 35” and hope with the extra small lift of the ER i can trade the 35” for 37” the BF Goodrich K2 “Cheeto” tires pick up too many rocks hate them. How did your situation work out? Thanks
I have 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers on my 392 on stock wheels. I had some very minor rubbing in the rear of the front fender wells when turning. I added offset shims and no rubbing at all any more DURING NORMAL DRIVING. They do however rub the inside upper edge of the fenders during articulation off-road. You can see what I'm talking about on the rear tire in this picture. It's not a major issue and I've decided to live with it as I'm not interested in adding a taller lift.

BB918199-9AAF-45CE-9A33-76FE49F999CF_1_201_a.jpeg

@MTJeeper is that a LineXed JK in your profile pic? I had a 2012 that I had the exterior LineXed - best decision I ever made, couldn't scratch that thing with a hammer!

@MTJeeper is that a LineXed JK in your profile pic? I had a 2012 that I had the exterior LineXed - best decision I ever made, couldn't scratch that thing with a hammer!
Rubitrux built the JK and really do like the line X , I’m keeping it for the off-road local trips. It’s been ran pretty hard. The new 392 for my wife , I can’t leave it alone. Thanks for the input on the 37” tires. How about performance with the 37” vs the stock 35” ? And thoughts? I have 150 miles on it and could just trade the tires. The JK on Nito mud grappler 37” gets a bit loud and wiggles a bit on the black top. Wife say “don’t reck the 392”

Rubitrux built the JK and really do like the line X , I’m keeping it for the off-road local trips. It’s been ran pretty hard. The new 392 for my wife , I can’t leave it alone. Thanks for the input on the 37” tires. How about performance with the 37” vs the stock 35” ? And thoughts? I have 150 miles on it and could just trade the tires. The JK on Nito mud grappler 37” gets a bit loud and wiggles a bit on the black top. Wife say “don’t reck the 392”
The Trail Grapplers are pretty smooth, I don't get any on-road squirreliness or excessive sound, the engine easily drowns out any tire noise from the Trail Grapplers. Performance is great, but obviously with the 37" tires she won't have the same acceleration as 33's. I average 13mpg in the city and 15 on the highway with these tires.

I'm very happy with my Goodrich KM3s, very smooth, low noise and great handeling.

20's look badass but they ride hard, I would stick with an 18.
Agreed on both counts! My 2020 Rubicon had 20s and 35" Ridge Grapplers and I am shocked by how much smoother the stock 35s on 17s ride on the 392! Still debating 38x12.50s (or maybe just 37s) and see if that makes it better or worse.

I've never been able to figure out people who put 20" rims on a Wrangler... :unsure:

I've never been able to figure out people who put 20" rims on a Wrangler... :unsure:
There's nothing to figure out. It looks GOOD and not everyone is going to spend every weekend at Moab (and I suspect that probably includes you). 35s-37s on 20s aren't as terrible as you might think with the right air pressure.

My PW with 35s on stock 17" rims, it goes off-road (but not through tight spaces! :ROFLMAO:) occasionally but big meaty rubber just looks a whole lot better to me. Not hating, to each his own.

Attachments

• PW35s.jpg
    PW35s.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 50
So if I'm understanding this thread, I should be able to combine 20 X 18 with -18 offset wheel, with a Nitto tire size of 37 or 38 inchs on my wifes soon to be 392 WITHOUT having to add a lift. Also understanding that while driving on straight and level pavement I wont have any rub.

Are those statements correct?

Lastly if that is correct, would I be able to fit 40 inch tires without a lift, or is that pushing it?

Back