Sarge Green 392XR AEV JL370 Conversion

392OVRLND

Reaction score
Current Rides
2023 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370
Figured I’d start a build thread.

I ordered a Sarge Green 392XR back in late August through Glendale Dodge Chrysler Jeep (thanks to Jackson Ellis for such a smooth process and outstanding customer service).

Jackson had the Jeep shipped from the factory to AEV for their JL370 conversion, and once AEV is finished, I’ll pick it up at their HQ and drive it back home to Colorado, which will crush that break-in period fast.

I have some things planned beyond the AEV goodies, as well.

Currently, the Jeep is under the knife at AEV HQ.

Here's how my order progress went, for those curious.

i-XsgFnb3-XL.png

The Jeep didn't have to go far from the factory to the local Michigan AEV dealer that it was diverted to while it waited to be transported to AEV HQ. It was marked as built on 12/7/2022 and was showing as delivered on 12/10/2022.

On December 20th, my buddy at AEV confirmed they had received it by sending over this picture. I guess they had already had it for a few days by that point, since you can see the AEV badge on the fender below the antenna, and he mentioned that the interior bits were already removed (I'm having the dash painted Sarge Green to match the exterior).

i-nkFc32L-XL.jpg

Yesterday, my buddy at AEV sent me these pictures. Things are happening fast! I need to get on a few things I need to do to the outgoing Jeep before driving it out to California to trade it in (tire rotation, oil change, detail inside and out).

i-p3BL2VW-X2.jpg

i-TVNdTvH-X2.jpg

i-x657WRc-X2.jpg

I hope I don't kick myself later for giving up Sarge to get Sting.

I can't wait to see pics of this right when they're done with it.

I hope I don't kick myself later for giving up Sarge to get Sting.

I can't wait to see pics of this right when they're done with it.

I'm still bitter they didn't offer the 392 in Hella Yella.

Figured I’d start a build thread.

I ordered a Sarge Green 392XR back in late August through Glendale Dodge Chrysler Jeep (thanks to Jackson Ellis for such a smooth process and outstanding customer service).

Jackson had the Jeep shipped from the factory to AEV for their JL370 conversion, and once AEV is finished, I’ll pick it up at their HQ and drive it back home to Colorado, which will crush that break-in period fast.

I have some things planned beyond the AEV goodies, as well.

Currently, the Jeep is under the knife at AEV HQ.

Here's how my order progress went, for those curious.

i-XsgFnb3-XL.png

The Jeep didn't have to go far from the factory to the local Michigan AEV dealer that it was diverted to while it waited to be transported to AEV HQ. It was marked as built on 12/7/2022 and was showing as delivered on 12/10/2022.
Got my 392 XR recon from Jackson Ellis as well. As far as California dealerships, this is the only jeep dealer I could find that is not out to screw you on ADMs.

Last edited:
Got my 392 XR recon from Jackson Ellis as well. As far as California dealerships, this is the only jeep dealer I could find that is an out to screw you on ATDMs.

As for dealerships anywhere across the country, Jackson / Glendale is one of the best there is!

Well, pickup day is getting closer!

My friends at AEV sent over these pictures today!

i-CDpk49R-XL.jpg

Peek closely and you'll see the AEV springs and the Bilstein 8100s that are tuned for the spring rate.

i-6bNHkmk-XL.jpg

Rear suspension...

i-KkZCLpW-XL.jpg

i-qR4qvgF-XL.jpg

i-mNpCnQR-XL.jpg

i-4HsQw9b-XL.jpg

i-b6qhHXZ-XL.jpg

i-jQ8bH2p-XL.jpg

JL370 remains the best all around aftermarket look to me. I was going to send mine straight there but decided to give it some time. Its a gem (with XR) from the factory so its been fun but mine will find its way for the same package in 2023. Congrats. Looks amazing

Excited for you! It looks great and will be a blast to drive home!

Approximately what does a package like that cost?
If you go all out with JL370 (lift + bumpers), lights, gas carrier, mud flaps, color match wheels, etc, it's about $23k-25k, depending on what all you get. I want it but it's a big bill and you're without your Jeep for 4-6 weeks + transport time. I want it but hard to pull the trigger.

Approximately what does a package like that cost?

They have a configurator with pricing on their website. It’s not for the faint of heart. Mine as configured was near $27K.

If you go all out with JL370 (lift + bumpers), lights, gas carrier, mud flaps, color match wheels, etc, it's about $23k-25k, depending on what all you get. I want it but it's a big bill and you're without your Jeep for 4-6 weeks + transport time. I want it but hard to pull the trigger.
Wow that seems steep for a lift, wheels, tires, and bumpers. And they get to keep all the takeoff parts?! Can do a king coilover setup for that much $. I paid less than half of that for my set up (minus the bumpers). The sale of my takeoff parts paid for all the labor, and that doesn’t include the XR rims I’m still running. And my shop only had my 392 for 5 days.

Wow that seems steep for a lift, wheels, tires, and bumpers. And they get to keep all the takeoff parts?! Can do a king coilover setup for that much $. I paid less than half of that for my set up (minus the bumpers). The sale of my takeoff parts paid for all the labor, and that doesn’t include the XR rims I’m still running. And my shop only had my 392 for 5 days.

Agreed, but with AEV your factory warranty is not impacted, that’s worth something.

Thanks for the information. You have to be a pretty dedicated off road guy to justify that kind of coin, but hey, your money, your Jeep.

Back