Wrangler 392 Flat tow?

I flat tow mine regularly we well. I have the Blue OX base plate, factory front bumper, Warn 10S winch. all fits well. I also run the factory front skid which I waded to slot to make the Blue Ox base plate tabs clear. Been through the Rubicon with it.

1758562685707.webp
 
I wanted to add a final comment to this thread for those towing 392's behind their RV's and wanting to save fuel on their rig plus wear and tear on their 392. Here is how, even though many have shared great success towing their 392 here is something you can do to make it even better.

 
I have a question for those flat towing the 392. Are you using the Demco Air Force one braking system? If so where did you mount the control box?
 
Has anyone found an aftermarket front bumper that is qualified for flat tow? I have an LOD on 2018 JL and have towed that behind an RV many times from Tx to FL and back.
Next Venture Bumpers are rated to flat tow, the D-rings are mounted directly to the frame, and the bumper goes over the top, so your not pulling on the bumper itself, and Blue Ox makes a D-ring adapters in a couple different sizes for their tow bars. If zoom in to the pic you can the rings I added on the bottom of the D-rings for the safety cables, and I hide my plug for the lights in the bottom driver lower skid plate.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4840.webp
    IMG_4840.webp
    182.6 KB · Views: 6
I have AEV front bumper which I can install the D rings to the frame. The only issue is with the height and angle of the tow bar. I am going to install the Roadmaster baseplate. I just looking at a good spot to install the Demco Airforce one control box for the braking system. I do like your bumper and D ring set.
 
I have AEV front bumper which I can install the D rings to the frame. The only issue is with the height and angle of the tow bar. I am going to install the Roadmaster baseplate. I just looking at a good spot to install the Demco Airforce one control box for the braking system. I do like your bumper and D ring set.
I had a certified welder friend of mine make a custom adapter to raise my hitch on the back of my RV almost 24", Sorry I don't have a pic.
 
I have a question for those flat towing the 392. Are you using the Demco Air Force one braking system? If so where did you mount the control box?
I don't have the Air Force One but have the Stay n Play and assume they have similar control boxes. I cut down the mounting legs underneath the fuse box and mounted the control box on top of the fuse box with velcro.
.
 
I don't have the Air Force One but have the Stay n Play and assume they have similar control boxes. I cut down the mounting legs underneath the fuse box and mounted the control box on top of the fuse box with velcro.
.
Yeah they are pretty much the same thing. Good Idea I’ll check it out Thanks 👍
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top