What is the warranty on a 392?

stumblinhorse

Reaction score
Current Rides
2021 JLUR 392
I thought I would be out of warranty after 3/36. But maybe the power train is 5/60. Anyone know for sure. Engine/trans/t-case et all is cover in powertrain? I have to keep up with the ridiculous maintenance schedule and fluid recommendations for 2 more years? To keep my warranty?

I thought I would be out of warranty after 3/36. But maybe the power train is 5/60. Anyone know for sure. Engine/trans/t-case et all is cover in powertrain? I have to keep up with the ridiculous maintenance schedule and fluid recommendations for 2 more years? To keep my warranty?
Bumper to bumper 3/36
Powertrain 5/60

Yes you would have to do the recommended service intervals otherwise they can deny your warranty claim if it’s linked to a lack of required maintenance. You should have a warranty supplement that came with your 392.

From the warranty supplement:

E. PARTS COVERED
The Powertrain Limited Warranty covers these parts and components of your vehicle's powertrain supplied by FCA US LLC:
NOTE:
MANUAL TRANSMISSION CLUTCH PARTS ARE NOT COVERED UNDER THE POWERTRAIN LIMITED WARRANTY.
Diesel Engine
Cylinder block and all internal parts; cylinder head assemblies; core plugs; fuel injection pump and injectors; intake and exhaust manifolds; oil pan; oil pump; timing gear drive belts and/or chains and cover; turbocharger housing and internal parts; valve covers; water pump and housing; and seals and gaskets for listed components; glow plugs and all sensors.
Transmission
Transmission case and all internal parts; torque converter; drive/flex plate; transmission range switch; speed sensors; pressure sensors; transmission control module; bell housing; oil pan; and seals and gaskets for listed components only.
Front-Wheel Drive (FWD)
Transaxle case and all internal parts; axle shaft assemblies; constant velocity joints and boots; differential cover; oil pan; transaxle speed sensors; transaxle solenoid assembly; PRNDL position switch; transaxle electronic controller; torque converter; and seals and gaskets for listed components only.

All-Wheel Drive (AWD)
Power transfer unit and all internal parts; viscous coupler; axle housing and all internal parts; constant velocity joints and boots; driveshaft and axle shaft assemblies; differential carrier assembly and all internal parts; output ball bearing; output flange; end cover; overrunning clutch; vacuum motor; torque tube; pinion spacer and shim; and seals and gaskets for listed components only.
Rear-Wheel Drive (RWD)
Rear axle housing and all internal parts; axle shafts; axle shaft bearings; drive shaft assemblies; drive shaft center bearings; universal joints and yokes; and seals and gaskets for listed components only.
WHAT IS COVERED UNDER FCA US LLC'S WARRANTIES 11 Four-Wheel Drive (4WD)
Transfer case and all internal parts; transfer case control module and shift mode motor assembly; axle housing and all internal parts; axle shafts; axle shaft bearings; drive shafts assemblies (front and rear); drive shaft center bearings; universal joints and yokes; disconnect housing assembly; and seals and gaskets for the listed components only.
F. OTHER PROVISIONS OF THIS POWERTRAIN LIMITED WARRANTY
For all other terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty that apply to the Powertrain Limited Warranty refer to "section 1" (Your Legal Rights Under These Limited Warranties), and "section 3" (What Is Not Covered), for further information.

3.3. MAINTENANCECOSTSNOTCOVERED
Your warranties do not cover the costs of repairing damage caused by poor or improper maintenance. Nor do they cover damage caused by the use of contaminated fuels, or by the use of fuels, oils, lubricants, cleaners or fluids other than those recommended in your Owner’s Manual.

Back