What did you do to your Jeep 392 today? šŸ› ļø

Added some accessories from Azuto:
1. Azuto Rear window trench hood $80: which is a strip of Cordura waterproof nylon that blocks water from running off the rear tailgate window when you open it. Very well made, it fit perfectly and it's all tucked in and hidden with a crease that allows it to fold up when the window is closed. Made in Japan.
Screen Shot 2024-05-03 at 10.56.06 AM.png

2. Azuto Rear defogger cable cover $40: This trim pice covers the rear cables and gives it a more finished look. More of an appearance item, but it did help relieve some tension on the defogger cable by lowering the bracket and giving it more slack. Also it fits in well with the trench hood. Made in China.
Screen Shot 2024-05-03 at 2.29.00 PM.png

3. Azuto Cup holder coaster $10: Adds a rubber mat to the cup holders. Nice design that takes into account the position of the cup holder LED lights in the center and doesn't block them, also has nice built-in pull tab. Should make cleaning the cupholders a bit easier by being able to remove these coasters and washing them off in the sink. It tries to copy the 'galvanized' pattern used on the JL OEM rubber parts. It's close but not exactly the same, but it's good enough. Made in China.
Screen Shot 2024-05-04 at 2.04.08 AM.png

Found these on the Dirt Road Cred youtube channel.

Last edited:
Added some accessories from Azuto:
1. Azuto Rear window trench hood $80: which is a strip of Cordura waterproof nylon that blocks water from running off the rear tailgate window when you open it. Very well made, it fit perfectly and it's all tucked in and hidden with a crease that allows it to fold up when the window is closed. Made in Japan.
View attachment 34969
2. Azuto Rear defogger cable cover $40: This trim pice covers the rear cables and gives it a more finished look. More of an appearance item, but it did help relieve some tension on the defogger cable by lowering the bracket and giving it more slack. Also it fits in well with the trench hood. Made in China.
View attachment 34970
3. Azuto Cup holder coaster $10: Adds a rubber mat to the cup holders. Nice design that takes into account the position of the cup holder LED lights in the center and doesn't block them, also has nice built-in pull tab. Should make cleaning the cupholders a bit easier by being able to remove these coasters and washing them off in the sink. It tries to copy the 'galvanized' pattern used on the JL OEM rubber parts. It's close but not exactly the same, but it's good enough. Made in China.
View attachment 34971
Found these on the Dirt Road Cred youtube channel.
My buddy had the defogger cable covers installed on his when we met at JB. I liked them and ordered while we were there and installed after I cleaned her up when we got back. They were fine while in the garage but I left it sitting outside in the sun yesterday while doing some stuff in the garage and when I opened the back today I noticed they were coming loose. I had used alcohol pads to prep but the tape was still stuck to the window but coming loose from the cover itself šŸ¤¦ I hope you have better luck. I told my friend to watch his as well. Maybe I got some made on a Friday lol. I just ordered the coasters you mentioned and looking at the hoodšŸ‘

Washed up. Spent last weekend exploring around Pisgah. Think itā€™s the dirtiest the Jeeps ever been.

View attachment 34977
View attachment 34978
View attachment 34979
View attachment 34980
Wow, you have done so much work to the interior of your jeep. Everything really looks excellent. How much work was swapping out the leather dash panels? They seem to be pretty pricey to buy and it looks like there's a hell of a lot of work to installing them.

I love everything you have done to your vehicle! I haven't seen the 392 steering wheel before that I can remember. What is involved with the center emblem in particular? Can that be adapted to a stock wheel?

Itā€™s not a ton of work to swap the dash panels. Thereā€™s a couple YouTube videos that show whatā€™s involved.

The airbag cover can be bought from MHF, however you gotta be comfortable removing the airbag and then the cover that exposes the packed airbag. MHF has a plethora of designs.

Installed a few things recently.

Some real carbon fiber pieces: Hood scoop, rear bumper tray, and license plate frame.
View attachment 34912
View attachment 34913

Headrest grab handles
View attachment 34914

Color matched fuel door
View attachment 34915

And the Banks iDash and Stealth Pod. Really useful gauge and super clean fit.
View attachment 34916
View attachment 34917
I have been looking for a carbon hood scoop. Can you let me know where you found it, Please and thank you!!!

I have been looking for a carbon hood scoop. Can you let me know where you found it, Please and thank you!!!

Itā€™s not a ton of work to swap the dash panels. Thereā€™s a couple YouTube videos that show whatā€™s involved.

The airbag cover can be bought from MHF, however you gotta be comfortable removing the airbag and then the cover that exposes the packed airbag. MHF has a plethora of designs.
Damn, those 392 accessories are expensive. Just the airbag covers $350. The dash panels are super expensive as well. I'm gonna have to hold off and add this to my Christmas list.

I watched a few of the dash panel swap videos that you suggested, looks pretty involved in like a lot of parts either break or fall behind the dash. Did you have any solution to any of those issues?

Damn, those 392 accessories are expensive. Just the airbag covers $350. The dash panels are super expensive as well. I'm gonna have to hold off and add this to my Christmas list.

I watched a few of the dash panel swap videos that you suggested, looks pretty involved in like a lot of parts either break or fall behind the dash. Did you have any solution to any of those issues?
Use a trim tool and go slow. Nothing broke for me or fell behind.

If any of the videos tell you to remove the radio, you donā€™t have to.

Got the GMRS45 radio plugged in and tested, created my FCC FRN and should be good to go soon.

Distinction Applied is another reputable company that has a ton of Mopar custom painted accessories to include dash panels. They arenā€™t cheap either but their work is good. I have some of their exterior products on my 392 and on my TRX

Sorry! One more question, is this part a total replacement, or just a cover? Thank you!

Sorry! One more question, is this part a total replacement, or just a cover? Thank you!
Total replacement sort of. They use some overlay process for the stock piece, but you get shipped the entire piece to swap out. Doesnā€™t appear you can just pull the cf part off.

Mounted and installed a set of KC Cyclone amber LEDs to be used as chase lights. I embedded them within the liftgate hinge covers, and I think they integrate pretty well.

IMG_8238.jpeg

IMG_8239.jpeg

IMG_8241.jpeg

IMG_8243.jpeg

IMG_8263.jpeg

IMG_8244.jpeg

IMG_8264.jpeg

IMG_8266.jpeg

A few more details and pics in my build thread (link below). Plan to wire them up in a week or two when all of the rest of the parts arrive.

https://www.jeep392.com/threads/matts-392-build.2114/post-62602

That looks like it's going to be a fun project! Where does the main unit mount under the hood?
Iā€™m excited to clean this all up for sure! The ā€˜brainā€™ mounts right where the mess of relays is at the bottom left of the pic under the hood. Thereā€™s a different mount for the 6.4 / diesel engines vs the 3.6 and 2.0. Iā€™m still waiting for the mount to arrive.

Back