What did you do to your Jeep 392 today? 🛠️

Also surprisingly close to the factory tow hook so may not work with the Maximus, but don’t know for sure.
good to know, I’ll hold off ordering the hooks until I see the exhaust on and up close.

Received the BrawlerFab Tazer Shield and installed it onto the Jeep's Tazer Mini. It is temporarily being held in place by velcro until I can obtain suitable hardware to secure it to the metal cross member under the dash. I'm thinking about drilling a countersunk hole in the base of the shield and securing it to the metal piece using a machine screw with a taperd head so it mounts flush to the inside of the base. I'll reply to this post with photos and description of what I do to secure the shield to the cross member after I get it done.
Is that a metal box for Tazer Mini?

Attachments

• IMG_3852.jpeg
    IMG_3852.jpeg
    131.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3853.jpeg
    IMG_3853.jpeg
    199.8 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3855.jpeg
    IMG_3855.jpeg
    335.3 KB · Views: 57
Received the BrawlerFab Tazer Shield and installed it onto the Jeep's Tazer Mini. It is temporarily being held in place by velcro until I can obtain suitable hardware to secure it to the metal cross member under the dash. I'm thinking about drilling a countersunk hole in the base of the shield and securing it to the metal piece using a machine screw with a taperd head so it mounts flush to the inside of the base. I'll reply to this post with photos and description of what I do to secure the shield to the cross member after I get it done.
In my previous post I stated that I would provide photos of where I placed the Tazer Mini in its Shield once I had it mounted. Unfortunately, the mounting location is not visible to take a photo. However, I did find a suitable place to mount it with some stick on velcro pieces that is easily accessible if you know where it is at.

In my previous post I stated that I would provide photos of where I placed the Tazer Mini in its Shield once I had it mounted. Unfortunately, the mounting location is not visible to take a photo. However, I did find a suitable place to mount it with some stick on velcro pieces that is easily accessible if you know where it is at.
Got my Shield installed this am. Not much point in trying to hide it, as the harness is short. Bolted it to the lower dash crossmember. Put some foam tape in it to prevent rattles. Out of sight with the knee bolster in place.
tazer box.jpg

Got my Shield installed this am. Not much point in trying to hide it, as the harness is short. Bolted it to the lower dash crossmember. Put some foam tape in it to prevent rattles. Out of sight with the knee bolster in place.View attachment 15468
What's the purpose of this shield? I'm not understanding what it's suppose to do.

Second oil change at 8k. Right on the 6 months mark, still 23% oil life since my first change. Pretty much the same process except I used yellow Teflon on the drain bolt. Replaced the dark with gold :cool:

Attachments

• 1EC60F93-C2B5-4FE5-B803-EFD83F8627CA.jpeg
    1EC60F93-C2B5-4FE5-B803-EFD83F8627CA.jpeg
    362.3 KB · Views: 60
  • A02253D7-4BF3-450F-AF5D-E1405399F236.jpeg
    A02253D7-4BF3-450F-AF5D-E1405399F236.jpeg
    209.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 4E59BF66-2038-4FE9-B994-92C485CCD477.jpeg
    4E59BF66-2038-4FE9-B994-92C485CCD477.jpeg
    138.4 KB · Views: 61
Installed the Body Armor spare tire delete kit, took 3 hours moving at a decent pace, but happy with the results, and was amazed how much the mopar hardware bits weights as I took off the factory ensemble. Definitely like the kit and it’s well built/designed.
CBD3EC95-58D1-4D01-8D2B-3C1A95EFC89E.jpeg

Installed the Body Armor spare tire delete kit, took 3 hours moving at a decent pace, but happy with the results, and was amazed how much the mopar hardware bits weights as I took off the factory ensemble. Definitely like the kit and it’s well built/designed. View attachment 15659
Totally agree. I used the same kit from Body Guard for the spare tire delete. Looks like a typo . . . bumper is Body Armor?

What is that exhaust?

If the Tazer is unplugged or removed the PIN lock feature is disabled. The shield prevents the connectors from being removed.
Does this completely protect from having a thief disconnect the Tazer? Is there any possibility of defeating this system by, for example, removing other wire connectors not protected by the shield? If not, then this appears to be a killer app for the Tazer.

Does this completely protect from having a thief disconnect the Tazer? Is there any possibility of defeating this system by, for example, removing other wire connectors not protected by the shield? If not, then this appears to be a killer app for the Tazer.
I can't comprehensively say that as there is ALWAYS a way around something but the way I see it, it is another step in theft prevention via a drive away. It does give reasonable protection from a quick disconnect/removal of the Tazer unit which would allow it to be defeated. On my vehicle this is one of many deterrents that I have implemented for a drive off. However there is nothing short of an anchor chain that can prevent a tow away.

I can't comprehensively say that as there is ALWAYS a way around something but the way I see it, it is another step in theft prevention via a drive away. It does give reasonable protection from a quick disconnect/removal of the Tazer unit which would allow it to be defeated. On my vehicle this is one of many deterrents that I have implemented for a drive off. However there is nothing short of an anchor chain that can prevent a tow away.
True, even an anchor chain can be ground off.
I'm using a Mobilistics relay in place of the starter relay along with Rugged Ridge hood locks. Requires carrying an extra fob, hood lock keys, and making one fob press on startup. Total cost of about $200 with the added benefit of keeping creeps from getting under the hood. Seems like this will defeat most opportunistic criminals. My 392 won't start and they won't be able to get under the hood. They can take tools to the hood/locks and swap out the Mobilistics relay with an OEM. Getting into the realm of towing/anchors.

Trying to compare that with the cost and benefits of the Tazer approach. No fob or extra keys to carry, which is nice. Additional uses for the Tazer, for sure, which is a big positive. Easy to enter a PIN- nice. But if most of the POS's trying to steal my 392 can easily defeat it, then it looses a bit of it's value. Have heard that the shield only protects the Tazer from being messed with, but leaves the rest of the cabling vulnerable. If so, this wouldn't give me as much confidence as my current approach. Wouldn't want a bunch of forum members entering PINs for years only to find out that a 5-second trick defeats all of their efforts.

True, even an anchor chain can be ground off.
I'm using a Mobilistics relay in place of the starter relay along with Rugged Ridge hood locks. Requires carrying an extra fob, hood lock keys, and making one fob press on startup. Total cost of about $200 with the added benefit of keeping creeps from getting under the hood. Seems like this will defeat most opportunistic criminals. My 392 won't start and they won't be able to get under the hood. They can take tools to the hood/locks and swap out the Mobilistics relay with an OEM. Getting into the realm of towing/anchors.

Trying to compare that with the cost and benefits of the Tazer approach. No fob or extra keys to carry, which is nice. Additional uses for the Tazer, for sure, which is a big positive. Easy to enter a PIN- nice. But if most of the POS's trying to steal my 392 can easily defeat it, then it looses a bit of it's value. Have heard that the shield only protects the Tazer from being messed with, but leaves the rest of the cabling vulnerable. If so, this wouldn't give me as much confidence as my current approach. Wouldn't want a bunch of forum members entering PINs for years only to find out that a 5-second trick defeats all of their efforts.
So do you think simply cutting the wires would allow the Jeep to be started and driven away? What happens if the leads are not plugged into anything?

Totally agree. I used the same kit from Body Guard for the spare tire delete. Looks like a typo . . . bumper is Body Armor?

What is that exhaust?
Yes haha sorry, BodyGuard is the delete, bumper is BA. The exhaust is built by GThaus, whom have the contract w mopar to design/build their exhausts across several lines. They make a titanium version too which I’ve run on my racer builds in the past; everything is perfect and the sound, generally, is unparalleled in many applications, to include the 392, if you like bark/bite and howl up top. It’s not a muted low rumble like the OEM or the more commodity offerings, it’s more like a pissed off hellcat, with lots of burbles and pops on engine-loaded deceration etc. ties into factor valve operation and is amazingly quiet until your romp on it or run w valves open per dash button. It’s both quieter and louder than the stock exhaust, flows better, and looks the part. You can get black too, and 3-4 different tip options. I chose carbon fiber.

So do you think simply cutting the wires would allow the Jeep to be started and driven away? What happens if the leads are not plugged into anything?
I have 0% experience with the setup but I suspect you are 100% correct. If they know what they are looking for (most are dumbass POS, of course), it's a quick cut and go. Would like to hear from someone with >0% experience, of course.

This was @Boosted response on the TRX forum:
The reason we don’t include instructions telling you where to mount it is so everyone can “position” it where they want. The idea is to make it “disappear” under the dash so a potential thief can’t find it quickly and cut wires. With the current update, this would disable the uconnect/radio and security features. In an upcoming update, the system would lock the brakes and make it impossible to steal your truck. Even with the upcoming update with added security features, you will want to protect the Tazer from theft as disarming will be much easier if it is still there.

I can confirm it can be started and driven with no connection to the SGW or the Tazer. I di this on accident, forgot to plug in the SGW after a umarry and disco of the Tazer. I did loose the cameras. I am not sure about simply cutting the wires. It may short something out while cutting that could disable something essential.

I can confirm it can be started and driven with no connection to the SGW or the Tazer. I di this on accident, forgot to plug in the SGW after a umarry and disco of the Tazer. I did loose the cameras. I am not sure about simply cutting the wires. It may short something out while cutting that could disable something essential.
Good information. After asking lots of times I still cant understand the purpose of the extension cables when installing Tazer. The only answer is that it is easier to remove for dealer visits. But..... dont you have to plug the wires back in the factory location thereby eliminating the usefulness of the extension?

Good information. After asking lots of times I still cant understand the purpose of the extension cables when installing Tazer. The only answer is that it is easier to remove for dealer visits. But..... dont you have to plug the wires back in the factory location thereby eliminating the usefulness of the extension?
I think you are supposed to leave the extension plugged into the factory location and attach the factory wire to the plug where you removed the Taser. At least that's what I planned, haven't tried it though.

Back