What did you do to your Jeep 392 today? šŸ› ļø

Omg I totally misread your post that you had side steps from a brand called Macy Gray. Thought ā€œI never heard of that brandā€ and started Googling it with obviously no luck. Man I need some bourbon tonight
šŸ¤£ Sorry for the confusion! I have a ten year old daughter and a wife that like to name cars after female singers.
Macy Gray. Jeep
Shakira. TRX
J-lo. Gv80

One more silly question. I have never drilled/cut a hole to the interior panels. I am just going to use the ARB socket vs the socket and housing so I need a round hole. Will a hole-saw cut this just fine?
Yes a hole saw works fine. Just make sure you have the correct size. I've installed outlets in 4 vehicles now, I really like my fridge. :)

FWIW, the ARB kit comes with 10 gauge wiring and a 15 amp fuse. If the fridge does not have enough power, it will not turn on the compressor. In my Toyota SUV the factory wiring does not allow enough amperage to turn on the compressor.

One more silly question. I have never drilled/cut a hole to the interior panels. I am just going to use the ARB socket vs the socket and housing so I need a round hole. Will a hole-saw cut this just fine?
Hole saws work great but tend to be aggressive at first. Drill the pilot hole first. After that run your hole saw in reverse for a few seconds before going in forward.

Depending on this size hole thatā€™s needed, a step bit might also be a good choice. The plastic cuts like butter!

Depending on this size hole thatā€™s needed, a step bit might also be a good choice. The plastic cuts like butter!
Yes that is correct a step bit is fantastic and clean on plastic. If we are talking about a cigarette lighter sized hole many step bits are not that big.

Yes that is correct a step bit is fantastic and clean on plastic. If we are talking about a cigarette lighter sized hole many step bits are not that big.

That's totally true, 100%. But knowing the luck I have working around finished parts, even when I'm trying to be super careful - I'd be picking up a cheap step bit from Amazon in the right size. I just wouldn't trust myself with a hole saw! šŸ¤£

That's totally true, 100%. But knowing the luck I have working around finished parts, even when I'm trying to be super careful - I'd be picking up a cheap step bit from Amazon in the right size. I just wouldn't trust myself with a hole saw! šŸ¤£
Once you have a step bit you won't understand how you got by without one. For various projects I end up using aluminum brackets and bar stock, after a hole is drilled the step bit does a fantastic job of cleaning up the edges.

Yes a hole saw works fine. Just make sure you have the correct size. I've installed outlets in 4 vehicles now, I really like my fridge. :)

FWIW, the ARB kit comes with 10 gauge wiring and a 15 amp fuse. If the fridge does not have enough power, it will not turn on the compressor. In my Toyota SUV the factory wiring does not allow enough amperage to turn on the compressor.
My Iceco has been running fine on the stock 12v plug, in both Jeeps and in the TRX, for about a year. It is just in the way on the Jeep and it's not a secure connection.

I have step bits. I have done plenty of mods in my life but I have never cut into trim.

My Iceco has been running fine on the stock 12v plug, in both Jeeps and in the TRX, for about a year. It is just in the way on the Jeep and it's not a secure connection.
Where did you plug it in with the TRX? Thatā€™s a big annoyance of mine with the TRX, no power options in the bed

I decided to mount the ARB with the included housing. That way, I don't have to cut a big hole in the panel and I since the plug won't actually intrude the space under the housing, I will have more placement options.

Somehow I was lucky enough to snap the side trim, that runs from the door sill to the front of the floor board, right in half. I barely even pulled on it and it snapped a 12" section clean through.

The old AMG me would have immediately ordered a new one. The new Jeep me is just going to Gorilla tape it from the inside and play like it didn't happen.

I am still not 100% certain how I am going to wire it. My goal and why I was removing the trip, was to just use one of the Aux wires in the floor board. Now, I am uncertain that I want to waste an Aux on a 12v plug. I am not certain how easy it is to punch through the firewall if I go directly to the battery.

Where did you plug it in with the TRX? Thatā€™s a big annoyance of mine with the TRX, no power options in the bed
I just ran it under the floor mats and up to the dash. The fridge was only used a couple of times in the TRX and it was just in the folded up rear seat area.

It stays in the Jeep all of the time.

I just ran it under the floor mats and up to the dash. The fridge was only used a couple of times in the TRX and it was just in the folded up rear seat area.

It stays in the Jeep all of the time.
Thatā€™s how I use the fridge in our TRX too. I thought you meant it was in the bed and you set something up to power it. Huge fail on Ram for not putting power in the bed.

I'm surprised the Jeep battery holds up. You might drive more than I do. I know those fridges dont take much power (I have one) but I would feel more comfortable with a dedicated battery for it.

I'm surprised the Jeep battery holds up. You might drive more than I do. I know those fridges dont take much power (I have one) but I would feel more comfortable with a dedicated battery for it.
The 12v from the Jeep just keeps my Ecoflow topped off and the Ecoflow powers the fridge.

Keep me posted on your success with the Magnaflow, I have one on the way and will likely be using MetalCloak for all my skids (however I am thinking about the Artec that is made specifically for that exhaust / tips area.
I think we may have different Magnaflow systems. I have the Rockcrawler which has no exposed tips. I ended up installing the metalcloak resonator skid system on my magnaflow exhaust. It works 90% perfectly. I needed to relieve some of the metal by one of the Magnaflow mufflers/resonators. I also need to flip around one of the mounting brackets and will need to make a new one from scratch, but it is just bending up a piece of 3/16 inch steel and bending at a little bit. A few pictures that show how far I am so far. The jeep is totally drivable now, and could probably take a pretty good hit, but I want to add that extra bracket soon.

IMG_2121.jpeg
IMG_2122.jpeg

IMG_2123.jpeg

IMG_2125.jpeg

IMG_2126.jpeg

I think we may have different Magnaflow systems. I have the Rockcrawler which has no exposed tips. I ended up installing the metalcloak resonator skid system on my magnaflow exhaust. It works 90% perfectly. I needed to relieve some of the metal by one of the Magnaflow mufflers/resonators. I also need to flip around one of the mounting brackets and will need to make a new one from scratch, but it is just bending up a piece of 3/16 inch steel and bending at a little bit. A few pictures that show how far I am so far. The jeep is totally drivable now, and could probably take a pretty good hit, but I want to add that extra bracket soon.

View attachment 33866View attachment 33867

View attachment 33868

View attachment 33869

View attachment 33870
Yes, I have the street version coming. Still appreciate these photos to have a look at yours ;)

Installed the Redline Tow Pro, but need to do some tweaking to the 12 volt plate though.

Attachments

• IMG_4751.jpeg
    IMG_4751.jpeg
    154.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4748.jpeg
    IMG_4748.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4749.jpeg
    IMG_4749.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 25
Also got the Rampage JK mirrors and custom JL adapters from thorn engineering. Fit is perfect, if you buy get them from the creator, not the copy cats!

Attachments

• IMG_4758.jpeg
    IMG_4758.jpeg
    100.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4760.jpeg
    IMG_4760.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 29
Back