Transmission Tune for Better Shift Points

Ben Jeepin

Reaction score
Current Rides
2021 Wrangler 392
My transmission doesn't seem to shift when it's supposed to. Feels like it holds gears longer than it should before shifting.

I've done some looking around and I see the Livernois Tune that states it does modify the transmission shift points, but was wondering if anyone has found any other options.

I would rather keep the shift points the way they are than void my warranty on the drivetrain.

My transmission doesn't seem to shift when it's supposed to. Feels like it holds gears longer than it should before shifting.

I've done some looking around and I see the Livernois Tune that states it does modify the transmission shift points, but was wondering if anyone has found any other options.

I would rather keep the shift points the way they are than void my warranty on the drivetrain.
the shift points are learned, I think.... I'm sure there is a reset procedure that let's it re-learn how you drive.

Throw a pedal monster on and the change the pedal tip in. It helps a lot with the laggy shifting. Or just roll around in off road + If you do any sort of tune you will void your warranty.

the shift points are learned, I think.... I'm sure there is a reset procedure that let's it re-learn how you drive.
This would totally make sense. I'll bet my shift points were learned when the Jeep was stock, and now that it's been lifted, weight added, bigger tires, etc. the shift points probably don't match up anymore. I'd rather try the re-learn procedure than a transmission tune. TY

This would totally make sense. I'll bet my shift points were learned when the Jeep was stock, and now that it's been lifted, weight added, bigger tires, etc. the shift points probably don't match up anymore. I'd rather try the re-learn procedure than a transmission tune. TY
Pull the battery cables for an hour or so and I think that resets it.

Back