Transfer & differential

JukeJeep392

New member
Joined
Sep 30, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Central coast, CA
Current Rides
392
greetings all. Just picked up my new ‘26 Moab 392. Had a great experience via Roberson in Salem OR. Anyway, I was talking to a guy who has a ‘24 392 and he insisted I change the oil at no more than 5k … but also the transfer case and f/r differential fluids every 10k. I’m happy to do them (myself) but just wondering if that’s a ridiculous overkill or if it’s good preventative maintenance? Thanks for your input and thoughts!
 
Nope. Treat that transfer case like a wet clutch on a motorcycle.

I plan to change mine every 10k or once per year. Whichever comes first.

Differentials can go by manufacturer recommendation if you’re not doing water crossings.
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top