SOS emergency button deactivation

hkatrib

Reaction score
Current Rides
2021 JLR 392 - bright white
Hi there, I am looking for information with regards to how to deactivate the SOS emergency button next to the rear view mirror top console. Where I live this feature does not work as we don’t have the U connect sim link connectivity. However my issue is that if I push this button it would stay on (flashing green) and wouldn’t turn off even when I press again, and worse the u connect system stays on even when I turn the car off and lock doors. Tired and waited for about 20 minutes. The only way is to reset the system by pulling the fuse out.
This is a minor nuisance, but an issue if SOS activated accidentally.
Trying to figure out a way to disable the whole thing. Used OBD JScan to look for the specific module but couldn’t find any.

Hi there, I am looking for information with regards to how to deactivate the SOS emergency button next to the rear view mirror top console. Where I live this feature does not work as we don’t have the U connect sim link connectivity. However my issue is that if I push this button it would stay on (flashing green) and wouldn’t turn off even when I press again, and worse the u connect system stays on even when I turn the car off and lock doors. Tired and waited for about 20 minutes. The only way is to reset the system by pulling the fuse out.
This is a minor nuisance, but an issue if SOS activated accidentally.
Trying to figure out a way to disable the whole thing. Used OBD JScan to look for the specific module but couldn’t find any.
I'm pretty sure that behind the button panel is a wire harness that can be disconnected. or, you know, you could just never press the button. I've never mashed mine by accident. :)

I'm pretty sure that behind the button panel is a wire harness that can be disconnected. or, you know, you could just never press the button. I've never mashed mine by accident. :)
Mount up a $500 Gmrs radio on a $150 cb bar and you can’t get your fingers in to push the button. Just joking. I love my Gmrs and cb bar. I can’t even see that button anymore

7% off 2024 Jeep Wrangler 392 Granger Motors Just Bolt Ons.com MARK CDJR in Lake Charles Louisiana Underground Graphics

Latest Discussions

Back