Shut down when shifting from Drive to Reverse...

CoachDizzle

Reaction score
Current Rides
2022 Rubicon 392 Black
So this happened out of the blue yesterday, twice in fact. I was turning to get an angle to back into a parking spot and my 392 shut down COMPLETELY when shifting from D to R. I mean it shut off as if I had just got into it to start it, it had no electrical at all on the dash or center console. Luckily I was able to get it back to Park quickly and it stared right up but has anyone else had this happen? I just hit 13k today as I was on my way to drop it off at the Dealership for inspection. Was told they take 48 hours before they may even get a look at it... :-(

Ok so here I am as of today. They said my oil was low and that's why it didn't start, so they filled it up, and I was to drive for 1,500 and then go back for an oil consumption test to see if a new engine was required. The car drove great for a day but on day 3 after picking it up from the Dealership it was DEAD in my driveway, battery was fully charged as I tested it and the connections. Needless to say it's back at the Dealership and they have no idea where to begin. I spoke with the Tech today and explained exactly what I experienced to try and give some insight as to what it could be. :-(

Sorry to hear this. Bites for sure.

I wonder if a wire is burnt somewhere or if a control module bit it? Being dead dead should point them in the right direction to solve it.

Ok so here I am as of today. They said my oil was low and that's why it didn't start, so they filled it up, and I was to drive for 1,500 and then go back for an oil consumption test to see if a new engine was required. The car drove great for a day but on day 3 after picking it up from the Dealership it was DEAD in my driveway, battery was fully charged as I tested it and the connections. Needless to say it's back at the Dealership and they have no idea where to begin. I spoke with the Tech today and explained exactly what I experienced to try and give some insight as to what it could be. :-(
This SUX, really sorry... my advice would be to keep granular & exacting records of everything; occurrences, communications, times, name and title/position of who talked to, troubleshooting from dealer, etc, etc.....

So this happened out of the blue yesterday, twice in fact. I was turning to get an angle to back into a parking spot and my 392 shut down COMPLETELY when shifting from D to R. I mean it shut off as if I had just got into it to start it, it had no electrical at all on the dash or center console. Luckily I was able to get it back to Park quickly and it stared right up but has anyone else had this happen? I just hit 13k today as I was on my way to drop it off at the Dealership for inspection. Was told they take 48 hours before they may even get a look at it... :-(

Sorry to hear about your car problems. How's the Jeep? :D

Maybe there’s a connection?

My name is Juan Pablo i am from costa rica, i bought a 392 wrangler 2024 in 🇺🇸 and brought it here, i have 12K miles and yesterday it happened once to me, the exact same thing, i was parking and shifted from Reverse to Drive and the car completely turned off i had to put parking again and it started normaly, i have 100% oil life, everything is working perfect but, i think it could be a low transmission oil maybe, did you already fixed that, or did it happened to you again?
Unfortunately it happened again, with a twist. They Dealership thinks it may be related to an oil consumption problem. I dropped my vehicle today actually but they won’t be looking at it until next week. Since then I’ve had issues with it throwing codes regarding the battery charging system to the 4WD light coming on. The worst part is unless they can duplicate the issue nothing has been fixed to date. I’m currently working with Jeep opening a “Star Ticket”, I was told this is the first step in having a Tech/Engineer from Jeep work with the Dealership and work on problem solving the issues. If they can’t this is the first step in an exchange and or buy back. I love my 392, but I need to get these issues resolved. 😩

Unfortunately it happened again, with a twist. They Dealership thinks it may be related to an oil consumption problem. I dropped my vehicle today actually but they won’t be looking at it until next week. Since then I’ve had issues with it throwing codes regarding the battery charging system to the 4WD light coming on. The worst part is unless they can duplicate the issue nothing has been fixed to date. I’m currently working with Jeep opening a “Star Ticket”, I was told this is the first step in having a Tech/Engineer from Jeep work with the Dealership and work on problem solving the issues. If they can’t this is the first step in an exchange and or buy back. I love my 392, but I need to get these issues resolved. 😩
I FIXED THE problem and found out what was It, Believe it or not i checked my battery today in the morning since i stopped at a red light and my Wrangler turned off completely again, and it turned to be that when i brought the car in the Ship they disconnect the battery, when i received the car here and connected the battery i left it a little bit loose since in that moment i didnt had the tool to tighten it up, and forgot to tight it, so in this morning i checked it with the car stopped and on, and when i moved the Negative Pole connector in the battery, the car turned off, it was loose, so i just tight it again with the right tool and already drove 120 Km and the car is perfect now nothing is wrong with it, so maybe you want/could check your battery and fuzes are well connected and tightened. Hope this info works since my car is already fixed thank god. Loving my Jeep

7% off 2024 Jeep Wrangler 392 Granger Motors Just Bolt Ons.com MARK CDJR in Lake Charles Louisiana Underground Graphics

Latest Discussions

Back