Security Lug Nuts

lewma

Reaction score
Current Rides
'22 392 XR, '19 FFR Cobra, '24 FFR Daytona Coupe
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum.

Just picked up my used 2022 rubicon last night from the dealer then realized that there are security lug nuts on the wheels but there is no key to be found.

Any idea what I do from here ? Can I buy a key from amazon or is this a dealership question ?

thanks!
mark

Just picked up my used 2022 rubicon last night from the dealer then realized that there are security lug nuts on the wheels but there is no key to be found.

Any idea what I do from here ? Can I buy a key from amazon or is this a dealership question ?

thanks!
mark
I bought a kit off Amazon a few years back that has all of the common locks in it. Also, your local tire shop can likely just remove them.

I'd definitely start at the dealership as they should have provided one if bought there, but if they can't sort it out any O'Reilly/Advance/other can point you in the right direction. Or as noted, your local tire shop gurus....

Last edited:

thanks!
mark
Discount Tire

thanks!
mark
Grab a socket and pound it on the lug with a hammer then torque it off like the thieves do. Security lugs are basically worthless, when get them removed, throw them in the garbage and put regular lugs back on.

Look under back panel to make certain it may not have been dislodged from its holder

7% off 2024 Jeep Wrangler 392 Granger Motors Just Bolt Ons.com MARK CDJR in Lake Charles Louisiana Underground Graphics

Latest Discussions

Back