Rust

ag4ever

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2026
Messages
112
Reaction score
178
Location
SE Texas
Current Rides
‘26 MOAB, ‘82 CJ-8, ‘82 CJ-8, ‘83 CJ-8
Jeep was built on 2/14/2026.

I picked it up mid March.

And . . .

IMG_3520.webp


Warn must be sourcing their bolts from china.
 
Jeep was built on 2/14/2026.

I picked it up mid March.

And . . .

View attachment 57234

Warn must be sourcing their bolts from china.
Yeah, same thing on my winch. 2024 model. I'm not worried about it. That winch is getting replaced at some point anyways. Just some surface rust.
 
Just replace them with stainless steel or titanium bolts.

 
Just replace them with stainless steel or titanium bolts.

I'd rather keep them, to show that time has passed.
 
The casing on my Warn Winch developed a severe case of aluminum (aluminium for those across the pond)rot with flaking paint and powdery aluminum oxide. Very disappointing from a top manufacturer- alas past the warranty period.
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top