Racing Optics Windshield protection for my 392

A392HEMI

Reaction score
Current Rides
2024 392 Hemi Rubicon
Does anyone have any experience or thoughts with Racing Optics windshield protection for the 392 ? My order just came from Racing Optics and I have an appointment this weekend at a professional window tint installer to install it for me - I was hoping someone has either had experience with it as a protector and whether or not they think its worth doing - or not ? Thanks!

I do not…mine came is last week and I wanted to install myself but leaning toward a pro also…let me know what you think of the install.

I have a hard time believing that a very thin film will absorb, or dissipate more than a minuscule amount of the force exerted by an incoming rock.

I broke two or more windshields a year in my JKs living in Montana. I finally swapped to a Polycarbonate one from Roadless Gear in Missoula (they no longer sell them). That thing was tough, and it lasted for 5 plus years, until a broken wiper blade put a huge scratch on it.

I've been a Jeep fan for a long time, but I truly hate that they cannot make the front glass more durable.

Does anyone have any experience or thoughts with Racing Optics windshield protection for the 392 ? My order just came from Racing Optics and I have an appointment this weekend at a professional window tint installer to install it for me - I was hoping someone has either had experience with it as a protector and whether or not they think its worth doing - or not ? Thanks!
I have it and it works for me. I would not install it on a windshield with more than a 1000 miles on it. Every chip becomes a white mark.

I have been running with the RO 3 layer film for just about a year now. So far so good; I have had at least a few direct hits from on coming traffic and no chips/cracks "knock on wood" yet. I plan on peeling off my first layer soon as it has some small knicks from impacts bugs, rocks, panties etc...

3m makes a windshield tint a little expensive but it works well for saving your windshield. I also changed my windshield to an unbreakable GORILLA GLASS windshield a little expensive. Picture of 3 rock hits that would break a regular windshield and even though it looks bad it did not damage the glass at all with the 3M windshield tint. I will replace it soon just to have a fresh look again.

Attachments

• signal-2024-04-23-111531.jpeg
    signal-2024-04-23-111531.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 18
Back