Pilar mount

Pete_sd

Reaction score
Ok what mount are you using for ditch lights ? It looks like the standard Pilar mount used for the JLU won’t work for the 392 or the Mojave. The only one I have been able find so far is KC lights has one for the 392/Mojave.

Ok what mount are you using for ditch lights ? It looks like the standard Pilar mount used for the JLU won’t work for the 392 or the Mojave. The only one I have been able find so far is KC lights has one for the 392/Mojave.
I ordered the Baja Design Squadron Pro kit. Will be delivered next week and I will report any issues

Last edited:
I’m ordering the BD LP4’s. I got a cool set of brackets off Amazon that are made from a nice thick 6061 aluminum and powdered coated. They are slightly different from a similar type. These have a bigger slot and don’t fade plus have integral drain holes. I’ll find and attach
C7E4775C-B420-44FA-954C-2CA2F165FF26.png

There has also been thread written on here in the past that has good insight and some killer custom work.

I used Go Rhino double. I did have get some 80mm bolts I think

Attachments

• ADA45C1A-A8D6-4364-AB2C-4993AE4F4FC7.jpeg
    ADA45C1A-A8D6-4364-AB2C-4993AE4F4FC7.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 17B46BC4-CEB6-4A70-992E-808F81C739AD.jpeg
    17B46BC4-CEB6-4A70-992E-808F81C739AD.jpeg
    158.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 2E7D6BCF-7824-4D7F-87C9-0D1D188BE938.jpeg
    2E7D6BCF-7824-4D7F-87C9-0D1D188BE938.jpeg
    142.7 KB · Views: 35
I installed the KC w/ Gravity Pro LED 6, worked great. Did not try other options, although I like the Go Rhino... might try that.

I’m ordering the BD LP4’s. I got a cool set of brackets off Amazon that are made from a nice thick 6061 aluminum and powdered coated. They are slightly different from a similar type. These have a bigger slot and don’t fade plus have integral drain holes. I’ll find and attachView attachment 19383
There has also been thread written on here in the past that has good insight and some killer custom work.
I was thinking of doing the LP4’s also, Let me know how they work for you.

I ordered the Baja Design Squadron Pro kit. Will be delivered next week and I will report any issues

Let me know how it works out

I’m ordering the BD LP4’s. I got a cool set of brackets off Amazon that are made from a nice thick 6061 aluminum and powdered coated. They are slightly different from a similar type. These have a bigger slot and don’t fade plus have integral drain holes. I’ll find and attachView attachment 19383
Have you installed these yet? I just want to be positive they actually work on our Jeeps since they are different than a standard JLU before hassling with a return.

Have you installed these yet? I just want to be positive they actually work on our Jeeps since they are different than a standard JLU before hassling with a return.
They are installed!! Attach pic tomorrow
image.jpg

Last edited:
Go rhino doubles. Like already mentioned, have to get different bolts to mount - but work great. With rigid radiance pods.
Chris

Attachments

• 392-rigid.jpeg
    392-rigid.jpeg
    230.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 4FADDC44-1970-439F-9E06-998FE83C034C.jpeg
    4FADDC44-1970-439F-9E06-998FE83C034C.jpeg
    189.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Lights 3.jpeg
    Lights 3.jpeg
    239 KB · Views: 38
I’m using the KC mount

Attachments

• 856F32CD-2F48-4ABC-BF68-36B03A230506.jpeg
    856F32CD-2F48-4ABC-BF68-36B03A230506.jpeg
    302.3 KB · Views: 38
Something to consider using the LP4 on the Pilar they have side throw lights and the passenger one will shine in the drivers eyes and the driver in the passenger. I ended up moving them to the bumper on my Raptor. I believe Rigid has a set that is driver / passenger specific. Or you could put black tape on the inside lights of the LP’s but I did not like the look of that. I ended up with the XL80 on the pillar of the truck.

YMMV - Rob

Something to consider using the LP4 on the Pilar they have side throw lights and the passenger one will shine in the drivers eyes and the driver in the passenger. I ended up moving them to the bumper on my Raptor. I believe Rigid has a set that is driver / passenger specific. Or you could put black tape on the inside lights of the LP’s but I did not like the look of that. I ended up with the XL80 on the pillar of the truck.

YMMV - Rob
I made these out of carbon fiber but Baja Designs came out with a plastic one. I did find that using the LP4 with just the 2 bolts on the cowl mount to be inadequate. They were too heavy for the thin sheet metal support below and had vibration when off road. I had to reinforce it below the cowl, no more vibration.

20220125_100137.jpg

YMMV - Rob
Baja designs has block offs for the sides.

Go rhino doubles. Like already mentioned, have to get different bolts to mount - but work great. With rigid radiance pods.
Chris
Where'd you get your longer stainless bolts?? Mine were sourced at a local hardware store and the tops are already rusted...not a good look.

7% off 2024 Jeep Wrangler 392 Granger Motors Just Bolt Ons.com MARK CDJR in Lake Charles Louisiana Underground Graphics

Latest Discussions

Back