New to me used 392 ~ecm reset,good idea or no-go?

Dzldust

Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
16
Location
North Florida
Current Rides
2023 392 Jeep Wrangler
Just purchased a 2023 392 JL, has a touch over 30k miles, I’ve changed the oil, transfer case fluid and diff oil. No idea how it was driven so I thought about resting the ecm to relearn my driving style. Any benefit to doing this? No issues just curious
I also have no idea if the previous owner followed the premium fuel requirements,anything I should look for as far as noises or checking the spark plugs ?
 
Carfax at the dealership showed clean record and all maintenance performed , ran a Carfax my self and found that the Long block was replaced by the dealer at 11k miles ,has 30k on the clock now .kinda ticked me off at first but it Runs amazing so I’m keeping it and I got a great deal
 
Yeah I don’t trust carmax. I got ours at an estate auction. I was really shocked when I won the bid. It had less than 100 miles on it basically brand new. 🥃
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top