Mud flaps

How was the installation? Any drilling or modifications required?
Typical install, but I did have to tap one screw into the bumper support bracket middle-bottom rear flaps.

They could be a bit wider and longer but overall, I'm happy with them.
 
RokBlokz XL (no hole) on the front, WeatherTech on the rear. Both were very easy to install, and both required absolutely no modifications. I’m happy with the coverage and results.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1750.webp
    IMG_1750.webp
    213.4 KB · Views: 31
I looked at the Weathertech website, and they only list a front pair for the 392. What did you use on the rear?
Ah. Extreme Terrain lists for all four. I’ll buy from them.
They have both sets but state not for the 392, or rear Steel Bumper Group... Look up 2024...There is a little Mod that has to be done for the rears to fit because of the Steel Bumper Plastic Filler panel. A box cutter will do the trick. Thats why there is not mention for 2025...
 
Last edited:
They have both sets but state not for the 392...There is a little Mod that has to be done for the rears to fit because of the Steel Bumper Plastic Filler panel. A box cutter will do the trick.
As you can see above, I installed the WeatherTech on the rear of my ‘25, and I didn’t have to cut anything. No modifications needed. Perhaps you’re thinking of the RokBlokz?
 
Yeah don't know if it was installed correctly, (Flush), at the bottom in the back, but OK...

BUT on both my 2024 392 FE and my 2025 Rubicon X, I had to trim the lower plastic corner off of the bumper filler..
The fronts will not fit the 392 or any with the Xtreme package because of the Extended Flair without modification and they WILL NOT fit the Steel Bumper group on the rear without modification; On Weathertech's site, IT ALSO states this...

The first pics is the Front with XR, where it doesn't fit exactly flush with extended Flair, but remove the top rivet and you can replace it with another and it will work.

The second pic is below the rear where you have to notch out the corner plastic bumper filler on the Steel Bumper Group for it to fit flush. The third pic is the manufactures site that states that it will not fit either the XR package and/or the Steel Bumper group.

I'm just putting out the information with the photo receipts. They can be fitted, but correctly with modifications. Not going to spend more time on this, good luck!
 

Attachments

  • download (1).webp
    download (1).webp
    31.6 KB · Views: 24
  • download (2).webp
    download (2).webp
    76.6 KB · Views: 24
  • download.webp
    download.webp
    45.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Not sure what to say. The fasteners on mine all fit where they should, and I didn’t have to trim anything. They’re certainly mounted solid. I do see the small (1/16”) gap on mine I believe you’re talking about. But I guess I can live with it vs having to cut anything.
For the fronts, I didn’t even try to mount mine because the instructions differed from what I was seeing. So they’re still in the box untouched. I was hoping I could give them away to a member here that doesn’t have the extended flair because I can’t return them. Vendor says I bought front and rears as a package, so they won’t accept just one set. But no takers yet.
WeatherTech shows them fitting the 2025.
1755014785047.webp
 
Last edited:
All LAME and y’all should be ashamed of yourselfs.

Here are some additional options:
IMG_3085.webp
IMG_3084.webp
IMG_3083.webp
IMG_3082.webp


And if that’s not what you’re looking for…
IMG_3089.webp
IMG_3088.webp
IMG_3086.webp
IMG_3087.webp
 
Has anyone tried this option?


They state that not for Rubicon versions with rock rails, but maybe they work with minor modifications. Look interesting.
 
I got the WeatherTech, and the fronts don’t work with the fender extensions that come with the 35” tires. The instructions say to remove two plastic rivets. Mine has three, and the two upper ones that hold the extension on look like they have metal cores. You all were right. I guess it’s Rok Blokz XL for the win.
The WeatherTech rears went on fine though, and look like OEM. Rok Blokz says their rears need some fender liner modifications, which I’d rather avoid. Maybe I need a combination of RB fronts and WT rears. Hmmm….
Which rears did you get.I can find them on the Weathertech site?
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top