Magnussen Supercharger

Uncommon Sense

Reaction score
Current Rides
Sting Gray 392XR
I found this on Youtube showing the performance increase with the newly released Magnussen Supercharger.

Pretty impressive. Knocked .6 off the 0 to 60. 1/4 mile down to almost 12 flat from stock. Street times.

Thank you for posting this. The magnuson looked awesome in bronze. Will be interesting to see what the whipple does. I’d love to have one but gonna wait till near end of warranty and consider a built motor and blower or even a hellcat swap depending on prices at the time. I can’t see them ever making anything as cool as the 392. It is so much fun. 37s and 2.5 lift have really made it feel bigger and still drives great. Unless jeep puts a hellcat in the wrangler I plan on keeping this vehicle a long time. Just doesn’t get old:)

I found this on Youtube showing the performance increase with the newly released Magnussen Supercharger.

Pretty impressive. Knocked .6 off the 0 to 60. 1/4 mile down to almost 12 flat from stock. Street times.

Lets be honest here. Many of us here would spend 9k plus labor for another 130hp. Nearly a 1 second drop in quarter mile time is dramatic. I just think we all question stability due to rumored "this motor can't handle boost" mantra thats been toted and passed around for years.

I also wish people (not blaming anyone here) would quit comparing this to a hellcat swap. Hellcat swaps are expensive. Ive been quoted about 30k JUST for the motor and work with a 5k 392 core trade in (Not including the new axles and driveshafts needed to handle that power). Magnussen is less than half the price. Sure, 603 is less than 707 horsepower. But, then you could take that extra 15k or so and at least get a pair of 60s under her.

Lets be honest here. Many of us here would spend 9k plus labor for another 130hp. Nearly a 1 second drop in quarter mile time is dramatic. I just think we all question stability due to rumored "this motor can't handle boost" mantra thats been toted and passed around for years.

I also wish people (not blaming anyone here) would quit comparing this to a hellcat swap. Hellcat swaps are expensive. Ive been quoted about 30k JUST for the motor and work with a 5k 392 core trade in (Not including the new axles and driveshafts needed to handle that power). Magnussen is less than half the price. Sure, 603 is less than 707 horsepower. But, then you could take that extra 15k or so and at least get a pair of 60s under her.

AMW charges like $60k for a hellcat swap.

The Whipple and Magnussen superchargers seem like a good deal. I do worry about reliability though. Maybe I'll splurge on it at some point, but the 392 is pretty potent as is so it isn't really necessary.

If it were a known fact that the 392's handled a blower with zero issues (like say the LS's & LSX's back in the day), I'd literally order one tomorrow for the sweet sound alone. But as been stated already, there's just a stigma about these things going BOOM, and i'm not ready to do that to my 10K mi Jeep I love so much.

If it were a known fact that the 392's handled a blower with zero issues (like say the LS's & LSX's back in the day), I'd literally order one tomorrow for the sweet sound alone. But as been stated already, there's just a stigma about these things going BOOM, and i'm not ready to do that to my 10K mi Jeep I love so much.
Couldn’t agree more

I'm more worried about part throttle driveability. The factory gets the tune smooth under all conditions. Ive had forced induction vehicles in past where getting the tune right required a lot of time and effort. Not in the mood to fiddle fart trying to get it to run smooth (no surging, stumbling, pinging, etc). Running it rich will solve most problems but then really need to ditch the cats. Maybe they have the tune spot on. Maybe not. Will look forward to feedback from the pioneers here. 5-6 psi will probably be fine if tuned properly

7% off 2024 Jeep Wrangler 392 Granger Motors Just Bolt Ons.com MARK CDJR in Lake Charles Louisiana Underground Graphics

Latest Discussions

Back