Jeep 392 - Rack/Cross Bar & RTT setup

cmw1100

Reaction score
Current Rides
RAM TRX, RR Cullinan, AUDI ABT RS6, Ferrari 812Sf
Dear Fellow 392’ers,
Need some inspiration on rack/cross bar with RTT setup.
So any recommendations, experiences, Do’s & Don’t’s will be much appreciated.
Post your rig setup pics 🙏🏽

IMG_3804.jpeg
Just finished my setup. I went with Rhino Rack backbone with HD crossbars and the low Profile locking Legs. This is the second jeep I go this direction and couldn’t be happier with it. I like that the RR backbone lets me remove the hard top exactly the same way as without the rhino rack.

IMG_3872.jpeg

View attachment 32154Just finished my setup. I went with Rhino Rack backbone with HD crossbars and the low Profile locking Legs. This is the second jeep I go this direction and couldn’t be happier with it. I like that the RR backbone lets me remove the hard top exactly the same way as without the rhino rack.

View attachment 32153
What trailer set up is that? It’s badass

What trailer set up is that? It’s badass
Thx. Just picked it up used. It’s a Freespirit highway sport trailer with a generic ikamper like tent on it. Nothing special but needed something for weekend trips with my fam of 5.

It’s my next project….needs some upgrades!

Thx. Just picked it up used. It’s a Freespirit highway sport trailer with a generic ikamper like tent on it. Nothing special but needed something for weekend trips with my fam of 5.

It’s my next project….needs some upgrades!
I’m looking for something similar. Definitely needs some suspension improvements :)

I’m looking for something similar. Definitely needs some suspension improvements :)
Yeah. It has a Timbren suspension but not the off-road version. That’s first on the list….HD timbren with 4” lift and some off-road tires.

I got the rhino rack backbone with low profile legs and three vortex cross bars installed last weekend. It is ready for my ikamper skycamp 2.0 RTT to be installed as the weather is warming up.

Attachments

• IMG_7770.jpeg
    IMG_7770.jpeg
    209.8 KB · Views: 28
Pretty much same setup mentioned above, Rhino Rack backbone with Vortex crossbars, and the Intrepid campgear 2.5. Love this setup!

One thing I suggest, upgrade your suspension if you're going to carry a lot of gear. Mine just about ride on the rear bumpstops. I am planning on going with the Clayton Overland 3.5.
1000052570.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20230527-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20230527-WA0006.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 11
Pretty much same setup mentioned above, Rhino Rack backbone with Vortex crossbars, and the Intrepid campgear 2.5. Love this setup!

One thing I suggest, upgrade your suspension if you're going to carry a lot of gear. Mine just about ride on the rear bumpstops. I am planning on going with the Clayton Overland 3.5.
View attachment 32412
Nice. Don’t know if I should Clayton or Metalcloak suspension upgrade

I got the rhino rack backbone with low profile legs and three vortex cross bars installed last weekend. It is ready for my ikamper skycamp 2.0 RTT to be installed as the weather is warming up.
Looking nice. Have fun when you get your iKamper. Post pics once you fix it up 💪🏽

Thanks, I'm currently awaiting delivery of a lift that I can use to get the tent up there high.

Nice. Don’t know if I should Clayton or Metalcloak suspension upgrade
another cheaper interim option would be the airlift 1000 air bags. Easy install and prevent rear end sag when loaded and you can decrease pressure in them when you are not loaded down. That way you are not running around with stiff springs all the time. Of course these only install on the back springs, but that is where most of the extra weight is. I have installed these. Haven't really tested them out yet, but hope to by end of this month. Have them at 8 psi and don't even know they are back there.

I also have aev 2.5 lift which I bought after the airbags. I transferred the airbags over to it. They might end up being too short with the lift, but we shall see. The aev springs were about the same length as stock springs, but quite a bit stiffer as it added 2 inches in front and rear after install.

Back