Install DD HitchMount LED Pod Reverse Kit

CJMore

Reaction score
Trying to install Diode Dynamics HitchMount LED Pod Reverse Kit.

Besides the single push clip, is there something special I need to do to unplug the 7 pin plug from the mounting?
This is super basic but that plug hasn't moved...

Nope, there is just one squeeze tab that you need to depress and the connector will separate from the rear of the plug.

Sometimes though, those connectors can be real trouble and put up a bit of a fight.

Thanks Redbeard719 for the clarification that I wasn't doing it wrong. A little time and greater force popped off it like should have the first eleventeen times.

Not sure if anyone will see this but my light is where it is supposed to be yet is loose inside the hitch. Doesn’t seem like it will fall out but it shakes around. Anyone else had this issue?

Not sure if anyone will see this but my light is where it is supposed to be yet is loose inside the hitch. Doesn’t seem like it will fall out but it shakes around. Anyone else had this issue?
I went out to check mine... It's pushed in just past flush, and the tab had locked into the hitch pin hole. I can move it around about 3/8 of an inch side to side with a tiny bit of force...

I think what you are seeing is normal, but as long as it does not move in and out, it should be OK.

IMG_3729.jpg

Back