In Stock 2024 392 OR Order an FE?

I have a late '22 XR with SOT (came off the truck w/ several '23 392's and has the passenger side dingdong attached to the frame...happy it came with the "many bolt" trim rings) A big consideration for me would be...it is right.

My rig has had no issues ($#!+ am I messing with the gods or what :ROFLMAO:). A new one would have me going through the whole "hope it isn't a problem child" thing again.

I've had 4 Rubicons over time, 2 w/SOT. I enjoy the top BUT would not take a multi thousand dollar bath to get it.
Would like to have some of the "upgrades" of a '24 however they aren't must haves and I believe the mechanical stuff I'd want can be aftermarket mods later on.

When I force rank what really matters...I have one that was the right price, has all the options I wanted, and has the most important consideration...it has been a reliable tank of a rig.

Good luck with your decision...just make sure you have one!!!
Thank you for replying. Honestly the SOT is my biggest hold up at this point.
 
Best response yet. I appreciate the good advice.

It would be a pretty big loss of money and the wife will be pretty unhappy.

It’s such a hard decision. I wish I had waited it out an ordered a 24.

Do you have the SOT on yours?

that’s my biggest hold up, IF I pull the trigger.

Thank you again!
I don't have the SOT. It's a preference thing for me. I want my Jeep to be as quiet as I can make it on the highway.
Honestly, it was always a crap shoot as to when Jeep was gong to call it quits on the 392. Every year was the last year etc. I actually ordered a 22' (thinking this was the last year) and it took so long it was converted to a 23'. It took 9 months. There was talk the whole time it was being canceled.
But now we know for certain it's the end of the line.

My advice is if you can afford it, do it. If not, consider yourself lucky no matter what. Additionally, you will probably be able to get a great deal on lightly used FE in 6 months. Might help the wife approve the deal...:)
 
"My advice is if you can afford it, do it. If not, consider yourself lucky no matter what. Additionally, you will probably be able to get a great deal on lightly used FE in 6 months. Might help the wife approve the deal...:)"

That last part for sure. I don't expect these to appreciate in the next 10 or so years (or maybe ever, who knows), and I bet a few years down the road, there will be FEs out there for a decent price.

A year ago, I almost bit on a stock '13 10A with low miles for about 30k. I need to maintain some sort of restraint or I'd have an 85 CJ, a '13 10A, an 06 LJ Rubi, a Gladiator, and another 392 to daily drive in addition to the 95YJ and 20A I already have.
 
7A11D3B3-99FF-4E87-9DE3-510F131C1AEB.gif
 
I don't have the SOT. It's a preference thing for me. I want my Jeep to be as quiet as I can make it on the highway.
Honestly, it was always a crap shoot as to when Jeep was gong to call it quits on the 392. Every year was the last year etc. I actually ordered a 22' (thinking this was the last year) and it took so long it was converted to a 23'. It took 9 months. There was talk the whole time it was being canceled.
But now we know for certain it's the end of the line.

My advice is if you can afford it, do it. If not, consider yourself lucky no matter what. Additionally, you will probably be able to get a great deal on lightly used FE in 6 months. Might help the wife approve the deal...:)
See I thought I was the only one who wanted the quietest Jeep possible on the road. I know that’s not two words that go together, but THIS is why I have a love/hate with my SOT.
Thank you!
 
Buy the 24 and keep the 23. Have a Jeep for offroad and on road. Why Not? One can never own enough Jeeps.
 
I know that is what the next step is, but more turbo power isn't what I am after. I just like the kinda of "old school" V8. I mean I know it has MDS, but you know what I mean :)
I agree and is why I also bought a 392 XR at the end of 2023 when we were told "last year" by dealers. However, after watching Motorweek last week reviewing the new 2025 Ram 1500 with the new Hurricane engine... said the Hemi is gone and after driving with the new Hurricane engine, we aren't mad about it. This had me starting to think what's next. With the success of higher power Mopar engines like 392 and Hellcat offerings...you know Jeep will have to surpass the 392 power level just to prove that you don't need a V-8. And they stated that do to the increased hp that the new Ram 1500 got a larger rear axle over the previous Hemi offerings. They also spoke to it being twin turbo with no turbo lag.
So, I'm just wondering about stock dana 60 and 550hp+ Wranglers and JT's. JL is soon due for a complete redesign that could easily be designed to accommodate the new Hurricane engine. I bet since the Gladiator was never offered with the 392, it will be the first to get the Hurricane engine with a stock dana 60 rear axle. Should be interesting.
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top