Hello from Minnesota

WhiteOak

Reaction score
Current Rides
2024 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392
Just bought a new 392 Wrangler. Drove it 10 min back to my house and have to leave it parked in my garage for a few weeks because I had to leave town for work. I just have to be content with some pictures I snapped on my phone before I left until I can get back and actually start driving it and doing the break in.

Looking forward to posting on the forum.

I haven’t owned a Jeep since I sold my ‘01 XJ about 10 years ago. I really liked that one while it lasted.

Welcome. Thats gotta be painful, donchaknow! Post up pictures.

Welcome. Thats gotta be painful, donchaknow! Post up pictures.
Well I waited 5 months for it to be delivered, so what's another month, right?:)

Local dealership was great. They knew I was leaving and actually contacted the rail yard where it was at and got it sent to the dealership ASAP, at least that's what they told me:LOL:

It arrived the evening before the day I had to leave town. I wanted to get it that evening, but he said they needed to keep it overnight to the initial prep/inspection/test drive.

Went in the next morning, did the paperwork, took it home, and put it away. Spent about 30 minutes with it lol. If not for that though, it would have had to sit at the dealership until I returned, which I was not thrilled with that idea. So it worked out. It will be there waiting when I return.
1000007847.jpg

Me too! Buy from Andy I assume? Saw your rig when I picked up my 2 door.
Lol small world, my first day on the forum too!

Funny you spotted my Jeep as it wasn’t even there 24hrs

I go through Derek.

He earned my business back in 2020 when there was a very specifically setup Ram that I wanted. There were only a handful exactly that way in dealerships across the country, and he was able to bring one in all the way from Newport News(I wanted 3.92 gears, quad cab and 6.4’ bed, two tone max steel paint, etc.)

We tried this again last year when I made the mistake of visiting them. I wasn’t really looking for a car, but they happened to have had the exact challenger in the showroom that I would have ordered, if I could have ordered one, but it had an automatic instead of a manual transmission. Only 2 other dealerships in the country had an orange shaker challenger & a manual, and neither of them would do a dealer trade. He made a solid effort, but there wasn’t anything he could do. I went with their auto equipped car.

So long story, but yeah those guys have been great to deal with and that’s only who I use now for CDJR products.

Am I going to have to come and visit a certain machine shop in the east end of town again or no?

Not sure what you are referring too. I have purchased a number of vehicles from the dealership including 2 392's. Found I enjoyed the 2 door more so have that currently in the garage, but would pick up a 23 Pumpkin 392 if I could find one. Anyway, small world indeed. Enjoy your beast!

Not sure what you are referring too. I have purchased a number of vehicles from the dealership including 2 392's. Found I enjoyed the 2 door more so have that currently in the garage, but would pick up a 23 Pumpkin 392 if I could find one. Anyway, small world indeed. Enjoy your beast!
Oh ok.

The machine shop reference was to another guy in town and I wasn’t sure if you might have been him. I had bought a previous challenger back in 2015, and I got some 18” drag wheels for it, but the center of the wheel needed to be machined out to fit on the hub of my car.

Anyway, so I randomly picked out Douglas Machining and brought them down there, and it turned out that the owner was the only other guy in town at that time with that same model car! That was funny, so I wasn’t sure if you were him again.

I intend to just cruise around town and out through Homer and Witoka occasionally(I live off hwy 17), but if you know any non club required places to go wheeling, please let me know. We used to go down to the south branch of the whitewater, but it’s been 20 years since the DNR busted me down there in my old ‘91 XJ and I haven’t been back except for occasional trout fishing.

The owner of Douglas machine has quite a mopar collection. His garage is huge. I rarely wander off road since I sold my 300 acre farm. The 2 door wrangler will be my daily during the summer. Might see if Andy can get me a final edition just for the giggles.

Back