Gobi edition

I know man you’re right, I wish I had someone I knew on the inside of Jeep plant. I know someone who knows an engineer at the Toledo plant and he asked him to push it for him. The dude got his 392 in 8 days from order date.
That would be amazing! Wish I knew a friend in high places lol.

Gobi is scheduled to start going down the line in just over a week. Hopefully we will start seeing some movement shortly after that.
 
That would be amazing! Wish I knew a friend in high places lol.

Gobi is scheduled to start going down the line in just over a week. Hopefully we will start seeing some movement shortly after that.
How accurate is that? That they won’t start on gobi until the 4th?
 
How accurate is that? That they won’t start on gobi until the 4th?
I would say pretty accurate. That came directly from someone inside corporate and multiple line workers have confirmed.
 
Looks like we're all very fortunate to have a Gobi on order. With Jeep shutting down 392 orders for the remainder of 22 that only made Gobi available over a short 7 week window. This should make an extremely rare combination making the wait a little more bearable 🤏.
 
Last edited:
Looks like we're all very fortunate to have a Gobi on order. With Jeep shutting down 392 orders for the remainder of 22 that only made Gobi available over a short 7 week window. This should make an extremely rare combination making the wait a little more bearable 🤏.
My impatience and impulsiveness got the best of me
 

Attachments

  • 5C0A95DC-FCCB-4218-BB3D-CD29A8C76BB4.webp
    5C0A95DC-FCCB-4218-BB3D-CD29A8C76BB4.webp
    183 KB · Views: 146
Looks like we're all very fortunate to have a Gobi on order. With Jeep shutting down 392 orders for the remainder of 22 that only made Gobi available over a short 7 week window. This should make an extremely rare combination making the wait a little more bearable 🤏.
When I go on the Jeep build it site, you can still build a 392 (I know that doesn't mean you can actually order one) but did notice the Gobi color is no longer an option. Just an observation.
 
Thank you brother but I’m still waiting for my gobi 392 as well. Can’t let it go
Awesome! You picked one hell of a ride to help occupy you during the wait lol. My daily is a Ram 3500 so my struggle is very real lmao.
 
ordered gobi 4/26 dealer called me earlier this week saying it was canceled / needed card to refund me … thoughts? I have this suspicion dealer wanted a gobi / 392 and used me to ‘manufacture’ an allocation they couldn’t get
 
ordered gobi 4/26 dealer called me earlier this week saying it was canceled / needed card to refund me … thoughts? I have this suspicion dealer wanted a gobi / 392 and used me to ‘manufacture’ an allocation they couldn’t get
Pretty sure your suspicions are correct - POS dealer who smells $. Contact Sellantis directly about your order and if is still active then threaten the dealer with a lawsuit for breech of contract and also interstate commerce fraud - I am no attorney but as they sent the purchase order under your name to an out of state manufacturer then it should qualify for that if they do not follow through.
 
@Upperchuck Oooh, that sounds shady af. Did they ever give you a VON? That is something they should be able to do right when they place the order. That was 4 days before banks closed. Granted mine's not Gobi, but I got my order in on the 27th and got my VON right away and talked with jeep chat to get my VIN earlier this week.

I wouldn't be surprised if they realized the banks closed and they can make a pretty penny off your order.

I agree with @jchrisbauer13. Contact Jeep on this one. It may be tougher to figure things out without a VON if you don't have it, but they should hopefully be able to find it by your name. I'm assuming you have some sort of contract/purchase order you signed when you put down your deposit. That would help your cause I would think.

Worst case scenario, you can wait on the '23 banks since it sounds like there will likely be a '23 392. While you might not be able to get Gobi and it will take longer, you may be able to get XR and it will be technically the year of the 20th anniversary of the Rubi.

If that's the case, just go with one of the bigger regional high throughput dealers. In my experience, they just give you so much less hassle and ef around a lot less. I have a hummer order in with my local folks. I've never dealt with them, so I'm giving it one last chance. My local Ford dealers don't even exist my mind. Jeep? I love my local place for service. Rockstars. But I buy from my regional big dealer about 200 or so miles away.
 
Last edited:
Hey man, any updates?
No sir! Trying my best to not even think about it lol. It's nice being able to check updates through Jeep's tracking tool now vs having to rely on Jeep Cares or the dealer. I'll post once I see any movement.
 
Saw this on my Facebook 392 page
Looks like someone got one
Wow that looks much better than it did on the configurator. It's giving Sting Gray a run for my 2nd favorite after Granite.
 
Saw this on my Facebook 392 page
Looks like someone got one
Looks more like Silver Zenith than Gobi to me but I'm old with failing eyesight. My Gobi hasn't even been started that I know of (according to Crypto).
 
Just got an email from Cryptostickers updating my Gobi 392 - they found a sticker (but no build??). There is hope.
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top