Front Driveshaft on Metal Cloak 3.5" Lift

dgerb

Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Rides
2021 Black 392, 2021 GMC Acadia AT4
For those with the Metal Cloak 3 1/2" lift, is it really important to measure for a new front drive-shaft, if so, what measurement are you coming up with. I would think it would be the same for all, if the same lift is used. Wouldn't the slip joint make-up for slight differences. I'm trying to save turn around time for the lift installation.

Just order the Metalcloak front driveshaft and you're done

Just order the Metalcloak front driveshaft and you're done
The Metalcloak driveshaft is 1310, the OEM on the 392 is 1330....Metalcloak doesn't offer a 1330 or 1350.

For those with the Metal Cloak 3 1/2" lift, is it really important to measure for a new front drive-shaft, if so, what measurement are you coming up with. I would think it would be the same for all, if the same lift is used. Wouldn't the slip joint make-up for slight differences. I'm trying to save turn around time for the lift installation.
On my JK I had a 4.5 lift AEV with stock shafts. After 3 yrs they are still going strong. Not sure this is really required and I don't like the snip remark MC puts on there order sheet. I am an expert and don't need a drive shaft. That made me want a different company lift kit.

Back